Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, I'll be honest with with you you. The protests aren't enough. The whole political scene in the US needs to reset. It's like a computer that has its hard drive gradually clogged with junk. It needs to be cleaned up, because what is considered perfectly OK these days was in no way acceptable even a few years ago. We have got so used to the excesses of this one man that what would have been unthinkable in times past is now par for the course. The political frog has been on simmer for quite a while and unless you are on the outside looking in, it all feels entirely normal.

It isn't. Not by any stretch of anyone's fevered imagination.
What’s “not normal” is the manufacture of “outrage” by taking mundane, normal functioning of government (Biden as VP working the will of his POTUS+the International Community to get a corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor who wasn’t doing his job, fired; hiring of new White House counsel; fairly normal economic workings being cast as doom & gloom, etc..), and grinding it all into the grist of political angst.

The Right hasn’t been happy since their Dear Leader was deposed and they show their displeasure by assuring the rest of us that “it’s all going to heck”.
It’s all that they have left, the only tool they have is the proverbial hammer.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In normal circumstances, that would be a huge detriment to Trump.

Unfortunately, in this upcoming cycle, I'm afraid he's going to have a some wiggle room in terms of how many clumsy statements and gaffes he can make before becoming the "clunkiest" speaker on the stage.

Perhaps the DNC should install a suggestion box outside their HQ so I can shove in a fist full of 3x5 notecards that simply say "Pick someone else please"

Remember what a feces-show that 2020 debate was? ...yeah that's gonna get a lot better after we've had 4 years time in order to allow one to become more forgetful and the other to become more unhinged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟271,130.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
To be fair Mr Trump also thought we were heading toward WWII when Obama was in charge a week or two ago.
I think this was with a teleprompter last night

Trump: "I'm for us. I'm for us. You know how you spell us, right? You spell us, U.S. I just picked that up, has anyone ever thought of that bef...? I just picked that up. A couple of days I'm reading and it said us. And I said you know, if you think about it, us, equals U.S., isn't that... now if we say something genius, they'll never say it. You know we get 25, 40, 50, 80 thousand, 100 thousand people to speeches, they've never said, 'Trump is a great speaker'. Never said, I've never heard it. I said to my people, do you think they'll ever acknowledge I must be doing ok except I'm a very handsome person so I guess a lot of you want to see, they want to see..., look at me because I'm so..., like a beauty pageant. No, it's amazing."

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Trump: "I'm for us. I'm for us. You know how you spell us, right? You spell us, U.S. I just picked that up, has anyone ever thought of that bef...? I just picked that up. A couple of days I'm reading and it said us. And I said you know, if you think about it, us, equals U.S., isn't that... now if we say something genius, they'll never say it. You know we get 25, 40, 50, 80 thousand, 100 thousand people to speeches, they've never said, 'Trump is a great speaker'. Never said, I've never heard it. I said to my people, do you think they'll ever acknowledge I must be doing ok except I'm a very handsome person so I guess a lot of you want to see, they want to see..., look at me because I'm so..., like a beauty pageant. No, it's amazing."
It's a complete shambles when he goes off and ad libs. He really should just stick to the words on the teleprompter.
A 10 year old child could write a speech better and more coherent than what Trump ab libs.

I am baffled as to how this guy has a degree, he certainly doesn't speak in an educated way. He really doesn't seem to be able to think things through, certainly not sentences.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

This is exactly why this this man cannot be trusted in any level of command. He just said that him noticing ‘us’ is similar to ‘US’ makes him a genius.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a complete shambles when he goes off and ad libs. He really should just stick to the words on the teleprompter.
A 10 year old child could write a speech better and more coherent than what Trump ab libs.

I am baffled as to how this guy has a degree, he certainly doesn't speak in an educated way. He really doesn't seem to be able to think things through, certainly not sentences.
He is actually educated. If you look up his interviews from the 80s, you will notice that he speaks in complete sentences that contain complex clauses and $10 words. He has declined noticeably.

• Informative
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He is actually educated. If you look up his interviews from the 80s, you will notice that he speaks in complete sentences that contain complex clauses and $10 words. He has declined noticeably.
I think people can tend to put some blinders on with regards to the declines of their preferred candidates.

You're correct in that looking at Trump speaking from 20 years ago is very different than what you see today. Trump wasn't necessarily a "great guy" back then either, he was already engaging him some shady business practices, but he sounded halfway intelligent when he spoke.

I've noted the same thing about Biden when people were suggesting "he's just as sharp as he ever was"...when you go back and watch his 2012 VP debates, it's a very different guy that what we see today.

They're literally the 2 oldest guys in the entire history of the nation with regards to running for president (3rd place was Reagan, and he was noticeably starting to slip toward the end of his 2nd term too)

I think it's time we realize, as a nation, that there's a reason why most civilized societies peg the typical retirement age for most professions around 62-65 years old. If there was some guy who was 77 (who already had plenty of money, and a large family full of grandkids to spend time with), and he was still working full time at an accounting firm (occasionally nodding off and/or rambling while he was there), most people would say "Ummm...what are you doing? Why don't you retire dude?!? Go enjoy your golden years". Yet we don't seem to say the same to people who are in much more demanding and high stress jobs like Federal level political leaders.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've noted the same thing about Biden when people were suggesting "he's just as sharp as he ever was"...when you go back and watch his 2012 VP debates, it's a very different guy that what we see today.
I've never heard anyone on this forum say Biden is as sharp as he ever was.
Certainly he is not as bad as Fox News or Sky Australia News make out.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Person, woman, man, camera, TV.
His doctor said "How could you do that? That's amazing!"
I pretty much said the same thing when my baby ate solids from a spoon for the first time.

• Haha
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums