Are different Sabbaths true?

Which is most correct?

• The Eden Sabbath began and ended at sunrise.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Israel’s Sabbath begins and ends at sundown.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Both above statements are true.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, there is a difference between what her inspiration wrote and what she personally understood. Daniel did not understand the future events that his inspiration told us. United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
Are you claiming to be in the mind of EGW now? This is where people get themselves in trouble, believing what they want to believe instead of what is clearly written. There is no need to respond back, but I do pray you will stop teaching people this unbiblical belief regarding our Saviors holy Sabbath day that anyone can enjoy in their own time zone. Take care.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Are you claiming to be in the mind of EGW now? This is where people get themselves in trouble, believing what they want to believe instead of what is clearly written. There is no need to respond back, but I do pray you will stop teaching people this unbiblical belief regarding our Saviors holy Sabbath day that anyone can enjoy in their own time zone. Take care.
Sister, my conclusion is that I find her inspiration consistent with the inspiration of the Bible in regards to what she wrote about the Sabbath. A teaching found in Genesis, one of the first books of the Bible, that Judaism has failed to understand from Joshua to the present day.

Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. (Hebrews 4:8 NLT)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, my conclusion is that I find her inspiration consistent with the inspiration of the Bible in regards to what she wrote about the Sabbath. A teaching found in Genesis, one of the first books of the Bible, that Judaism has failed to understand from Joshua to the present day.

Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. (Hebrews 4:8 NLT)​

I would suggest prayerfully looking at your conclusion because it is in conflict with scripture and the SDA church which you claim to be part of.

The gracious Creator, after the six days of Creation, rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of Creation. The fourth commandment of God’s unchangeable law requires the observance of this seventh-day Sabbath as the day of rest, worship, and ministry in harmony with the teaching and practice of Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of delightful communion with God and one another. It is a symbol of our redemption in Christ, a sign of our sanctification, a token of our allegiance, and a foretaste of our eternal future in God’s kingdom. The Sabbath is God’s perpetual sign of His eternal covenant between Him and His people. Joyful observance of this holy time from evening to evening, sunset to sunset, is a celebration of God’s creative and redemptive acts. (Gen. 2:1-3; Exod. 20:8-11; 31:13-17; Lev. 23:32; Deut. 5:12-15; Isa. 56:5, 6; 58:13, 14; Ezek. 20:12, 20; Matt. 12:1-12; Mark 1:32; Luke 4:16; Heb. 4:1-11.)

What Adventists Believe about the Sabbath - Adventist.org

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I would suggest prayerfully looking at your conclusion because it is in conflict with scripture and the SDA church which you claim to be part of.
Sister, the understanding of the days of the week from morning to morning is in conflict with human tradition since Joshua as God tells us in Hebrews 3 and 4, but not with the Bible or Ellen White.

I know that God visited our church, but the humans in our church have not understood the Sabbath and need to study more, as the angel told us.

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, the understanding of the days of the week from morning to morning is in conflict with human tradition since Joshua as God tells us in Hebrews 3 and 4, but not with the Bible or Ellen White.

I know that God visited our church, but the humans in our church have not understood the Sabbath and need to study more, as the angel told us.

I saw that it is even so: “From even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath.” Said the angel: “Take the word of God, read it, understand, and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.” I asked the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back to the first rise of the Sabbath, and followed the people of God up to this time, but did not see that the Lord was displeased, or frowned upon them. I inquired why it had been thus, that at this late day we must change the time of commencing the Sabbath. Said the angel: “Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet.” Said the angel: “If light come, and that light is set aside or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.” I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at six o'clock, when I had only seen that it commenced at “even,” and it was inferred that even was at six. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, Page 116)​

Nonsense. You might want to consider updating your tag since you are teaching away from the SDA church and the biblical scripture on God’s holy Sabbath day.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense. You might want to consider updating your tag since you are teaching away from the SDA church and the biblical scripture on God’s holy Sabbath day.
Sister, it is your common trust in the leadership of the church, which upholds tradition over truth, that prevents others from learning God's message in Hebrews 3 and 4. "Another day" refers to a different day than thought for the Sabbath: not the seventh day of the week everywhere, but the seventh day of the week in Eden.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sister, it is your common trust in the leadership of the church, which upholds tradition over truth, that prevents others from learning God's message in Hebrews 3 and 4. "Another day" refers to a different day than thought for the Sabbath: not the seventh day of the week everywhere, but the seventh day of the week in Eden.

