Are we going more and more towards the End of Times?

MYAC1

Jun 24, 2012
Finland
✟7,658.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin is taking over people all around the world...

1. The churches are getting more and more unholy by becoming too liberal and by adapting to community. They should not follow the community but the Word of God, presented through the Bible.

--> Homosexuality is considered as natural. I don't consider it natural, but neither I consider it a choice, but rather a way of satan trying to ruin the holy marriage. Homosexuals should still be treated like heterosexuals BUT they should not be allowed to wed or adopt children. It's my religious opinion, ban me if you want to, but it will not take my faith away. :amen:
--> The churches are also changing in many other ways to become the churches of mankind (and the Antichrist when he rises) rather than the churches of our Triune God.

2. The UN and the pope are on the behalf of a one-world-religion. This could be the prophesied one-world-religion, through which the False Prophet will misguide people to serve the Antichrist.

3... You come up with possible reasons why the End of Times is nearer us than it has ever been before (or isn't.) Atheists and liberalists... Please stay away, conservatives and fundamentalists are welcome to discuss.

I know I'm just 17 but I understand a lot about these things already.

May the Lord bless you all.

:crossrc:

Last edited:

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MYAC,

Well, logically speaking every day that you wake up you are at least one day closer to the 'last days'. However, I agree with you that what we see around the world certianly seems to match a lot of the warnings, instructions and prophecies of what the 'last days' will be like.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

saskcanada4christ

Saskatchewan Canada
Nov 12, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟15,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi,
I think it coming soon, but to predict the date I won't do because no one knows, not even the angels I agree that the churches are becoming more liberalized on acepting new ideas and putting them into the word of god. I don't think it the fear of losing people from god it the fear of losing money from there collection plate. Money matters to all ... Right? As for haveing un the pope becoming like the one world religion.... Maybe true...... it could even be the European union who's to know.... Just have to wait and see..... The thing people forget in my opinion is that Christianity is not about having all these different sects, cults, etc but that we should follow the bible and try to be like Christ more. We are so focused on preaching the word and trying to put these man made idea in the bible that we are actually corrupting people. I think all of these jahouva, two by two, catholic, etc are all leading Christians away from having a real relationship with god and christ. I think that this is a sign also. But that my opinion.

Upvote 0

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Homosexuality becoming mainstream, recent reports of Israel stepping up preparations for war, the looming fiscal cliff. Maybe.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been much more inclined to pray that God will "raise up more workers for the harvest" as Christ said we should do rather than pray for Him to postpone his wrath. At this point, we as a collective species deserve a huge cosmic spanking.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure you're just 17? You have a good handle on what's going on :).

We certainly are closer to the end times than we've ever been (naturally). Whether it's going to happen tomorrow or in 100 years we don't know. We do know, though, "if the salt has lost its flavor, how shall it be seasoned?" The Church is to be the salt of the world, and I agree that we've been falling down on the job. I don't see it getting any better either, as churches become more like the world instead of making a difference in the world. I suspect the remedy lies with each of us individually. We should hold ourselves to a godly standard and require that the churches we attend maintain that godly standard collectively. And we support our churches by voting with our feet.

Keep sounding the alarm. We obviously need to keep hearing it.

Upvote 0

Mediaeval

baptizatus sum
Sep 24, 2012
✟29,873.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The suicide of Western Civilization does not equate to the end of the world. One story must die so that another one may take its place. The world is still largely pre-Christian. It will be a long time before the end comes. Christians need to take a long-term approach and attitude.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The suicide of Western Civilization does not equate to the end of the world. One story must die so that another one may take its place. The world is still largely pre-Christian. It will be a long time before the end comes. Christians need to take a long-term approach and attitude.
While I agree with your first sentence, I disagree with the rest. I think Christians need to take a short-term view and be urgent about fulfilling our calling. Of course none of us knows, but my opinion is that the time left before The End is rather short.

Upvote 0

MYAC1

Jun 24, 2012
Finland
✟7,658.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that at least a small part of the events John saw in the Revelation have already happened, and more are happening all the time. Who knows how much it will still take until the rise of the Antichrist? What if he's already risen? What if the Antichrist isn't an actual person, but a nation/a church/etc... Many questions arise.

Coming to think of it, money really is the driving power behind the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland. I've seen it, and keep seeing it. There are hypocrites leading our church... It just doesn't feel good when I know I can do nothing about it in the next 3 years before the church council election.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MYAC1

Jun 24, 2012
Finland
✟7,658.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that at least a small part of the events John saw in the Revelation have already happened, and more are happening all the time. Who knows how much it will still take until the rise of the Antichrist? What if he's already risen? What if the Antichrist isn't an actual person, but a nation/a church/etc... Many questions arise.

Coming to think of it, money really is the driving power behind the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland. I've seen it, and keep seeing it. There are hypocrites leading our church... It just doesn't feel good when I know I can do nothing about it in the next 3 years before the church council election.

Upvote 0
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When you try to talk to a person about their soul and Christ's coming.... you get a lot of .."people have been saying that in every generation."

Today people do not fear God. They want to pick out scriptures that talk about God's love, but leave out the parts about his wrath. Many ministers preach only about love... I am almost 67 and I don't remember hearing a minster preach about hell and damnation as an adult. Many church going members don't even know what their Bible says... they don't read it, but take the minister's word for what the Word says.

More and more people are not going to church anymore. Many country churches have had to close their doors. Those that are open have to lock their doors because of vandalism and theft.

Yes, we are near the time for Christ. He said to watch the fig tree, when it budded you knew spring was close. Well, people, the time of our world is budding.

I am looking for him anyday now. :clap:We need to feel an urgency for our unsaved friends and loved ones and spend time praying for them.:pray::prayer:

May God bless his faithful and give them strength to hang on until his coming. I thank God for a 17 year who has wisdom and maturity many older people do not have. He is a blessing to us.

grandma

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the meanwhile, we should do as Christ said and pray that more people will be converted and brought to God so that he Gospel will spread and perhaps His wrath may be tempered/postponed.
But if His wrath is postponed (which I doubt; I happen to believe that He has a definite date/time set for this to occur), that would also mean His return is postponed. And wouldn't you echo John's sentiment in Rev. 22:20 -- "Even so, come Lord Jesus"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Prayer can temper God's wrath:

But Moses sought the favor of the Lord his God. “Lord,” he said, “why should your anger burn against your people, whom you brought out of Egypt with great power and a mighty hand? Why should the Egyptians say, ‘It was with evil intent that he brought them out, to kill them in the mountains and to wipe them off the face of the earth’? Turn from your fierce anger; relent and do not bring disaster on your people. Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: ‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever.’” Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

Upvote 0
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
But if His wrath is postponed (which I doubt; I happen to believe that He has a definite date/time set for this to occur), that would also mean His return is postponed. And wouldn't you echo John's sentiment in Rev. 22:20 -- "Even so, come Lord Jesus"?

Amen! Even so, Come Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Prayer can temper God's wrath:

But Moses sought the favor of the Lord his God. “Lord,” he said, “why should your anger burn against your people, whom you brought out of Egypt with great power and a mighty hand? Why should the Egyptians say, ‘It was with evil intent that he brought them out, to kill them in the mountains and to wipe them off the face of the earth’? Turn from your fierce anger; relent and do not bring disaster on your people. Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: ‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever.’” Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

Yes, prayer can temper God's wrath, but it is written what will happen and God will carry through his plans. One day, prayer will not be enough. the Father will tell the Son to go get his children!

Upvote 0