Are Seventh Day Adventists open to OSAS because i saw that in a thread i found on bing?

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are Seventh Day Adventists open to OSAS because i saw that in a thread i found on bing?

I'm not here to argue for or against OSAS. I plan on going to my local Seventh Day Adventist church 2 weeks from now because i'm going to a United Methodist church for my wife this week. I don't have a strong opinion at this point whether the Sabbath should be on Saturday or Sunday. I would name the person who did the post but i'm not sure i should. I would like to thank that person for that post. I very much believe respecting the the Sabbath is important for a strong US economy considering many people work 2 or 3 jobs just to survive. Once again thanks to SDA poster X for that post i found on bing!

I saw a youtube on what I found out later was Seventh Day Adventist that was very convincing considering its union between the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I'm not here to argue for or against OSAS. I plan on going to my local Seventh Day Adventist church 2 weeks from now because i'm going to a United Methodist church for my wife this week. I don't have a strong opinion at this point whether the Sabbath should be on Saturday or Sunday. I would name the person who did the post but i'm not sure i should. I would like to thank that person for that post. I very much believe respecting the the Sabbath is important for a strong US economy considering many people work 2 or 3 jobs just to survive. Once again thanks to SDA poster X for that post i found on bing!

I saw a youtube on what I found out later was Seventh Day Adventist that was very convincing considering its union between the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation.
From the viewpoint of Eastern Christianity, the Saturday Sabbath issue is the LEAST problem of SDA.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the viewpoint of Eastern Christianity, the Saturday Sabbath issue is the LEAST problem of SDA.

oh ok. if you would like you can send me a message to my private email or a private message on this site.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

We do not believe in OSAS.
oh ok. if you would like you can send me a message to my private email or a private message on this site.

Why not start a thread! There have been many. We're still here!

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just read what the Pre-Reformation Eastern churches teach, such as Timothy Ware's THE ORTHODOX CHURCH, and compare it with SDA.

FWIW, when an SDA wishes to join one of these, s/he must be received by Baptism.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just read what the Pre-Reformation Eastern churches teach, such as Timothy Ware's THE ORTHODOX CHURCH, and compare it with SDA.

FWIW, when an SDA wishes to join one of these, s/he must be received by Baptism.

ok will do

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

LOL!

It's no secret---the most glaring differences---

We don't believe in going to heaven or hell immediately after death, but we are unconscious until the resurrection. Jesus comes for the saved, first, then after the 1000 years the lost are resurrected and face judgement and their punishment is in the lake of fire according to their works and they and Satan and his angels are destroyed in that fire and then the earth is remade and we inherit this remade earth with Christ. We do not believe in an ever lasting burning hell, but in Jesus destroys all sin and sinner and all pain and tears and as long as there is a hell with sinners, there is sin and pain and tears.

Because of the above--we do not believe in saints, nor in praying to them. Nor do we believe in Mary being an intercessor for we have only Jesus as our intercessor as He is our High Priest and as such we have no Priests and none were appointed by Jesus nor the disciples--the word priest is not used to designate any Christian in the bible.

Obviously we believe in the Sabbath for no one can find a verse that states---"The Sabbath has been changed to Sunday to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus"--therefore the 4th commandment stands.

We do not believe that the bread and wine turn into the actual body and blood of Christ and we use unfermented grape juice because during Passover no leavening was allowed in the home and it does represent the pure blood of Christ and fermented wine would not be pure.

We do not believe that the 10 commandments will save us, but that we keep them because we love the Lord and they are the fruits of the Holy Spirit in our lives and that there are 10, as written, not 9 or any of them changed.

We did have a prophetess that we believe has been proven to be a true prophet of God but she was not the founder nor the leader of our church. She is not whom we follow, but whom we believe brought us messages from the Lord, esp. those involving health. Thus most of us are vegetarian, some are vegan, those that eat meat, eat only of the clean meat. We stay away from caffeine and alcohol and smoking and anything that harms our bodies for we are the temple of God and a healthy body will have a healthier mind with which to worship the Lord and we will live healthier, longer more productive lives, which are testified to with much research. She died in 1915 and we do not venerate nor pray to her either.

