Should We Get Rid of Female Sports?

Should We Get Rid of Female Sports?

• Get rid of them. Sex discrimination is bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get rid of them. There's no strong reason the women can't compete with the men.

• Keep them. Trans should always be allowed.

• Total voters

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
One argument I keep seeing in threads regarding trans in women's and girls' sports is that there are enough differences in biologic women/girls themselves that the tiny percentate of trans in the sports doesn't matter. However, we have separate sports for women and girls for a very specific reason, and that's because biologic males on significantly outperform biologic females in most sports on average.

But maybe that difference in men and women is unfairly exaggerated. I don't think it is. If it's okay for biologic males to participate in female sports, what's the point of having female sports at all? Maybe it's time to end the sex discrimination.

I'm okay with allowing trans if they fall within physical limits, as determined by the sports association.

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
When we get rid of female sports, will it be back in the kitchen for them?

While we are at it, let's take away their right to vote. Make them cover their faces in public. Send them to all women's schools. Treat them like second class citizens like they used to be.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Don't care. That should be entirely up to the people involved in the sports.
Why? We SHOULD worry about everything that everybody else does regardless if we participate or not! It MUST be our job to tell everybody (except perhaps white males) what they should and should not do!

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm all for equality in sport. Equal prize money for example. The boys run a marathon, the girls run the same distance...same prize money. The boys swim 200m, the girls swim the same length...same prize money. The boys play 5 sets...oh, hang on...

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we get rid of female sports, will it be back in the kitchen for them?

While we are at it, let's take away their right to vote. Make them cover their faces in public. Send them to all women's schools. Treat them like second class citizens like they used to be.
Yttrium's reference of getting rid of female sports wasn't that women wouldn't play sports, but rather we should get rid of the division between men and women and have them all compete together.

Maybe you did understand that and were just making a joke, but just in case I thought I should mention it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I will allow this video clip to speak for itself.

Should we assume it is about the three transwomen in the title frame? Are they swimmers or something? (The title cuts off before it en...)

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One argument I keep seeing in threads regarding trans in women's and girls' sports is that there are enough differences in biologic women/girls themselves that the tiny percentate of trans in the sports doesn't matter. However, we have separate sports for women and girls for a very specific reason, and that's because biologic males on significantly outperform biologic females in most sports on average.

But maybe that difference in men and women is unfairly exaggerated. I don't think it is. If it's okay for biologic males to participate in female sports, what's the point of having female sports at all? Maybe it's time to end the sex discrimination.

I'm okay with allowing trans if they fall within physical limits, as determined by the sports association.
It is like saying we should allow Superman to participate in all the events in the Olympics. After all, there is "only one of him." After he has won all the golds and set unbreakable records in all events.. nobody else will ever want to participate again. What is the point?

Upvote 0

Proselyte of Yah

Your Friendly Neighborhood Arian
Apr 26, 2022
Midlands
Visit site
✟24,105.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I understand transgenderism to be a psychological/neurological condition, and have atheist friends who are such, some who even have told me they themselves recognise it as a condition, and have stated to me "it's not normal" and refuse to have children because they believe it unethical to potentially pass it on, despite knowing/feeling they have been born in such a condition.

I myself thus, have nothing against people who are trans, in terms of the genuine medical case (so-called "gender studies" trans 'ideology', is another matter) and on top of that, their personal lives are not my business, I tend to just "Live and Let Live".

However, I voted "keep women's sports, but ban trans players", for the sake of the biological fairness to the naturally female players.

Most people are aware that male physical bodies, for the most part, have advantages over female, and trans-women (men who "become" women) have been dominating several women's sports because of their physical advantages, and I don't think that's fair. Not even from a religious perspective, but just ethically, even if I was an atheist, I'd say as such.

At the end of the day, I feel for a person who might have gender dysphoria, it must be a terribly mentally debilitating and stressful condition to feel like your body doesn't belong to your conscious mind/inner identity, but, they are not genuinely or authentically the opposite sex, just because they have surgery to chop off a few body parts, just as much as a child is not an adult even if you surgically attached adult sized legs, arms and genitalia to them. You suddenly wouldn't declare that child mature for legal sex or could be recognised legally as an adult to drink, smoke or have a driver's licence.

What we are is 'intrinsically' wholistic, and those with dysphoria, obviously are experiencing some kind of delusion or mental imbalance. I've 'personally' noted, and so are many medical studies confirming now, that most if not all trans/non-binary/dysphoric people, are also on the spectrum of neurodiversity, such as Autism Spectrum, ADHD, Bipolar, Multiple-personality, Schizophrenia, and alike.

