✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
bobbichan said:
*sigh* I posted a huge reply explaining stuff and now I lost it all. I gotta go to work too.

I always try to write my posts on Word documents first, that way it will never be lost. Believe me, I feel your pain.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just The Facts said:
Hi

I do the same thing Acts .I can not remember how many times I have lost and hour or two of work when the browser did something funny. So I write in Word then even if the power goes out I still get the recovered doc.

I once lost a post that took almost 5 hours to write. Never again.:mad:

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
The parables speak of the historical process not just the culmination. The church is ordained to travel through this process, the futurist, generally, sees very limited positive cultural influence for the church. Thus since victory is not to be found in this dispensation, but only during the bodily riegn of Christ, the DF systematicly removes not only 'rights and responsibilities' from the church even the possiblity of cultural significance.

The parables speak of a vibrant victorious church, reigning with Christ in the presence of her enemies. They do not speak to the historical chruich removed from her enemies.

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
bobbichan said:
*sigh* I posted a huge reply explaining stuff and now I lost it all. I gotta go to work too.

I want to reinterate that the Protestant church as it was after the reformation until about 100 years ago or less was not the False Prophet. It was only when they started denying the very reason why the reformation occured and started accepting several roman teachings did they become the False Prophet. It bewilders me that people can forget their past so easily, when we have history to tell us differently

.......(selectively snipped).........

And this is what is being taught and put into the minds of Christians in America and the western world!

It's all about how "I" came to know Jesus. How many people "I" brought to the Lord. What "I've" done.

Jesus chose us, just as he chose His diciples.

Am I the ONLY PERSON who sees something wrong with this picture?!
nope, not the only one!

Just think what we christians could do if we took our mind off of "I" and put it on others, and didn't equate money with spiritual sucess. Whoa!

What do you think it will take to get that to happen? Personally, I think a good bit of persecution in the States would do more for christianity than we could ever imagine.

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
vinsight4u said:
Matthew 13 is speaking of another harvest that will come long after the time of the rapture.

Jesus is the Firstfruits of this coming harvest..then He will pick up the church and all of the just.

In Rev. 14, we find that there will be a later harvest and makes the 144,000 as the firstfruits.
They remain on mount Zion and restart Isael..for the 1000 years of Jesus as King in Jerusalem and of all nations.

Jesus is the first fruit of ALL christians throughout the ages. He was the first of us to be ressurected. Period. That is what is meant by first fruits.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Imblessed said:
Jesus is the first fruit of ALL christians throughout the ages. He was the first of us to be ressurected. Period. That is what is meant by first fruits.

Yes, but He is the firstfruits of the coming harvest....the future bodily resurrection of believers. THAT is what is meant.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dispy said:
Dispy responds:
As a "futurist" (your term) I do not see history ending on a negative note. I see the end ending up in God's/Christ's victory over satan and his angels. Members of the Body of Christ will spend eternity in heaven (1Thess.4:17; Philip.5:20; 2Cor5:1), and Jesus will have established His Kingdom upon restored earth (Dan.2:44). How can this be looked upon as negative?

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

So true!

And I would include that we have victory today as well. We are saved by grace, held by God, indwelled by the Spirit...and we can see God working in the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Imblessed

Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

freeinchrist
Yes, but He is the firstfruits of the coming harvest....the future bodily resurrection of believers. THAT is what is meant.
I agree with that.

In Rev. 14, we find that there will be a later harvest and makes the 144,000 as the firstfruits.
They remain on mount Zion and restart Isael..for the 1000 years of Jesus as King in Jerusalem and of all nations.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the underlined part in the above quote. It's sounds like he's saying that Jesus is the first fruit of the 144,000.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brain Damage said:
No , he said it here and i would like for him to explain to me this view he has .

Yeah, I'll second the motion. This should be a good one!

How 'bout ya bitwise, come on?

Upvote 0
B

bitwise

rollinTHUNDER said:
Yeah, I'll second the motion. This should be a good one! How 'bout ya bitwise, come on?

Well, Bobbichan has already done an excellent job explaining some things, but let me add to what she has said. For starters, let me restate the question, which was,

Brain Damage said:
i am interested in your view of the false prophet , image of the beast , mark of the beast and the two witnesses as already being here.

Keep in mind that Bible prophecy is pre-written history and that Bible prophecy is not meant to be a Christian Ouija board that we us to predict the future, but rather to recognize the past.

