Are you afraid of going to Hell?

rstrats

Jun 27, 2002
✟70,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Roseonathorn,
re: "Jesus says to a man that He will be with Him today in paradise- the same day that He dies, I thought paradise and heaven were the same. Are they not?"

Well, it was 3 days later when the Messiah told Mary M. not to touch Him because He had not yet ascended to the Father. That seems to suggest that He didn't go to heaven on the day that He died.

• Informative
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my Swedish translation it says that Jesus says -” Today You will be with me in paradise. ”That to me is enough for me to believe that when we die we go to Jesus in paradise and are not left forsaken by God. God Himself said I will not forsake You nor leave You fatherless. So that is why we should have faith in God. Yes our bodies rest and rot or become burned but here Jesus says to a man that He will be with Him today in paradise- the same day that He dies, I thought paradise and heaven were the same. Are they not?
In my King James Version it says in Luke 23:42-43 "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." The translators and scribes of England, in writing those words, knew what the Savior said, and what He meant. There is no ambiguity as this thief on the cross came to know and accept Jesus as Lord. And this malefactors words were like those we are commanded to say. And this man who was justly placed on the cross alongside Jesus was granted what we all crave, to be with the Lord in Paradise for eternity after we die.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟166,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Every since I renewed my faith in God and Jesus, I can't stop thinking about it. I also can't stop thinking about everyone else either and about how they are likely going to hell. Am I alone in this?
I read somewhere that there are two types of fear of God...fear of going to hell and fear of losing God(being away from God so to speak).
I fear hell as well.
I battle with it every day.
Prayer helps.
Trusting and having faith helps.
I think it helps to be humble and grateful of our salvation, but also not to be presumptuous in our salvation (I am saved no matter what! type thinking...not turning away from sin, so to speak) or fall into despair(my sins could be never forgiven mindset).
Point is, be thankful of our salvation but don’t take it for granted, I guess?
I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh no ! Poor fellows. The name Pörn is a common name here but once they moved to America the dots disappeared - they Ended up on pleasant cemetary anyway. I am amazed they kept that name though.
inappropriate content, ANNA
-- Born May 30, 1881, Finland. Died Aug. 13, 1938, Seattle, Wash. Cause of death: chronic myocarditis; decompensation; edema. Wife of John inappropriate content. Father: Jacob Rodas (b. Finland). Mother: Beata (b. Finland). Burial Aug. 16, 1938, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Seattle, Wash.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Roseonathorn,
re: "Jesus says to a man that He will be with Him today in paradise- the same day that He dies, I thought paradise and heaven were the same. Are they not?"

Well, it was 3 days later when the Messiah told Mary M. not to touch Him because He had not yet ascended to the Father. That seems to suggest that He didn't go to heaven on the day that He died.

I have thought about that too, but if Jesus went to pay for ous sins where would that happen. In paradise? Where the sin where brought into the humankind in first place? He could probably go there because He is God. But then that is only dpeculation, most think He went to hell too. But I am no analytic. Perhaps.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Congrats! You are one of the very few individuals who can hear a "quiet still voice". You won the spiritual lottery. Almost everyone on Earth is damned because God hates mostly everyone.

This may be a long time in response, but I certainly hope you are being sarcastic or satirizing some preacher you've maybe heard who was all about the hellfire and God-hates-you talk, because otherwise if you truly believe this about God or Jesus then this is a terrible witness before everyone who sees this thread, especially if they are unbelievers who have yet to come to Christ. It is simply not true that God has determined to hate most of humanity who ever lived or created a place to torture them forever, no matter what some Calvinists seem to want everyone to believe - that they are part of some special elite to God and the rest He just made to hate.

Upvote 0