Hence, "normalising" that kind of thinking (ie; teaching children gender is a social construct in schools, and telling them to 'choose their gender' and that there is no such thing as "physical sex" and "differences between the sexes" but only "internal identity") only promotes unnatural and boardline delusional thinking, where reality is no longer concrete, but is whatever a person's mind declares it to be. And that's a dangerous ideology to put into children's (or anyone's) heads, because it won't just stop at identity, but will have knock on moral and ethical effects, where everything becomes absolute relativism on the basis of pure emotion or imagination. A form of atheistic gnosticism if you will, rejection of the body and the tangible reality, in promotion of the "inner gnosis" so-called.

It's all a form of modernised hermetism and pagan metaphysics essentially.

When you totally displace/replace the real for the imagined, all distinction becomes meaningless, and even the rights or recognition of transgenderism becomes moot, because if everything is of the imagination and not based upon the physical realities so intertwined that our minds have to adhere to and recognise, then how can transgenderism be affirmed by denying gender/sex is a concrete reality with distinction between the sexes? If there is no real sex/gender distinction but only the inner self (as such ideologies are trying to propose as to try and "affirm" the approval of trans people in sports intended of the opposite sex) then there really are no real men or women in reality as a whole, which destroys the entire concept of transgenderism at its core, making even surgery for change moot.

So I say, do I 'love' trans people? Yes 100%. But do I recognise them as 'real' "men/women" (respectively), or that they should be officially recognised as such in all legal respects? No, I recognise it as a mental condition causing some kind of body-mind disconnect/delusion - of which I feel great pity and sympathy toward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Another video...
If I want to watch videos I'll log on to YouTube. If you have something to say then don't post someone else saying it. This is a forum. For the exchange of idea. Your ideas. Try presenting them.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If I want to watch videos I'll log on to YouTube. If you have something to say then don't post someone else saying it. This is a forum. For the exchange of idea. Your ideas. Try presenting them.
My answer to you: Pffffffft! Go log on to Youtube then.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Women's sport might be a good "safe space" for women to compete against each other and fairer than pitting a woman against a man twice her weight and even higher in upper body strength, but at the same time, those sports also routinely get far less attention.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Women's sport might be a good "safe space" for women to compete against each other and fairer than pitting a woman against a man twice her weight and even higher in upper body strength, but at the same time, those sports also routinely get far less attention.
Yes..the concept of safe spaces has a history of going down really well with the American right.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have two daughters who played sports fastpitch softball soccer and basketball, for high school and went on with scholarships fastpitch to D2 colleges (mine and others, I know how hard they worked because I coached in a league. Female sports are competitive with biological females, I see how hard the girls worked since 10 years old, and thankfully their scholarships wouldn't go to a medicated biological male.

They should create a Trans league in sports.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They should create a Trans league in sports.
Not enough of them. Women make up approximately 50% of the population and they frequently have difficulty finding players. Trans people represent less than 1% of the population. You might be able to make a trans team for any sport, but a whole league? No way.

The reality is that less than 0.5% of high school athletes identify as transgender, and there are less than 50 openly transgender athletes competing at the college level in all sports (per US News and World Report).

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

They should base it on biological male/female .... the term woman is an adult female .... the term man is an adult male .... the term girl is a young female the term boy is a young male .... these terms are used to describe an age span ... but the point is it always goes back to biological male or female ... if people want to have co-ed then they can define it as such and anyone can participate. so there would be 3 sports groups.

XX XY is determined at conception and is immutable.

The Oxford Etymological Dictionary of the English Language of 1882 defined gender as kind, breed, sex, derived from the Latin ablative case of genus, like genere natus, which refers to birth.

It has now been changed to mean something different ... that don't mean that is true. Gender is a social construct not a biological one. Some agree with it ... some don't. I agree to disagree and let us all live in peace.

You can't change XX & XY ... like it or not ... no matter how you live, dress and/or remove/change body parts ... the XX and XY never changes ... people can and do choose the way they want to live in this regard ... but the biology never changes ... something that never changes is absolute truth.

Believing in biological truth does not make one a bigot, transphobic or anything else ... it's biological science.

As far as sports ... The fix ... create a 3rd category of which anyone can choose to participate (co-ed) ... create co-ed showers/bathrooms in addition to male/female shower and bathroom areas.

Upvote 0