Are we children of the left-behind in the first century?

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That's strange since it was described by Paul.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Seems pretty hard to miss.

I am aware of the verse, I just don’t interpret it as referring to a vertical ascent. Caught up implies to me instantaneous transport.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am aware of the verse, I just don’t interpret it as referring to a vertical ascent. Caught up implies to me instantaneous transport.

I don't see "speed" involved in the text but I'll agree with you it likely isn't a slow movement but being moved to the clouds of the Earth seems to involve "vertical ascent". Do you disagree?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Because I was reported by somebody that my posts propagate full preterism and therefore I am not able to express my thoughts freely here in this thread, I have created a new thread in the section "controversial theology" where it can be discussed freely.

This thread can be closed and deleted by mods.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If the rapture in 70 AD is true, where does it leave us?

What is expected from us, what is our goal? Also, what from the New Testament apply to us?
Matthew 24 was fulfilled by 70ad. Otherwise, there wasn't any sort of rapture at that time.

Upvote 0