Than why call yourself SDA if you don’t believe in the teachings of the church. Seems like another commandment is broken when doing so. Exodus 20:16

Hebrews 4 does not what you think it means and according to God, the days start in the evenings. Genesis 1:3-5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Than why call yourself SDA if you don’t believe in the teachings of the church. Seems like another commandment is broken when doing so. Hebrews 4 does not what you think it means and according to God, the days start in the evenings. Genesis 1:3-5
Sister, I look forward to a future where the church will understand the truth about the days of the week from morning to morning and what it means to keep the Sabbath from evening to evening in the Promised Land, where "another day" refers to a different day than thought for the Sabbath: not the seventh day of the week everywhere, but the seventh day of the week in Eden.

Remember that the angel said that "Ye shall understand, but not yet, not yet".

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh dear, sadly you seem to be buying into this unbiblical interpretation. There is no scripture that says the Sabbath starts only in Jerusalem. The Jews have been keeping the Sabbath correctly from the days of Jesus and it’s always been from Friday sundown to Saturday sunday just like the scripture says.

Take care and God bless- signing out of this thread.
If you want to sign out of the thread, that's fine. I'll just say
Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I do want to respond to what you said, but if you don't want to read it, that's okay. Just don't look below this beautiful animated gif

331495.gif

Like yourself, I'm not aware of a scripture that says the Sabbath only starts in jerusalem, but neither am I aware of a scripture that says the Sabbath starts at different times in different places.

The Jews in Jesus' day, whether they lived in Parthia, Jerusalem, or Rome, almost certainly thought they were all keeping a Sabbath starting at the same time. They wouldn't have known of the several hour time difference between Parthia and Rome.

Isaiah speaks of God's Holy mountain. If God has a holy mountain and a holy day, it seems reasonable to me that they would match up. And that's the wisdom that I'm looking for.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you want to sign out of the thread, that's fine. I'll just say
Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I do want to respond to what you said, but if you don't want to read it, that's okay. Just don't look below this beautiful animated gif

331495.gif

Like yourself, I'm not aware of a scripture that says the Sabbath only starts in jerusalem, but neither am I aware of a scripture that says the Sabbath starts at different times in different places.

The Jews in Jesus' day, whether they lived in Parthia, Jerusalem, or Rome, almost certainly thought they were all keeping a Sabbath starting at the same time. They wouldn't have known of the several hour time difference between Parthia and Rome.

Isaiah speaks of God's Holy mountain. If God has a holy mountain and a holy day, it seems reasonable to me that they would match up. And that's the wisdom that I'm looking for.
This thread seems to be going in circles so I am going to bow out for now. Your question is answered in post #103. God bless and take care

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one here is saying that the Sabbath isn't evening to evening.

A particular evening or evening wherever you are?

Since I like to study the law for wisdom, I'm glad this thread came up. It's very satisfying to me, this idea of a fixed Sabbath.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No one here is saying that the Sabbath isn't evening to evening.

A particular evening or evening wherever you are?

