Are the people who run from this Muslim, smart or racist?

Is running smart or racist?

• racist

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • smart

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why would it be racist to run from a perceived bomber?

Do you think they wouldn't be running if a white christian posing as a bomber would walk up?

Ironically, racism seems to be embedded in what you are insinuating here.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
640.jpg

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

"hollywood ninja's", that is...

ie: gymnastics that look aggressive.

Actual ninja don't really jump around like that. Quite the opposite... it's all about minimal movement using minimal energy, but with maximised output of damage. It's called Taijutsu.

(I did Ninpo in a Bujinkan dojo for a few years, back in the day and can't help myself to point it out)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
People really need to learn that covertly filming abhorrent behaviour doesn't make it OK. Nor does calling it a "prank".
Yeah, seriously. Making people fear for their lives is not cool. Especially if it plays on nonsensical stereotypes to do so.

That said, that's the whole point of the "prank", isn't it? To make people think, "Oh my god, there's a bomb, I'm going to die". Hardly racist to run at that point.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
Why would it be racist to run from a perceived bomber?

Do you think they wouldn't be running if a white christian posing as a bomber would walk up?

Ironically, racism seems to be embedded in what you are insinuating here.

I guess the question more specifically is, would you run if he did what he did but he wasn't dressed as a Muslim. Would you even perceive him to be a bomber or just some crazy dude throwing a backpack?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find the question flawed.

I have known muslims. One was from Qatar, very Arabic. Another was from equatorial Africa. I have met east Asian and Polynesian muslims. I have seen blonde haired blue eyed muslims.

Which "race" are they supposed to belong to?

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
I find the question flawed.

I have known muslims. One was from Qatar, very Arabic. Another was from equatorial Africa. I have met east Asian and Polynesian muslims. I have seen blonde haired blue eyed muslims.

Which "race" are they supposed to belong to?

I agree Muslims aren't a race, but the media classifies discrimination against Muslims as racist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess the question more specifically is, would you run if he did what he did but he wasn't dressed as a Muslim. Would you even perceive him to be a bomber or just some crazy dude throwing a backpack?

I didn't watch the video. I would run from anyone if I perceive that person to have the intention to detonate an explosive in my proximity.

Wouldn't you? It seems like a silly proposition that I would only run from a muslim.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
I didn't watch the video. I would run from anyone if I perceive that person to have the intention to detonate an explosive in my proximity.

Wouldn't you? It seems like a silly proposition that I would only run from a muslim.

The idea stems from whether you perceive the person to detonate a explosive.

"I always run when I think someone is going to rob me, it just so happens I always think black people are going to rob me."

Replace rob with bomb, and replace black with Muslim.

There ya go

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree Muslims aren't a race, but the media classifies discrimination against Muslims as racist.
On what basis?

I had to call the Washington DC CBS afflilate on that very topic. The reporter was in a small outlying suburb where a person went off in a local town council meeting on an anti-islamic rant against a land developer who wanted to build a mosque. The reporter called it a "racist rant" rather than what it actually was. Both the developer (who was muslim) and the ranter were white.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The idea stems from whether you perceive the person to detonate a explosive.

"I always run when I think someone is going to rob me, it just so happens I always think black people are going to rob me."

Replace rob with bomb, and replace black with Muslim.

There ya go

No, being a muslim is not really an aditional factor for me to be afraid of someone.

In fact, today's ISIS terrorist is not very likely to look like an obvious muslim with the robe and the long beard. They try to keep a low profile to stay under the radar and to "blend" with the local population.

Furthermore, I have more chances of being run over while crossing the streets then I have of getting hurt in a terror attack.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
No, being a muslim is not really an aditional factor for me to be afraid of someone.

In fact, today's ISIS terrorist is not very likely to look like an obvious muslim with the robe and the long beard. They try to keep a low profile to stay under the radar and to "blend" with the local population.

Furthermore, I have more chances of being run over while crossing the streets then I have of getting hurt in a terror attack.

So you wouldn't run then, because unlike the people in the video, you wouldn't perceive a danger from a Muslim throwing a backpack.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you wouldn't run then, because unlike the people in the video, you wouldn't perceive a danger from a Muslim throwing a backpack.

That's not what I said, nore is it what you asked.

You didn't ask if I would "also run" in this particular instance.
You asked if I would "also run" if it wasn't a muslim/arab.

I responded with that I would always run from a perceived bomber.
Obviously, people that meet the profile of the time of potential bombers, will more easily scare people. Derp.

If we would be at war with an asian country, and if that asian country made a sport of carrying out surprise attacks on civilians, obviously people would more easily be scared by asians.

Why would you suspect otherwise...

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
That's not what I said, nore is it what you asked.

You didn't ask if I would "also run" in this particular instance.
You asked if I would "also run" if it wasn't a muslim/arab.

I responded with that I would always run from a perceived bomber.
Obviously, people that meet the profile of the time of potential bombers, will more easily scare people. Derp.

If we would be at war with an asian country, and if that asian country made a sport of carrying out surprise attacks on civilians, obviously people would more easily be scared by asians.

Why would you suspect otherwise...

So it wasn't racist for FDR to put all Japanese people in concentration camps, because being at war with Japan, made Japanese people more likely to be dangerous, so it was not racist for America to fear the Japanese and lock them up, just common sense.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
So it wasn't racist for FDR to put all Japanese people in concentration camps, because being at war with Japan, made Japanese people more likely to be dangerous, so it was not racist for America to fear the Japanese and lock them up, just common sense.
Actually, it's one of the more sordid moments of modern American history, something we should be ashamed of every time we remember it.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

No, that's not what I said either. You seem to have serious reading comprehension issues.

What I said was that people meeting the profile of enemies at that particular time will more easily scare people when engaging in suspicious behaviour.

I did not say that it would be okay to just pre-emptively lock up every arab and/or muslim. But it seems that you are desperatly trying to defend exactly that practice.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics