Are we going more and more towards the End of Times?

tobethebest

Veteran
Mar 5, 2008
✟16,083.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We've always had liberals and conservatives. Conservatives played a large part in holding off the liberal front until just recently. Those who have been living off the system for decades are rejoicing over uncontrolled gov't spending.

Folks living on less than twenty thousand dollars a year are more capable of owning HD TV's, mobile phones, computers, etc. than today's working class. Yet, today's workers are being forced to pay additional taxes per year starting in January which will eliminate their ability to provide for themselves a retirement savings, or money for their childrens educations, or that new car they so desperately need to keep working.

States are voting in same sex marriages.

Abortion rights activists want fourteen year old girls to have the right to abort quietly and at the expense of the working class.

Gay people are demanding and getting the rights of heterosexuals including adoption rights.

Businesses are being forced to provide mandatory health care benefits which in turn is causing companies to fire employees, sending them on the street with just 26 weeks of unemployment benefits and no health care. Many Mom and Pop businesses are closing after providing for themselves an income for decades.

The top one percent of this country's wealthy profitted fourteen million dollars last year across the board.

White America has become the minority.

Wasteful gov't spending has used up all the money placed in social security since the time of Roosevelt.

There are tens of thousands of people on unemployment benefits whose 99 weeks of income will be reduced to 26 weeks probably by the start of the new year. How are they supposed to live?

Churches are considered non-profit organizations and do not pay taxes and some ministers are worth millions. I see that changing very soon.

Everyone will be accountable for their income eventually and businesses will be forced to let people go, creating a smaller field of tax payers.

Even today's elderly are losing benefits. Are elderly parents being forced to move in with their children?

As I see it, these are the issues of today. Trying to figure out God's timing should be the least of our worries.........

New International version: If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

The King James version: But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Upvote 0

Shinycrown

Nov 2, 2012
Abeokuta,Ogun State, Nigeria
Visit site
✟7,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we are close to the end-time and I urge everyone of us to be at alert and vigilant because the elect shall be deceived.The Powerful Word of Jesus should be the Fuel in our lamp, and He will be the light to our feet to prevent us from stumbling into the darkness that had subdued the earth.

Upvote 0

Elijahrock

Dec 6, 2012
Richmond, VA
✟15,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think we're all forgetting something here: our God is a mighty and powerful God. He will not stand idle for long. Here are some inspiring bible verses that harken back to the glorious days of the old testament when the spirit of God was so prevalent in the lives of our spiritual fore bearers. The Lord will recompense!

"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords." -Hosea 13:16

Praise God! He will do the same to our contemporary heathens

"If a man has sex with another man, kill them both." -Leviticus 20:13

Hallelujah!

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." Ephesians 6:5

Jehovah Nissi! (The Lord is my banner!)

"women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says." -1 Corinthians 14:34

The words of the apostle Paul himself (divinely inspired)

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." -Isaiah 13:15-16

Our God is a great God. He WILL make his presence known in the coming years as the rapture nears.

Upvote 0

tobethebest

Veteran
Mar 5, 2008
✟16,083.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Elijahrock - It's interesting to note that things like being "thrust through", "dashed to pieces", "spoiled" and "ravished.""killed", "Little ones will be dashed to death against the ground".........all of that stuff leaves me speechless and I'm a Viet Nam Era veteran.

Why must it all appear like everything is solved by war? Nobody wins a war. The loses are far too great on both sides. When once we were under the law, we are now under grace. Grace works differently, at least I would like to think that it does. War is hell and it takes no prisoners, especially those affected by it. Never a day goes by that it isn't recalled.

Upvote 0

Elijahrock

Dec 6, 2012
Richmond, VA
✟15,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Elijahrock - It's interesting to note that things like being "thrust through", "dashed to pieces", "spoiled" and "ravished.""killed", "Little ones will be dashed to death against the ground".........all of that stuff leaves me speechless and I'm a Viet Nam Era veteran.

Why must it all appear like everything is solved by war? Nobody wins a war. The loses are far too great on both sides. When once we were under the law, we are now under grace. Grace works differently, at least I would like to think that it does. War is hell and it takes no prisoners, especially those affected by it. Never a day goes by that it isn't recalled.

I can't change what's in the Bible.. That's what God says plain and simple.

Upvote 0

Lepanto

Jun 16, 2008
Liverpool
✟27,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The suicide of Western Civilization does not equate to the end of the world. One story must die so that another one may take its place. The world is still largely pre-Christian. It will be a long time before the end comes. Christians need to take a long-term approach and attitude.

Yes, I agree with you, I don't think the end is near yet, although the world is very very
corrupted and immoral already. My opinion is based on the following reasons:

1) The conversion of the whole world must happen before the end. Now not even China and Israel have ever been Christian. China is still persecuting Christians and Israel is still waiting for her Messiah.

