Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible."

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟271,130.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
At least he doesn't need a teleprompter
clearly the quote in the OP demonstrates that never in the history of mankind was there ever a person more in need of a teleprompter

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
At least he doesn't need a teleprompter
He does, though. Otherwise you get the above.

As the late 20th century poet philosopher and Emmy Award nominee David Huddleston in his seminal role of Olson Jonhnston once so aptly stated:

"Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.".

Now who can argue with that?

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He does, though. Otherwise you get the above.

As the late 20th century poet philosopher and Emmy Award nominee David Huddleston in his seminal role of Olson Jonhnston once so aptly stated:

"Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.".

Now who can argue with that?
Just because he was incoherent in this instance doesn't mean he's usually incoherent. He took hard questions from the press point blank all the time when he was in office. Biden doesn't do that with the press unless they are softball or preapproved questions because Biden lacks the ability to be lucid.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Just because he was incoherent in this instance doesn't mean he's usually incoherent. He took hard questions from the press point blank all the time when he was in office. Biden doesn't do that with the press unless they are softball or preapproved questions because Biden lacks the ability to be lucid.
Let's just face reality. Biden and Trump both shouldn't be allowed to talk publicly without a script and teleprompter.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do people think that presidents using teleprompters is new or something? It's effectively no different than having the speech written down on paper before you, and we all know presidents were doing that for just about the whole history of the country.

teleprompter.png

A Brief History of the Teleprompter

Trump was no stranger to them, either.

tele2.png

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"Need" being the operative word.
Which is why it could have been sarcastic. String a few ellipses after it and you don't even need a suitable emoticon to show it was meant sarcastically.

'At least he doesn't need a teleprompter...'

Ooh, look. Bradskii's having a little dig at the guy.

Here's a heads up from the peanut gallery. I have been listening to and taking an interest in all the presidents from JFK onwards. Some I thought weren't worthy of the position. Some didn't deserve it. But they could all string a few words together off the cuff and sound like they had an IQ a little over ambient room temperature (yeah, even Bush Jnr).

But Trump? Words fail me.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You doth protest too much
Actually, I'll be honest with with you you. The protests aren't enough. The whole political scene in the US needs to reset. It's like a computer that has its hard drive gradually clogged with junk. It needs to be cleaned up, because what is considered perfectly OK these days was in no way acceptable even a few years ago. We have got so used to the excesses of this one man that what would have been unthinkable in times past is now par for the course. The political frog has been on simmer for quite a while and unless you are on the outside looking in, it all feels entirely normal.

It isn't. Not by any stretch of anyone's fevered imagination.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually, I'll be honest with with you you. The protests aren't enough. The whole political scene in the US needs to reset. It's like a computer that has its hard drive gradually clogged with junk. It needs to be cleaned up, because what is considered perfectly OK these days was in no way acceptable even a few years ago. We have got so used to the excesses of this one man that what would have been unthinkable in times past is now par for the course. The political frog has been on simmer for quite a while and unless you are on the outside looking in, it all feels entirely normal.

It isn't. Not by any stretch of anyone's fevered imagination.
Trump was capable of answering questions. Tough ones. He wasn't always eloquent. So what? He's not Shakespeare.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump was capable of answering questions. Tough ones. He wasn't always eloquent.
My grandson can answer questions as well. And I'd put him up against the stream of conciousness word salad that is Trumps standard fare any day of the week. This is meant to be someone who was running the most powerful country the planet has ever seen. And he continually came out with abject nonsense. The examples are legion.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Trump was capable of answering questions. Tough ones. He wasn't always eloquent. So what? He's not Shakespeare.
Trump was capable of RESPONDING to a question. So like, when someone finished talking, he knew he could then start talking.

Which is too bad. With his expertise we could have learned a lot...

• Winner
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
He doesn't need a teleprompter to brag on himself.
That’s my take on things. He seems most often to turn the conversation around to himself or his grievance de jour (wind farms, sharks, whales going ‘batty’).

One tell he has is when he says someone ‘once came up to him and said “Sir……”’

Upvote 0