Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I was just watching a news report on Israel's war against Palestine. The report started with an update stating that the IDF has dropped six thousand bombs on Gaza in the past 6 days. Six thousand bombs, on a stretch of land about twice the size of Washington D.C. First-world, advanced fighter jets, shooting very, very big bombs everywhere on a tiny stretch of what is ranked as the 3rd most densely populated piece of land in the world.

The report detailed how Israel has warned that they will start bombing the entire northern area of Gaza, which rounds to roughly 1 million people needing to stack on top of the already existing, dense population of the southern half. That is not realistic.

And, this is after their electricity, water, food, medicine, and everything has been completely cut off. They are under a total siege (which is different from the partial siege they've been under for the past several decades). And this is while a thousand very large bombs drop across the region every day.

Their situation is dire. Tens of thousands will likely die in the next week.

After about 3 minutes of building up this horrible situation, the video cuts over to footage of victims of the Hamas attack mourning dead loved ones, kidnapped loved ones, and the state of Israel in general. It was sad to see, but also the shift was fairly jarring. We go from, "More than a million will be displaced while thousands more will die" to "They killed my mom and I miss her". I mean, I know what Hamas did was horrible. But Israel is essentially broadcasting that they are about to commit genocide on Gaza.

For a country fearful of being destroyed, they sure have become good at destroying.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel is perhaps the only country in history that forewarns where they are going to strike and when. And Hamas might just be the only internationally recognized terrorist nations that tell their citizens not to flee.

If Hamas cared about their citizens, they would be evacuating the area, but they are not.

Also, do you have the required link to a news article as required?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evacuate to where?
The South - where they were told to go.

Ever wonder why the other Islamic nations will send rockets, munitions and soldiers, but will NOT allow their refugees to find a safe haven? Like Egypt who they share a border with?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evacuate to where?
That is much of the issue, as well, with the Palestinian situation; not just what Israel has done but the lack of support from Arabic nations. At no time has an Arabic Nation opened its borders to the Palestinians or seriously attempted to supply aid. In fact, what "aid" they have gotten is largely in the form of "military aid" to arm Hamas and the PLO to fight against Israel. It seems the Arabic nations specifically want to keep Palestine as a non-state, to use as fodder to attack Israel, while they can sit back and claim they are not at war with Israel.

Also, at least they got some warning, even with the difficulties of getting that number of people to the South. That is more than Hamas gave the Israeli's (and citizens of other nations) whom they attacked and murdered in cold blood, to include women and children.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It looks bad, and many will die but it's war Hamas wanted and quite frankly this is what it looks like.

You have to look at a few things, Hamas themselves do not value life. They hold a much higher value on death.

Therefore, they pulled up their own water lines (prior to the water shut off) to make rocket launchers to shoot rockets at civilian targets inside Israel. (Not military).

Right now as we speak, Hamas leadership are telling Gaza residents to stay exactly where they are and NOT to evacuate - higher body counts make for more sympathy, so they are literally trying to get those body counts up intentionally. So of course the UN is going to be like we can't get them out - because you have to talk them into it first and by the time you get that done Hamas will have found a way to safety. Same old, same old.

The US has tried time and time again to get a peace agreement between the two countries and cannot manage to get to any agreement for peace.

so they wanted war, they are getting it in a manner to dissuade other terrorists from joining. And maybe, just maybe, with Hamas gone permanently they will find a way to peace. But never so long as Hamas is there.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But Israel is essentially broadcasting that they are about to commit genocide on Gaza.
You Can't commit genocide by warning your victims that you're coming so they can leave the area. That just doesn't make any sense.

Hamas has told the Palestinians to not leave! Do they want them to be martyrs? Or do they think they can use them as a shield to protect themselves like they always have?

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The South - where they were told to go.
It's not clear to me how much you understand of what's happening over there, but I think even you, in your situation understand that no food, no water, no electricity, and no medicine is not safe.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is going to get brutal. A lot of people will die. Israel said they will get rid of Hamas tunnels which riddle Gaza. People have built houses on top of the tunnels.If Israel bombs the tunnels, innocent people will die but they have been warned to get out. Hamas will kill them if they try to leave and Israel will kill them if they stay. It is a sad situation made by Hamas.

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not clear to me how much you understand of what's happening over there, but I think even you, in your situation understand that no food, no water, no electricity, and no medicine is not safe.
Who has no water, where does most of the water supplying the Gaza Strip come from, how much do yo really know about what is happening there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
f Israel bombs the tunnels, innocent people will die but they have been warned to get out.
It's weird to me how Christians can so easily get righteous about how no one is perfect, how we're all sinners, etc, but then suddenly everyone is innocent, too.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Who has no water, where does most of the water supplying the Gaza Strip come from, how much do yo really know about what is happening there?
I guess you're saying you think they do have power and water in Gaza right now?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What's the correct number for revenge?
I'm not talking about revenge. I'm talking about eliminating a hostile force, Hamas. The desired number of other people getting killed is zero. But I realize that may not be possible.

That said, I am concerned Israel may be extremely reckless with a spirit of revenge being part of the motivation.

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's weird to me how Christians can so easily get righteous about how no one is perfect, how we're all sinners, etc, but then suddenly everyone is innocent, too.
Let me be clear. Hamas is not innocent. The children are. Are you a Christian?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.