• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Appealing To His Base?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by mark46, Jan 11, 2018.

1. HereIStand

HereIStand Regular Member Supporter

+3,002
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Yeah, guess I'm too blind to be convinced by the Washington Post and grandstanding Democrats.

2. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,845
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat

Please quote all Democrats that have called African countries s*******s.

Yes, Democrats want the Central American temporary immigrants to be made permanent. That is another matter. This should NOT have been included in this deal. Trump said that he didn't want adding Haitians included in the DACA deal. It is the African countries that he called s*******s. Also, in the past, he has said that Nigerians shouldn't be admitted because they would never want to return to their huts.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. mark46

+2,845
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    In the last couple of weeks, Clinton refused to campaign in WI and MI. Instead she took trip to Arizona. Campaigning in these states would have helped in these states, as well as in PA. The issue in PA was NOT that she didn't campaign. She simply campaigned in the wrong areas. She might have finished the campaign with middle class working folk in Pittsburgh or Allentown, with country music. Instead, she chose a victory rally led by Beyonce in Philadelphia. The saddest part was that the African American turnout in Philly was relatively low.

4. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,188
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    From some of the answers I have seen they do think he should be running a soup kitchen and expanding Welfare, Food Stamps and Medicaid at breakneck speed.

5. mark46

+2,845
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Of course not. The Republican proposal was to cut $1TRILLION of Medicaid. In addition, they want to cut SS levels.

The people will decide in November.

6. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,188
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    She got 3 million more votes than Trump didn't she?

7. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,188
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You're talking about a different side of the political fence than I am.

8. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,188
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Libya if I'm not mistaken.

9. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+15,564
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Indeed, she did. Imagine what it would have been if Democratic voters actually liked her.

10. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+15,564
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    What was the term Obama used?

11. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,188
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Probably about the same, liking a candidate means nothing to some people.

12. Colter

Colter Member

+1,372
    Other Religion
    Married
    I don't know what (D)'s say in private. But I remember when Joe Biden contrasted Obama with an implied, typical black person: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook."

13. Colter

Colter Member

+1,372
    Other Religion
    Married
    image.jpeg

14. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,579
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Citation?

15. Colter

Colter Member

+1,372
    Other Religion
    Married
    Appealing to her base......

16. mark46

+2,845
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I don't think that this bar is low when we are considering potential immigrants.

17. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,404
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    No. That never occurred to me and even after he said that I'm still not offended. Someone may have mentioned to him they were offended by the term, but I've never even seen a discussion about it in all these weeks it's been discussed. I think it's a major over reach.

18. camille70

+2,404
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    There were reports at the time of Trump's lawyers being in recount places intimidating people. If I recall correctly it was MI, but don't quote me.

19. camille70

+2,404
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. I don't know why his base throws all biblical wisdom out the window when it comes to Trump.

20. camille70

+2,404
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    This reminds me of a thread I saw on twitter earlier. Click the first tweet and follow down.

Jonathan M. Katz on Twitter