2) Our Lord Jesus Christ came not only to redeem us but also to give us a better life. That was shown during the European Middle Ages and the next subsequent 300 years. The superiority of the Christian way of life was demonstrated clearly and resplendently during that period. God was being glorified in that Christian civilization. I believe God gives every nation not only a chance to know Christ, but also to build up a Christian Civilization to glorify God. God has allowed China to build a splendid pagan civilization, then He would also allow China to build an even more splendid Christian civilization. Now where is that civilization?

3) The Anti-Christ has not appeared yet. Could anyone tell me who said Anti-Christ could be a nation ?

4) Saint John Bosco (19th century) predicted that one day Europe would return to the Church after her apostasy. And that England will take the lead among European nations. That still has not happened.

5) Mother Mary foretold in Fatima in 1917 that if men were to repent, then an era of peace would be granted to mankind. That implied that God has not wished the end of time to happen in our time.

These are my humble opinions, correct me if I am wrong. You might neither believe nor accept what I said, since you listen only to the Bible and absolutely nothing else whatsoever. If that's the case, then keep believing your own opinions and keep waiting.

(MYAC1: who said the UN wants a 1 world religion ? It might want a 1 world Government, but definitely not a 1 world religion. The Pope didn't say he wants a 1 world religion either, but definitely he wants a unified Church -- isn't that the wish of Our Lord Jesus Christ when He said "that all may be one" and "...upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gate of hell shall not overcome her." Note the word Church, not Churches. Only 1 Church. )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, I agree with you, I don't think the end is near yet, although the world is very very

1) The conversion of the whole world must happen before the end. Now not even China and Israel have ever been Christian. China is still persecuting Christians and Israel is still waiting for her Messiah.

2) Our Lord Jesus Christ came not only to redeem us but also to give us a better life. That was shown during the European Middle Ages and the next subsequent 300 years. The superiority of the Christian way of life was demonstrated clearly and resplendently during that period. God was being glorified in that Christian civilization. I believe God gives every nation not only a chance to know Christ, but also to build up a Christian Civilization to glorify God. God has allowed China to build a splendid pagan civilization, then He would also allow China to build an even more splendid Christian civilization. Now where is that civilization?

3) The Anti-Christ has not appeared yet. Could anyone tell me who said Anti-Christ could be a nation ?

4) Saint John Bosco (19th century) predicted that one day Europe would return to the Church after her apostasy. And that England will take the lead among European nations. That still has not happened.

5) Mother Mary foretold in Fatima in 1917 that if men were to repent, then an era of peace would be granted to mankind. That implied that God has not wished the end of time to happen in our time.

I don't fully agree with you. What's the proof ?

GPP1454

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Tobethebest,
you stated: Folks living on less than twenty thousand dollars a year are more capable of owning HD TV's, mobile phones, computers, etc. than today's working class. Yet, today's workers are being forced to pay additional taxes per year starting in January which will eliminate their ability to provide for themselves a retirement savings, or money for their childrens educations, or that new car they so desperately need to keep working.

I live on $11,000 a year and I do not own any of the things you listed except the computer that my son bought me. While my children were growing... I was working for $20 a week! I struggled and made do with many things and done witout many things. I put myself through college and spent years teaching special education to other peoples children and retired while I was making $31,000 a year. My health forced retirement, hence the small retirement check. I am disabled, but I cannot draw disability because of my retirement. Am I not allowed to give myself one pleasure... my internet or is that wrong of me because medicaide helps pay for my doctor and med bills?

Before you make a bold statement based on generalities... maybe you should walk in the shoes of someone who makes less than $20,000 a year!

grandma

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we're all forgetting something here: our God is a mighty and powerful God. He will not stand idle for long. Here are some inspiring bible verses that harken back to the glorious days of the old testament when the spirit of God was so prevalent in the lives of our spiritual fore bearers. The Lord will recompense!

"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords." -Hosea 13:16

Praise God! He will do the same to our contemporary heathens

"If a man has sex with another man, kill them both." -Leviticus 20:13

Hallelujah!

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." Ephesians 6:5

Jehovah Nissi! (The Lord is my banner!)

"women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says." -1 Corinthians 14:34

The words of the apostle Paul himself (divinely inspired)

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." -Isaiah 13:15-16

Our God is a great God. He WILL make his presence known in the coming years as the rapture nears.

.....you and those of your ilk seriously need to have your heads examined. You disgust me. This kind of belief is no different than what Islamic fundamentalists teach.

Upvote 0

tobethebest

Veteran
Mar 5, 2008
✟16,083.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grandma - I stand corrected where you are concerned. I doubt that the same holds true for many others and I don't expect anyone will step forward to admit it. Paying income taxes takes a toll on so many hard working self-employed individuals, wouldn't you agree?

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sin is taking over people all around the world...

1. The churches are getting more and more unholy by becoming too liberal and by adapting to community. They should not follow the community but the Word of God, presented through the Bible.

--> Homosexuality is considered as natural. I don't consider it natural, but neither I consider it a choice, but rather a way of satan trying to ruin the holy marriage. Homosexuals should still be treated like heterosexuals BUT they should not be allowed to wed or adopt children. It's my religious opinion, ban me if you want to, but it will not take my faith away. :amen:
--> The churches are also changing in many other ways to become the churches of mankind (and the Antichrist when he rises) rather than the churches of our Triune God.
Yes, churches are becoming more liberal. Find one that isn't and attend and support it.

