Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was browsing Match for a Christian lady and saw this kind of cute gal with pretty eyes and smile. I got a look at her other photos and she has sleeve tats all over....all are Christian themed and I'm sorry, Christian-themed ink or not...do you find this to be a turn off. Apparently she's even a pastor at a local back water church. Not sure why the need to do this to their bodies.

Christian tats or not, to me less is more. I mean, whatever happened to women who got the more cute, little tats on their ankles, wrists, shoulders. It's great that you follow the Lord, but I just find it off putting if there's big ones all over.

It's kind of ironic though, because in the old days...tattoos, no matter what, were seen in a negative light. If a woman had one, she was considered a "loose woman". But I was wondering if those who make a Christian themed tattoo tend to qualify their reason for even having one? Are they trying to overcompensate for something?

But even in secular channels, there seems to be a trend of ink addiction no matter what their belief. I see it at swimming areas all the time from armpit to down to the legs. Some look like they've gotten out of prison/jail.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Being heavily tattooed is definitely a big turn-off for me. I don't think it's any sort of indication of their character as I know some very nice people who happen to have multiple tattoos.

I'm OK with small tattoos, although my preference would be for none at all. But it's not my place to ever dictate to someone whether or not they should get a tattoo - they've got every right to do it, but I've also got a right to not find it attractive.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was browsing Match for a Christian lady and saw this kind of cute gal with pretty eyes and smile. I got a look at her other photos and she has sleeve tats all over....all are Christian themed and I'm sorry, Christian-themed ink or not...do you find this to be a turn off. Apparently she's even a pastor at a local back water church. Not sure why the need to do this to their bodies.

Christian tats or not, to me less is more. I mean, whatever happened to women who got the more cute, little tats on their ankles, wrists, shoulders. It's great that you follow the Lord, but I just find it off putting if there's big ones all over.

It's kind of ironic though, because in the old days...tattoos, no matter what, were seen in a negative light. If a woman had one, she was considered a "loose woman". But I was wondering if those who make a Christian themed tattoo tend to qualify their reason for even having one? Are they trying to overcompensate for something?

But even in secular channels, there seems to be a trend of ink addiction no matter what their belief. I see it at swimming areas all the time from armpit to down to the legs. Some look like they've gotten out of prison/jail.
It's a turn off for me especially if they are Christian themed to be honest.

Also I don't believe women should be church leaders so this disobedience to The Bible is an even bigger turn off for me. Ultimately if I was interested in this lady I would be open about disagreeing with her tattoos and postion as a Pastor. I would do this politely.

I feel as Christians we should rebuke each other with kindness in mind. I would not disregard someone just because of a tattoo though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a turn off for me especially if they are Christian themed to be honest.

Also I don't believe women should be church leaders so this disobedience to The Bible is an even bigger turn off for me. Ultimately if I was interested in this lady I would be open about disagreeing with her tattoos and postion as a Pastor. I would do this politiely.

I feel as Christians we should rebuke each other with kindness in mind. I would not disregard someone just because of a tattoo though.

The bolded, that's debate-able as this has been going on for a while. Of course, who would want to tug on that thread as a topic.

So here's an article

Women Pastors: What Does the Bible Teach?

Careful what you say, because you may come off as sexist to the ladies in here.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bolded, that's debate-able as this has been going on for a while. Of course, who would want to tug on that thread as a topic.

So here's an article

Women Pastors: What Does the Bible Teach?

Careful what you say, because you may come off as sexist to the ladies in here.
I don't care what any ladies think to be 100% honest with you. Also for me it's not debateable and I stated my belief. It might not sound like it but I'm saying this respectfully.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't care what any ladies think to be 100% honest with you. Also for me it's not debateable and I stated my belief. It might not sound like it but I'm saying this respectfully.

Do you also believe women should stay home, cook and clean and/or not work?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Single"

I mean, I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, but you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, it probably explains why he's still single and will probably will remain so...indefinitely. Time for us to lead him in the right direction.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stone age beliefs there my friend. This is the 21st century. Women deserve as much rights and freedom as men.
Just so you know I don't swan around telling women what to do. My mother works atm and so does my twin sister. My mother became a Christian not long after me. I am currently about to do a course which will get me a new job as a construction labourer so I can take care of her financially. I had to postpone the course because of a dentist appointment to treat an abscess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it probably explains why he's still single and will probably will remain so...indefinitely. Time for us to lead him in the right direction.
I'm not looking for a wife I'm looking for a job at the moment. I would not disobey the Bible because of what anyone thinks, man or woman.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not looking for a wife I'm looking for a job at the moment. I would not disobey the Bible because of what anyone thinks, man or woman.

Disobeying and interpreting incorrectly are two different things my friend.

Plus, in Biblical times women were treated very differently.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Disobeying and interpreting incorrectly are two different things my friend.

Plus, in Biblical times women were treated very differently.
Please don't take this the wrong way but don't Catholics only allow men to be priests? Sorry if I used the wrong title. Surely you agree with me? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Please don't take this the wrong way but don't Catholics only allow men to be priests? Sorry if I used the wrong title. Surely you agree with me? :scratch:

Yes they do. Just like all the Apostles were men. I assume you understand that? :scratch:

Upvote 0