College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear that some say women are not suppose to preach. But looking at 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV, the verses are talking to married men, and says let “Your” women.
34 “Let “your” women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
34 “And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

The reason for this relates to this verses, which explains the law Paul is referring to under a marriage covenant:
1 Corinthians 7:39 KJV
The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth…..
1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

I don’t see scriptures saying an unmarried woman cannot preach. If a woman is not married, she has no man over her, therefore if she chooses to preach, there is no marriage covenant to break.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hear that some say women are not suppose to preach. But looking at 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV, the verses are talking to married men, and says let “Your” women.
34 “Let “your” women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
34 “And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

The reason for this relates to this verses, which explains the law Paul is referring to under a marriage covenant:
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

I don’t see scriptures saying an unmarried woman cannot preach. If a woman is not married, she has no man over her, therefore if she chooses to preach, there is no marriage covenant to break.
The text you are quoting it not just about preaching, but about speaking in church as such. As the verse 34 says, they were not allowed to even ask questions in the church.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The text you are quoting it not just about preaching, but about speaking in church as such. As the verse 34 says, they were not allowed to even ask questions in the church.
Agree, not speaking also covers preaching. I always wondered, if a wife can’t ask questions in church, what should she do if her husband does not know how to guide her because he does not have the proper scriptural knowledge.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What law?
If it's an OT law which says that, we are not under the OT law. If it's a NT law, Jesus broke it as he let women proclaim his word.
In marriage - not bound by law not to speak in church.
What's that got to do with whether or not God can call a woman to preach - as he did in the Bible?

I don’t see scriptures saying an unmarried woman cannot preach.
Neither are there any Scriptures which say that a married woman can't preach. If there were, God would be breaking his own word.
If a woman is not married, she has no man over her, therefore if she chooses to preach, there is no marriage covenant to break.
Preaching does not break a marriage covenant.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hear that some say women are not suppose to preach.

Neither are men.

Unless God calls them into the ministry.

And no, women should not be preachers in church.

Paul's epistles do not include women in the pulpit.

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Reactions: RileyG

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Neither are men.

Unless God calls them into the ministry.

And no, women should not be preachers in church.

Paul's epistles do not include women in the pulpit.

1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
Amen. We have different roles. Men and women are different from each other.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The apostles were men. Jesus was a man. Women have other roles.
The Apostles were Jews, Jesus was a Jew.
He chose a woman to be the first witness to the resurrection.
Women can have any role God calls us to have.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

So Paul was just blowing smoke when he said this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

I haven't heard a man yet who could convey the Saving Plan of Jesus Christ. If a woman can do it, bring it!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I agree that the first woman was the witness to the resurrection, but NO WOMAN has any business being on the altar as a leader in word and Sacrament. Those roles are reserved for men alone.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I haven't heard a man yet who could convey the Saving Plan of Jesus Christ. If a woman can do it, bring it!
Caring and thinking of others comes more naturally to a woman. If that is what our religion had become about, they would have been all over it.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Caring and thinking of others comes more naturally to a woman. If that is what our religion had become about, they would have been all over it.
I know plenty of caring and compassionate men. I disagree with this statement.

Upvote 0