I think these are the most disturbing to people because they are the most different from just about every other denomination. We do believe that the prophecies in the bible are explained using the bible itself and actual history and not the interpretation of man. We believe that the entire bible is to be taken as scripture, not just the NT. And all doctrines are to come from the bible alone, and not from one verse but several and all seen through the very character of God.

Does this answer all your questions?

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL!

We don't believe in going to heaven or hell immediately after death, but we are unconscious until the resurrection. Jesus comes for the saved, first, then after the 1000 years the lost are resurrected and face judgement and their punishment is in the lake of fire according to their works and they and Satan and his angels are destroyed in that fire and then the earth is remade and we inherit this remade earth with Christ. We do not believe in an ever lasting burning hell, but in Jesus destroys all sin and sinner and all pain and tears and as long as there is a hell with sinners, there is sin and pain and tears.

Because of the above--we do not believe in saints, nor in praying to them. Nor do we believe in Mary being an intercessor for we have only Jesus as our intercessor as He is our High Priest and as such we have no Priests and none were appointed by Jesus nor the disciples--the word priest is not used to designate any Christian in the bible.

Obviously we believe in the Sabbath for no one can find a verse that states---"The Sabbath has been changed to Sunday to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus"--therefore the 4th commandment stands.

We do not believe that the bread and wine turn into the actual body and blood of Christ and we use unfermented grape juice because during Passover no leavening was allowed in the home and it does represent the pure blood of Christ and fermented wine would not be pure.

We do not believe that the 10 commandments will save us, but that we keep them because we love the Lord and they are the fruits of the Holy Spirit in our lives and that there are 10, as written, not 9 or any of them changed.

We did have a prophetess that we believe has been proven to be a true prophet of God but she was not the founder nor the leader of our church. She is not whom we follow, but whom we believe brought us messages from the Lord, esp. those involving health. Thus most of us are vegetarian, some are vegan, those that eat meat, eat only of the clean meat. We stay away from caffeine and alcohol and smoking and anything that harms our bodies for we are the temple of God and a healthy body will have a healthier mind with which to worship the Lord and we will live healthier, longer more productive lives, which are testified to with much research. She died in 1915 and we do not venerate nor pray to her either.

I think these are the most disturbing to people because they are the most different from just about every other denomination. We do believe that the prophecies in the bible are explained using the bible itself and actual history and not the interpretation of man. We believe that the entire bible is to be taken as scripture, not just the NT. And all doctrines are to come from the bible alone, and not from one verse but several and all seen through the very character of God.

yeah pretty much. I do have another question but i won't ask it today. I'll probably ask it to a specific 7th Day Adventist or in person. I really appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
LOL!

Have you ever looked up the myriad false prophecies of EGW?

And I had no questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh, how much I enjoy reading respectful discussion of beliefs. :rolleyes:

LOL! Actually, they're not too bad. I expect for other denominations to say she is a false prophet. If you're going to be in a denomination that is different, expect to get critiqued. I call the Mormon Prophet, Joseph Smith, a false prophet all the time on the Mormon threads! And I state why I think so. We've been called a non-Christian cult several times. I just explain our point of view and scriptures and answer the questions as best I can. I have a right to my believes---and so do they. One of my very best friends, who has been there for me through thick and thin for 30 years is Catholic---we don 't agree on anything, but we'd die for each other. I don't mind others not agreeing with me, courteously or not! Used to it after all these years on here. Wait till you get on a Sabbath thread---nothing brings out the ire in other faiths stronger than that.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Come on, those Sabbath threads are fun. :) (They get less fun when people start reporting each other though.)

Yah---I've been reported several times!:blush1: I've only reported one person, for he got very obnoxious--and it wasn't about the Sabbath. And a few trolls that posted inappropriate content. I won't report those that have gotten "heated" in our discussions though. But they do report me for very slight stuff. I have a very sarcastic streak in me and I get blamed for goading and flaming a lot! I do try so hard to curb it!

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0