inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Every since I renewed my faith in God and Jesus, I can't stop thinking about it. I also can't stop thinking about everyone else either and about how they are likely going to hell. Am I alone in this?
When I was young I feared hell greatly. The more I feared hell, the worse the sin got. Only when I came to realise that Jesus was my rightstanding before the Father did I stop fearing hell, then the sin started to decrease(as per Paul's message)

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If I understand correctly, like you I am grateful that our God in heaven was always there as Abba, Father when my own was not. I was not certain I could always rely on my earthly father to be there, but I knew my heavenly father was ALWAYS there to love me. And Jesus, who died on the cross for my eternal salvation, was always there as my Lord to lead and direct me. And that I could hear the quiet still voice of the Holy Spirit in times of trouble and need. Way too many times love and gifts, even from my own parents, came with strings attached. It made me hard hearted in some ways. But, the gift of eternal salvation from God, never a string. Just given out of Love.

Congrats! You are one of the very few individuals who can hear a "quiet still voice". You won the spiritual lottery. Almost everyone on Earth is damned because God hates mostly everyone.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When I was young I feared hell greatly. The more I feared hell, the worse the sin got. Only when I came to realise that Jesus was my rightstanding before the Father did I stop fearing hell, then the sin started to decrease(as per Paul's message)

But how do you know that? How can you be sure that you aren't deceiving yourself?

Upvote 0

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But how do you know that? How can you be sure that you aren't deceiving yourself?
But my righteous]'>[g] one will live by faith.
And I take no pleasure
in the one who shrinks back.’h]'>[h]

39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.
Heb10:38&39

You have to stand on a righteousness of faith in Christ. And I know it is not always easy to do. You have an enemy who wants to cast doubts in your mind. The last thing he wants is for you to trust you are saved because Jesus died for you(he is your rightstanding before the Father) He will point out all your faults to you(you wont know he is doing it, you will just think you are reflecting on them) he will tell you, you are not good enough to be a Christian, you have too many imperfections. You must stand on Christ, even when your feelings do not want to, even when you are so painfiufully aware of your own shortcomings. If you really could do that, you would in time see the results, then you will be much more assured
God bless

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Congrats! You are one of the very few individuals who can hear a "quiet still voice". You won the spiritual lottery. Almost everyone on Earth is damned because God hates mostly everyone.
What kind of question is that? Seriously? If you have something constructive bring it. But if you are just spewing a hateful response take it elsewhere. The answer I offered was the truth.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What kind of question is that? Seriously? If you have something constructive bring it. But if you are just spewing a hateful response take it elsewhere. The answer I offered was the truth.

You are making a lot of assumptions. It means nothing more than what it says. Most of the world is doomed.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But my righteous]'>[g] one will live by faith.
And I take no pleasure
in the one who shrinks back.’h]'>[h]

39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.
Heb10:38&39

You have to stand on a righteousness of faith in Christ. And I know it is not always easy to do. You have an enemy who wants to cast doubts in your mind. The last thing he wants is for you to trust you are saved because Jesus died for you(he is your rightstanding before the Father) He will point out all your faults to you(you wont know he is doing it, you will just think you are reflecting on them) he will tell you, you are not good enough to be a Christian, you have too many imperfections. You must stand on Christ, even when your feelings do not want to, even when you are so painfiufully aware of your own shortcomings. If you really could do that, you would in time see the results, then you will be much more assured
God bless

The devil has a very easy job. It is almost impossible to not believe the message unless your life is pretty charming.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I guess the corollary question is, "SHOULD you fear hell?" I can think of nothing more fitting that you should fear, save for God himself. Luke 12:4-5 commands us to fear the God who has the power to throw us into hell.

I had a nightmare as a youth once that I was descending into hell. Lasted only a half-second before I woke up panting. I prayed that that never happen again--and it never has. It's comforting. I do fear hell, but that fear is held in check: not by me, but by God.

Fear has its place. Fear of crossing the Interstate keeps you from getting hit by a car. Fear to the point that you will never even walk on a sidewalk and you put up a great big concrete barrier in front of your house--maybe not so much.

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If one has trusted in Christ alone for salvation........There is absolutely no fear of hell.

