Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

This verse has to be understood in the light of its context of verses 9-15
This is one of the areas that some church’s use to degrade the woman by isolating scripture without understanding of its context and culture.

I worked these scriptures several years ago, so I will just copy verse 15 for you. If you want the rest {9-14} let me know.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Verse 15

Notwithstanding = but

She - Wife of the man of God

shall be saved (Gr) sozo = made whole, made complete,

in = through

childbearing On the surface it looks like childbearing is a curse, but actually she [the wife] shall be made complete, whole, through childbearing.

If they - The husband and wife.

Continue in (en) governs only the dative case and denotes being or remaining within with the primary idea of rest and continuance.

Faith = (Gr) pistis - noun = the divinely implanted principle. It is one of the fruits of the spirit. This particular form is not the action of believing, but the firm persuasion or conviction of what we hear from God’s word.

And charity = (Gr) agapê We all know this as being the love of God, but this love goes so much further than that which was known in the OT. It’s a spontaneous love irrespective of rights. Its love in it’s fullest conceivable form, and beyond.

And holyness - as becoming to the husband and wife as devoted to God.

With sobriety – with a dignified discreet walk.

God bless
sandman

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The NASB has women added in italics, meaning that its not in the Gree, so 1 Timothy 2.14,15. It seems to be a reference to the birth of Christ. Notice v. 11, Paul allowed women to be educated which was contray to the culture, meaning that he elevated the status of women.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.