For starters, it is impossible to recognize the identification of the False Prophet without a proper Biblical understanding regarding the identification of Antichrist. Why is this, because the "second beast" (Rev 13:11) arises out of the "first beast" (Rev 13:1), and the "second beast" causes the people to worship the "first beast". As a result, if you interpret the "first beast" to be the United Nations, or something ridiculous like that, then you’ll never understand the "second beast". Nevertheless, let me simply deal in plain facts of history in light of Scripture.

In the book of Daniel chapter 7 we read of four great beasts kingdoms that were to arise upon the earth.
  1. Babylonian Empire
  2. Medo-Persian Empire
  3. Grecian Empire
  4. Roman Empire
It further states that out of the 10 horns of the Roman Empire would arise a "little horn" that did various things (Dan 7:20, 21, 25). The Holy Roman Empire is what arose out of the Roman Empire after it was "taken out of the way" at its fall.

Question 1: False Prophet?
Throughout the middle ages the Holy Roman Empire, headed by the Pope, ruled the world. It wasn't until the early 16th century when Martin Luther began what is commonly referred to as the "Protestant Reformation" that the Word of God, like a Sword, went forth unto the people and delivered a deadly wound to Papal Rome. Although this second beast had the appearance of a lamb, it quickly began to speak like a dragon.

There is no doubt that the Reformation was an important event in history. Not only did it deliver the Holy Bible to the people, it also sought to free the people from many corruptions. The Reformation broke the bands of the Papacy and delivered it a deadly wound, which would eventually bring about its (i.e. the Papacy's) near death during the French Revolution.

In the book of Revelation chapter 13 we read that the first beast was delivered a deadly wound. As it is written, "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed..." - Rev 13:3. Furthermore in the same chapter we read the means by which this first beast was given this wound, "...the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live." - Rev 13:14. In the prophetic language of the Bible the "sword" is always illustrative of the Word of God. This is stated numerous times in Scripture, and plainly proclaimed in Ephesians 6:17 where it says, "...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" - Eph 6:17. We see that the Reformers delivered this wound to the Holy Roman Empire by the sword, which is the Word of God, by translating it into the native languages of the people, and preaching against its many errors. Remember that during the reign of the Papal Rome the Bible was only in Latin, and only available to the priests, and only to be interpreted by the Pope and his bishops. Thus, we see the beginning of the rise of the second beast (i.e. apostate Protestantism). Although this beast was founded upon some initial Truth, this Truth was ultimately only there to play a greater part in its deception. When something appears to be true, it is much easier to be deceived by it (i.e. looks like a lamb, speaks like a dragon).

Question 2: Image of the Beast?
The Scriptures say that the second beast, "spake as a dragon" - Rev 13:11, and that it, "exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him" - Rev 13:12, and that it would, "make an image to the beast" - Rev 13:14. All of these things are undoubtedly realized in Protestantism, both early and modern day Protestantism. Modern day Protestantism speaks like a dragon, and by doing so it makes an image to the beast. It is the dragon that gave the first beast its power (Rev 13:2); therefore, to speak like a dragon, is to speak akin to the first beast, which was established by the dragon (i.e. Satan). Two entities that speak in accordance with each other would be an image of each other. To speak the same things, and to do the same things, would be to impersonate or copy the other, which simply means to be an image. The second beast, Protestantism, is nothing more than a replica of the first beast, Papal Rome, which makes Protestantism an image of the beast.

Question 3: The Mark of the Beast?
“16 And he [the false prophet] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:” – Rev 13:16. The false prophet, causes all to take a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads. This mark is the denial of the Lord that bought them by trusting in their own righteousness and works for salvation. This is not a new mark that the false prophet constructs. It is the spirit of Antichrist, which dwells within them, and was before them. The same denial of Christ we see in the first beast is also seen in Protestantism, which is a man centered salvation message based upon works. Through all subtlety this false prophet has brought into the foreheads, or minds of the people, the same damnable heresies (2Pet 2:1) seen in the first beast, and has caused their right hand, or actions, to be an offence. Jesus said, “And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off…” – Mat 5:30. If your actions are causing you to sin, then cease from doing them, and remove that sin from your life. Jesus also said, “If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” – Lk 9:23. To deny yourself means not only to deny your sinful inclinations and lusts, but to deny your own works and your own righteousness. A man may deny his sinful lusts and ungodliness, but fail to pronounce himself an unprofitable servant (Lk 17:10). He may think that the religious duties he does are acceptable unto God and worthy of salvation, but if he does not see his need for Christ, then all his righteousness was but filthy rags before Him (Isa 64:6). Those with the mark of the beast have denied Christ by not wholly denying themselves, and their own works of righteousness. Their minds and their actions are contrary to the mind of Christ, and the way of Holiness. Whereas, the followers of Christ have His name in their foreheads, “And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.” – Rev 22:4, and Christ has set their feet upon the straight and narrow path, the false church has the mark of the beast in their foreheads, and Satan has set their feet upon the wide and broad path. The true Christians have been sealed by the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13), and have received the mind of Christ (1Co 2:15). They trust in His righteousness, and His sacrifice, and nothing of their own. Furthermore,