We are sealed(Gods eternal seal/His Holy Spirit). We are promised eternal life. We are promised that we shall not come into condemnation. We are born of an imperishable seed. We are promised to NEVER perish. We have His Gift. His gifts are irrevocable. NOTHING can separate us from the love of Christ.

Believers question this......because believers don't know His Word and His promises.

• Winner
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are making a lot of assumptions. It means nothing more than what it says. Most of the world is doomed.
O.K., then, if I may ask, what do you mean by "Congrats! You are one of the very few individuals who can hear a "quiet still voice". " I just want to understand if you really meant that or if you are being snide? Because anyone who has confessed Jesus Christ as their Lord, repented of the their sins, and been baptized buy the Holy Spirit can hear that voice too. Just listen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
O.K., then, if I may ask, what do you mean by "Congrats! You are one of the very few individuals who can hear a "quiet still voice". " I just want to understand if you really meant that or if you are being snide? Because anyone who has confessed Jesus Christ as their Lord, repented of the their sins, and been baptized buy the Holy Spirit can hear that voice too. Just listen.

I'm being totally serious.

"Confessed Jesus Christ as their Lord, repented of the their sins, and been baptized buy the Holy Spirit"

Only works if you believe you did that correctly. There will always be the voice suggesting that maybe you didn't really do any of that and you are unsaved. It doesn't go away.

• Agree
Reactions: usexpat97
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It's actually a contradiction in the Bible:

Luke 12:4-7
4 “I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do. 5 But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him! 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Fear Him, has the power to cast you into hell.
But fear not, for you are way too valuable.

A contradiction. And you know what, I'm perfectly okay with that.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Every since I renewed my faith in God and Jesus, I can't stop thinking about it. I also can't stop thinking about everyone else either and about how they are likely going to hell. Am I alone in this?

Truth is Jesus preached and teached a lot regarding hell. Obviously a place to avoid. Where the road divides take the narrow road up and not the wide road down. Jesus Christ my (our) Lord and Savior.

God Abba our Daddy

M-Bob

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"Confessed Jesus Christ as their Lord, repented of the their sins, and been baptized buy the Holy Spirit"

Only works if you believe you did that correctly. There will always be the voice suggesting that maybe you didn't really do any of that and you are unsaved. It doesn't go away.
Maybe that is the way you see it. I don't usually throw scriptures but in Daniel 2:20, when Daniel revealed Nebakanezer's dream he said, “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings;. In 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." "Col 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him (Jesus)." Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

That voice left me when I began to thank and praise Jesus for everything; giving the devil no reward for anything. Even death, illness, accident, burns, loss of a loved one, loss of a limb, toothache, stomachache.., give praises to Jesus Christ for all things. Give thanks to God on High for even the worst leader in the world. Bow before the Lord our God in face of an earthquake (1), floods (3), fires (2) debilitating illness (2), and in all things recognize that HE is in charge of it all, for HIS purpose and HIS alone.

You can quote which scripture you want, think what you will, but for me and my house we give thanks to the Lord our God for everything up to and including death and we will listen for that quiet voice of the the Holy Spirit that leads us to do righteousness for Jesus' sake and no other.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DarkSoul999 said:

DarkSoul999 said:

DarkSoul999 said:

DarkSoul999 said:
The devil has a very easy job. It is almost impossible to not believe the message unless your life is pretty charming.

DarkSoul999 said:

Where are you getting what you believe, I wonder. These statements say that you believe in God, you believe in the devil, you believe in damnation and hell and that the world is doomed, and you believe That there is salvation with belief in Christ. I see these things in the Bible. You otherwise make assumptions yourself, with conclusions that are not said in the Bible.

It is not blind faith for all of us, though maybe it is for some. But I see there is plenty of basis to believe what is said in the Bible, and to trust Yahweh God our Maker.

But it isn't said in the Bible that "Almost everyone on Earth is damned because God hates mostly everyone." That was an assumption. God includes perfect justice, still, God is love. So it is of God"s eternal plan to have the way of salvation provided, though it was of great price beyond what we think of. It is freely given, with any who repent from their life with sin and believe trusting God which is possible in Christ through what he does for us. It is said God is not willing that any perish but that all come to repentance for that way of salvation. That there are those who won't is from their choice, with whatever barriers they keep up.