Since I like to study the law for wisdom, I'm glad this thread came up. It's very satisfying to me, this idea of a fixed Sabbath.
A fixed Sabbath means all the Jews around the world from the very beginning of the time of Jesus, all got it wrong. And Jesus got it wrong when He was traveling from town to town I don’t think so….this is not a biblical teaching but we have free will to create any doctrine we want, I would be concerned though when one leads people away from God’s Words and scripture to man-made graphs, books for sale and charts that can’t be supported in scripture. God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A fixed Sabbath means all the Jews around the world from the very beginning of the time of Jesus, all got it wrong. And Jesus got it wrong when He was traveling from town to town I don’t think so….this is not a biblical teaching but we have free will to create any doctrine we want, I would be concerned though when one leads people away from God’s Words and scripture to man-made graphs, books for sale and charts that can’t be supported in scripture. God bless.
Well, I don't think they were getting it wrong, because they were going by evening in the Holy Land, basically Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don't think they were getting it wrong, because they were going by evening in the Holy Land, basically Jerusalem.
Are you claiming Jews only live in Jerusalem? Thats an interesting statement that I don't think can be proven.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you claiming Jews only live in Jerusalem? Thats an interesting statement that I don't think can be proven.
No, I'm not claiming that. I'm saying that whether Jesus and his apostles were in Jerusalem or Galilee, sunset would have been approximately the same time. There's not enough distance between those places to make a significant difference in time of sunset.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm not claiming that. I'm saying that whether Jesus and his apostles were in Jerusalem or Galilee, sunset would have been approximately the same time. There's not enough distance between those places to make a significant difference in time of sunset.
Jesus traveled all over and you are missing the point. If the Sabbath was only in the time zone of Jerusalem, the Jews who have never been extinct and still alive today and have been since the time of Christ would have taught their children and children children etc. The Jews keep the Sabbath from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown who live all over the world in their time zone, just like Jesus did in scripture.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus traveled all over and you are missing the point. If the Sabbath was only in the time zone of Jerusalem, the Jews who have never been extinct and still alive today and have been since the time of Christ would have taught their children and children children etc. The Jews keep the Sabbath from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown who live all over the world in their time zone, just like Jesus did in scripture.
Jesus traveled all over that region, but that region is not large enough to cause a significant time difference in sunset.

You've probably already read in this thread we weren't interested in haggling over differences of a few minutes.

The insights of rabbinical Judaism in places away from the Holy Land are interesting, but I don't think they're usually on target. For one thing, Israelites were supposed to go to Jerusalem three times a year. Living a very far distance from Jerusalem wouldn't be practical for people following the law carefully.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus traveled all over that region, but that region is not large enough to cause a significant time difference in sunset.

You've probably already read in this thread we weren't interested in haggling over differences of a few minutes.

The insights of rabbinical Judaism in places away from the Holy Land are interesting, but I don't think they're usually on target. For one thing, Israelites were supposed to go to Jerusalem three times a year. Living a very far distance from Jerusalem wouldn't be practical for people following the law carefully.
Your post doesn't address why Jews who have been keeping Sabbath since the time of Jesus who now live all over the world do not keep the Sabbath only in the time zone of Jerusalem but on their own time zone.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟540,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Your post doesn't address why Jews who have been keeping Sabbath since the time of Jesus who now live all over the world do not keep the Sabbath only in the time zone of Jerusalem but on their own time zone.
Sister, that is addressed by inspiration in Hebrews 3 and 4 over the single meaning of the word "rest" that you say means more than what the message of Hebrews 3 and 4 says it means: God's "rest" on the seventh day of creation. "Another day" refers to a different day than thought for the Sabbath: not the seventh day of the week everywhere, but the seventh day of the week in Eden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I thought that was in the last paragraph of my post. Basically, the Jews in the diaspora could be wrong.

That shouldn't be surprising. There's a lot of smart Jewish people, and they spend a lot of time pouring over the law.

But like everyone else, they also get comfortable living where they are. And they use their very smart brains to look for work-arounds and hacks to keep from having to actually change their lives.

Mount Zion, basically Jerusalem, is God's holy mountain. Why any Jewish person would want to live somewhere else is beyond me.

Like it says in the Psalms,
"If I forget you, Jerusalem,
may my right hand forget its skill.

May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth
if I do not remember you,
if I do not consider Jerusalem
my highest joy."

Upvote 0