“And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” – Rev 13:17. The mark of the beast allows a man to buy and sell the false doctrine propagated by the beast and the false prophet, and fit harmoniously into the world's religion. If you belong to a specific denomination, you must buy (accept) their doctrine, and you must sell (speak) the same doctrines. In the denominational hierarchy, the same buying and selling applies also to pastors. They buy (are indoctrinated) with the doctrine of men by investing their time at seminary to obtain it, and they sell the false doctrine by proclaiming it at the pulpits through preaching. Seeing that they have the mark of the beast they are able to buy and sell; however, anyone without the mark of the beast, who has the real Truth, cannot and will not buy (accept) these false doctrines, and cannot sell (speak against) these false doctrines without being silenced, labeled a heretic, a fanatic, or a hater of the Gospel. Those without some standing in the world can not buy or sell within the world.

The Word of God says, “Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” – Pro 23:23. To buy the Truth, means to search it out with all your heart, strive for it, pray about it, read the Word, apply it to your life, and set a high value upon it. All your life is devoted to obtaining the Truth and you will defend it at all cost, and never let go of it, which is meant by, sell it not, or never get rid of it, as to sell it off, or neglect it. Do this also with wisdom, instruction, and understanding. Those who have the mark of the beast buy a lie, and sell it continually. This is a complete reversal of what the true worshipper has done. The true worshipper buys the Truth, and sells it not; whereas, those with the mark of the beast, buy a lie (i.e. they don’t buy the Truth), and they sell the lie repeatedly.

“...his number is Six hundred threescore and six. [666]” – Rev 13:18. Seeing that the many have the mark of the beast they manifest the spirit of antichrist within them by bearing the fruit of man, and the works of the flesh. The number of lawless man is 666, which represents a three-fold denial of God. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools; having apathy towards Jesus Christ and His Words, they actually embrace the doctrine of men, and the religion of antichrist. It is written about the church of Laodicean, “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked” – Rev 3:17. The churches are complacent, and are spiritually lukewarm. They believe to have all things both on earth and above; however, this is Satan’s greatest deception, and in the end they find themselves destroyed. They, those with the mark of the beast, are in bondage to the kingdoms of Satan, which do appear unto men as being righteous, but are within full of dead men's bones. They will not come onto Christ that they may have life, but continually exalt themselves and find death. By denying the work of Christ on the cross, and by exalting their own good works, and by trusting in their own outward form of godliness, they have fallen from grace, and Christ profited them nothing. For they choose to receive men who came in their own name, rather than Christ who came in His Father’s name. This rebellion was the mark of the beast, and a three-fold denial of Christ. By denying the work of God in the salvation of men, they deny the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, which is a three-fold denial: 666, the mark of the beast. Also, simply because the word “mark” is used doesn’t mean that it’s literal. We have many English phrases that use this word to imply other things. For example, “The mark of a true leader is…”, or “Do this and leave a mark for yourself!” Both of these statements are using the word “mark” to represent actions that identify someone. This is how we should look at the “mark of the beast”. Where we see this sort of behavior (i.e. rebellion), we can know that the beast is behind it. As a result, we see that the word “mark” is much more figurative than it is literal.

Question 4: The Two Witnesses?
Now I know that futurist interpret the Bible literally (when they want to), so like all things in Revelation, unless two people don’t literally show up on the scene blowing fire from their mouth how ever should we identify the two witnesses? This reminds me of the prophecies concerning the return of Elijah. Jesus said that those prophecies were fulfilled in the coming of John the Baptist (Mat 17:11-13), but many will say that John the Baptist wasn’t Elijah? Go figure. The Bible is a spiritual book filled with parables and metaphors.