Homosexuals should be treated as any other unsaved person. You cannot win them with the Bible if the Holy Spirit does not break down the barrier prohibiting them from hearing the words of God. Sin is sin. To justify sin in a political sense is to make the Gospel message secondary to Judeo-Christian values. This would be wrong.

2. The UN and the pope are on the behalf of a one-world-religion. This could be the prophesied one-world-religion, through which the False Prophet will misguide people to serve the Antichrist.
I am not a supporter of the Pope or the UN. The Anti-Christ's scenario will probably take us all by surprise. I don't spend much time dwelling these things because I believe in a Sovereign God.

3... You come up with possible reasons why the End of Times is nearer us than it has ever been before (or isn't.) Atheists and liberalists... Please stay away, conservatives and fundamentalists are welcome to discuss.
Everyday is one day closer. When that day will be, it will be when in God's designated time.

I know I'm just 17 but I understand a lot about these things already.

May the Lord bless you all.

:crossrc:

:wave:

Upvote 0

Lax

Black Man's Kryptonite
Mar 19, 2012
✟8,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today people do not fear God.
I think..... that's the biggest difference between the old days and the modern era. Sometimes..... I wonder if that's the way God wants it.

Some of the curses and plagues in the old days were pretty epic. I mean.... could you imagine burning hail or flooding the planet in this day and age? People would flip.

God allows so much in the world and when he does act it's often so subtle that what he does could easily be written off as coincidence.... and he knows that too.

People don't fear God.... but sometimes I think that's part of the plan too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Grandma - I stand corrected where you are concerned. I doubt that the same holds true for many others and I don't expect anyone will step forward to admit it. Paying income taxes takes a toll on so many hard working self-employed individuals, wouldn't you agree?

I agree. I worked since the age of 16 and I paid income taxes until I became a teacher at the age of 40. I still paid medicare/medicaide and it still comes out of my retirement check along with SS taxes. So in essence, I am still paying taxes on the benifits I now recieve, except I do not qualify for SS disability because I recieve a SMALL teachers pension.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We've always had liberals and conservatives. Conservatives played a large part in holding off the liberal front until just recently. Those who have been living off the system for decades are rejoicing over uncontrolled gov't spending.

Folks living on less than twenty thousand dollars a year are more capable of owning HD TV's, mobile phones, computers, etc. than today's working class. Yet, today's workers are being forced to pay additional taxes per year starting in January which will eliminate their ability to provide for themselves a retirement savings, or money for their childrens educations, or that new car they so desperately need to keep working.

States are voting in same sex marriages.

Abortion rights activists want fourteen year old girls to have the right to abort quietly and at the expense of the working class.

Gay people are demanding and getting the rights of heterosexuals including adoption rights.

Businesses are being forced to provide mandatory health care benefits which in turn is causing companies to fire employees, sending them on the street with just 26 weeks of unemployment benefits and no health care. Many Mom and Pop businesses are closing after providing for themselves an income for decades.

The top one percent of this country's wealthy profitted fourteen million dollars last year across the board.

White America has become the minority.

Wasteful gov't spending has used up all the money placed in social security since the time of Roosevelt.

There are tens of thousands of people on unemployment benefits whose 99 weeks of income will be reduced to 26 weeks probably by the start of the new year. How are they supposed to live?

Churches are considered non-profit organizations and do not pay taxes and some ministers are worth millions. I see that changing very soon.

Everyone will be accountable for their income eventually and businesses will be forced to let people go, creating a smaller field of tax payers.

Even today's elderly are losing benefits. Are elderly parents being forced to move in with their children?

As I see it, these are the issues of today. Trying to figure out God's timing should be the least of our worries.........

New International version: If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

The King James version: But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Well, that's the rub, isn't it? The federal government spends more than it takes in, but yet everyone wants the financial benefits while complaining about paying the taxes.

Upvote 0

Interesting... fascinating...

Upvote 0

Lepanto

Jun 16, 2008
Liverpool
✟27,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I got some of them wrong. They should have been the followings:

2) I believe God gives every nation not only a chance to know Christ, but also to build up a Christian Civilization to glorify Himself. Up until now, only Europe did build up resplendent Christian civilizations.
Therefore, I believe God will give more time for other nations to do it (such as China, US, Japan, Brazil, etc).

3) The Anti-Christ has not appeared yet.

4)
• Mother Mary predicted in La Salette, France that one day Europe would return to the Church after her apostasy. And that England will take the lead among European nations.
• Saint Dominic Savio also had a vision which foretold England's return to the Church.
This still has not happened yet.

5) Mother Mary foretold in Fatima in 1917 that an era of peace would be granted to mankind after the present world crisis, regardless of whether mankind repent or not.

_______
Lepanto

Last edited:
Upvote 0