The scriptures show what things we can believe without deceiving ourselves. Many in the world are doomed, with their own choices. It is not unavoidable fate, any could choose differently, and believers are to help to make there be more opportunities for it for others.

I, for one, did not have a charmed life. It is with struggles, and with even a threat to life now. But it is clear to me we have a Maker, and I can't deny I know there is the evidence for the Bible along with Yahweh God's design providing for us, and God is to be trusted, with coming to God, in the way that Christ provided for, and God will not turn any who come to God that way. It is not more difficult than you make it, repent and trust God, to turn from ways you sin (the Bible shows what is sin) and live for God in the way it is revealed to do so.

There will be God's assurances to those of us who do repent with faith, believing God through coming to Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
False. Only those who have the capacity for total blind belief can enter heaven.

Every mentally tormented person on this planet is basically damned already because the voices will keep telling them that they aren't really saved.

Christ was crucified with two others, one of them said something along the lines that He admitted His guilt and asked the Christ to think of Him when He goes to heaven but it seemed He had not much hope for himself. Still Christ answered positively to Him - there was still hope for Him. He was also crucified by some reason. If You are genuinly interested then find out in the bible by yourself. See God has mercy too, if we turn away from our sins and follow Him. He will also help us. It is not only mere talk. If it were mere talk, faith would be dead, our God would be uncapable of saving people but the path to heaven is not easy. Some People disliked Jesus and some will dislike His followers.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So true.

• Agree
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DarkSoul999 said:

Being baptized by the Holy Spirit is not up to any of us. It only happens when those things happen, having confessed faith in Jesus Christ as the Lord he is, knowing sin to be rebellion against God, separating us from God, that there is repentance for in this faith. This is what is needed, and we can respond to God with this, which is always accepted as being done "correctly", or else be resisting that grace from God.

Roseonathorn said:
Christ was crucified with two others, one of them said something along the lines that He admitted His guilt and asked the Christ to think of Him when He goes to heaven but it seemed He had not much hope for himself. Still Christ answered positively to Him - there was still hope for Him. He was also crucified by some reason. If You are genuinly interested then find out in the bible by yourself. See God has mercy too, if we turn away from our sins and follow Him. He will also help us. It is not only mere talk. If it were mere talk, faith would be dead, our God would be uncapable of saving people but the path to heaven is not easy. Some People disliked Jesus and some will dislike His followers.

That one thief on the cross indeed said that he and the other thief had done the bad things for which they deserved to be there dying on the cross, which they did on that day. But he called on Jesus who hung there on the cross for him with them, calling on him as Lord, which he recognized, asking Jesus to remember him, that Jesus was returning to Heaven, he was the way. With this faith it was enough and Jesus certainly promised that thief he would remain with him, and see paradise.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Being baptized by the Holy Spirit is not up to any of us. It only happens when those things happen, having confessed faith in Jesus Christ as the Lord he is, knowing sin to be rebellion against God, separating us from God, that there is repentance for in this faith. This is what is needed, and we can respond to God with this, which is always accepted as being done "correctly", or else be resisting that grace from God.

That one thief on the cross indeed said that he and the other thief had done the bad things for which they deserved to be there dying on the cross, which they did on that day. But he called on Jesus who hung there on the cross for him with them, calling on him as Lord, which he recognized, asking Jesus to remember him, that Jesus was returning to Heaven, he was the way. With this faith it was enough and Jesus certainly promised that thief he would remain with him, and see paradise.

Hi
How wonderful is that? What hope for all of us. If a criminal is dying and truly repents, he is forgiven. That is how merciful God is. So it is never too late. As long as the repentance is real and from the heart.
Therefore, we should never think we can judge another. No matter how bad the things they do. It is between them and God in the end. I consider my task in this life to help lead others onto the narrow way so they can know Jesus. No matter what they have done.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In my Swedish translation it says that Jesus says -” Today You will be with me in paradise. ”That to me is enough for me to believe that when we die we go to Jesus in paradise and are not left forsaken by God. God Himself said I will not forsake You nor leave You fatherless. So that is why we should have faith in God. Yes our bodies rest and rot or become burned but here Jesus says to a man that He will be with Him today in paradise- the same day that He dies, I thought paradise and heaven were the same. Are they not?

Upvote 0