The subject of the two witnesses is an entirely new study; however, let me say a few words. The fire out of the mouth of the two witnesses is the Truth of the Word of God that goes forth from their mouth and spiritually consumes their enemies. The two witnesses are the Spirit and the Bride, they are the Old and New Testament, they are His anointed prophets, and His saints. They are those who testify against Antichrist and the False Prophet and do not worship the beast or his image. Their dead bodies lie in the street as their testimony is silenced and the wicked children of Israel rejoice that they speak no more. They are the candlesticks, the light bears. Christ is that light, and they witness for Him.

This has been very brief, and fragmented, but I hope it makes some sense.
-bitwise

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Justme said:
Hi Bitwise,

I'd say that was explaining what you were talking about or putting your scripture where your mouth is or something.....

Justme

Or something......

I thought he started off pretty good describing the two legs of iron. Imperial Rome was the first leg, followed shortly after by the Holy Roman Empire. This was a divided kingdom, just like the two feet made of iron and clay will be, which he failed to mention at all. It's important to understand that the Roman Empire began reviving in the same year that the nation of Israel started its revival 1948, under the Treaty of Brussels. And just as Rome was reigning during Christ' first coming, it will be reigning again when He returns in His second coming, but the next time the table will be turned. How fitting, since Jesus said that vengeance belongs to Him, especially since the Romans were the ones to brutally beat Him and nailed Him to the cross.

I had to laugh though, when he said the second beast was the protestant reformation. It really went down hill quick from there, to the point where I couldn't agree with any of if. Nice try :sleep:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hitch said:
Futurism expects history to end on a negative note. We are all familiar with the 'rapturedjustintime' schemes and the comming antichrist , et al.

How does this compare with the fantasticly positive outlook found in the parables of M 13?

The "fantastically positive outlook" you speak of is the result of your interpretation of the parables in question. Other interpretations of these parables do not see them as "fantastically positive."

If the birds of the air speak of good, then the mustard seed parable speaks of the kingdom of heaven being filled with good. But if the birds of the air speak of evil, then this parable speaks of evil lodging in the kingdom of heaven.

If leaven is a symbol of good, then the leaven parable speaks of good filling the kingdom of heaven. But if leaven speaks of evil, then this parable speaks of the kingdom becoming filled with evil.

The parable of the tares, however, is not open to such interpretation. We are specifically told that the tares represent the children of the wicked one. They are offensive things that will be purged out of the kingdom at the last day.

As to your "positive" outlook, please notice 1 Tim 4:1-3.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron: Forbidding to marry and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to bereceived with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

Again 2 Timothy 3:1-5 says,
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers,disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God: Having a form of Godliness, buit denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

verse 13 of this chapter specifically says that "evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived."

This is not a matter of interpretation. It is the SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITELY prophesied end of the current age.

Upvote 0

Dee Dee Warren

Feb 11, 2003
TWeb usually
Visit site
✟246.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Biblewriter said:
The "fantastically positive outlook" you speak of is the result of your interpretation of the parables in question. Other interpretations of these parables do not see them as "fantastically positive."

And they are wrong.

If leaven is a symbol of good, then the leaven parable speaks of good filling the kingdom of heaven. But if leaven speaks of evil, then this parable speaks of the kingdom becoming filled with evil.

The Kingdom by its nature cannot be filled with evil, those who are evil are not of the Kingdom. The parable says that the KINGDOM IS LIKE LEAVEN.... your interpretation leads to the meaning of the Kingdom of Heaven is like evil.

The parable of the tares, however, is not open to such interpretation. We are specifically told that the tares represent the children of the wicked one. They are offensive things that will be purged out of the kingdom at the last day.

It mentions nowhere "the last day" - you just added that. Furthermore, John the Baptist claimed this was happening BACK THEN.

As to your "positive" outlook, please notice 1 Tim 4:1-3.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron: Forbidding to marry and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to bereceived with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

How does that make for a negative outlook? It doesn't. It says "some" shall depart. No one is proposing one hundred percent perfection. While "some" shall depart, "many" will not. Furthermore, that passage is not primarily referring to our future to begin with.

This is not a matter of interpretation. It is the SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITELY prophesied end of the current age.

The "end of the age" was SPECIFICALLY AND EXPLICITLY prophesied to be a first century event. I am amenable to this being from the first century through now, but there is ZERO Biblical warrant for placing it exclusively in our future. Nearly every "negative" passage you can drum up is a past event.

Furthermore Daniel 2 prophesies that the Kingdom shall slowly grow until it fills the whole earth, which growth began in the first century.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.