Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In an interview with Crux, published Dec. 22, the ambassador, Raphael Schutz, denied that IDF soldiers targeted the women.

The Israeli ambassador to the Holy See accused the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem of “blood libel” for saying that two Christian women in Gaza had been intentionally killed “in cold blood” by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).

In an interview with Crux, published Dec. 22, the ambassador, Raphael Schutz, denied that IDF soldiers targeted the women.

Schutz said: “I find it very annoying that the Latin Patriarchate in Jerusalem very fast, a few hours after the incident, without an inquiry, lashed into publishing a text naming Israel as a country of murder, the IDF as murderers in ‘cold blood,’ which is basically a blood libel. Nobody in Israel does that intentionally.”

He told Crux, “It might be true technically that the women were shot by IDF forces, although this has not been 100 percent established,” Schutz said that “even if this is true, this has not been done by malice, or intentionally, it was a mistake like others during the war.”

The Jerusalem Patriarchate, which is led by Cardinal Pierbattista Pizzaballa and oversees the Catholic Church in the Holy Land, published a statement on Dec. 16, in which it said that the IDF had “murdered two Christian women inside the Holy Family Parish in Gaza, where the majority of Christian families has taken refuge since the start of the war.”

The patriarchate said that “no warning was given, no notification was provided,” and that the two women were “shot in cold blood inside the premises of the parish, where there are no belligerents.”

Continued below.

• Prayers
Reactions: seashale76

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Sadly, not surprising. A certain segment in Israel views anyone not them to be like animals. The IDF knows exactly what they're doing here.

The Israeli ambassador to the Holy See accused the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem of “blood libel” for saying that two Christian women in Gaza had been intentionally killed “in cold blood” by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).

Schutz said: “I find it very annoying that the Latin Patriarchate in Jerusalem very fast, a few hours after the incident, without an inquiry, lashed into publishing a text naming Israel as a country of murder, the IDF as murderers in ‘cold blood,’ which is basically a blood libel. Nobody in Israel does that intentionally.”

He told Crux, “It might be true technically that the women were shot by IDF forces, although this has not been 100 percent established,” Schutz said that “even if this is true, this has not been done by malice, or intentionally, it was a mistake like others during the war.”

The Jerusalem Patriarchate, which is led by Cardinal Pierbattista Pizzaballa and oversees the Catholic Church in the Holy Land, published a statement on Dec. 16, in which it said that the IDF had “murdered two Christian women inside the Holy Family Parish in Gaza, where the majority of Christian families has taken refuge since the start of the war.”

The patriarchate said that “no warning was given, no notification was provided,” and that the two women were “shot in cold blood inside the premises of the parish, where there are no belligerents.”

Continued below.
Why were they there? They could take refuge by leaving the war zone? Israel has dropped leaflets, and created corridors for them to get away from areas for quite some time now.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Why were they there? They could take refuge by leaving the war zone? Israel has dropped leaflets, and created corridors for them to get away from areas for quite some time now.
“murdered two Christian women inside the Holy Family Parish in Gaza, where the majority of Christian families has taken refuge since the start of the war.”

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
“murdered two Christian women inside the Holy Family Parish in Gaza, where the majority of Christian families has taken refuge since the start of the war.”
As I said, Israel has dropped leaflets as they have moved into different areas and phases of the war. They created corridors, and drop leaflets for people to leave areas, they are going to take. Many have left that way. I believe they are pretty much at a phase where they are all over Gaza at this point. And sporadic fighting occurs due to hiding in tunnels etc. I do not know why they are staying there? plus they found a rocket launcher. Why stay there ?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As I said, Israel has dropped leaflets as they have moved into different areas and phases of the war. They created corridors, and drop leaflets for people to leave areas, they are going to take. Many have left that way. I believe they are pretty much at a phase where they are all over Gaza at this point. And sporadic fighting occurs due to hiding in tunnels etc. I do not know why they are staying there? plus they found a rocket launcher. Why stay there ?
You asked why they were there. That's the answer.
Refuge.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Seeking refuge in a war zone? Where rocket launchers, and fighting is going on? I believe they can leave if they so choose.
I do not know the lay out nor the periods of rest, if at all, that they can be out.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I do not know the lay out nor the periods of rest, if at all, that they can be out.
Well, I know it has been reported that Israel is pretty much in control "ABOVE GROUND". It is the tunnel network that is making this linger. It is vast, like a spiderweb. These hamas terrorists murderers are still in these tunnels, and able to go many places under ground. They pop up, and basically urban battles ensue. So, I don't understand how a rocket launcher was found there. We already know they had operation sites under Hospitals. Why? Why blame Israel, and why would Palestinians stay in this. Until that tunnel network is destroyed this will continue. And most of all, why aren't Palestinians Christian or not, calling for Hamas to surrender?

Upvote 0