London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why would you think Adam and Eve weren't before they sinned. God is going to restore everything back before the fall when sin separated man from God. We will be reconciled with God our robes will be clean Rev 22:14

because they were naked ...

Jesus ( who spoke his/our Fathers words (John 12:49) put it this way "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin".

of interest is the word excuse ( outward showing ) can also be translated cloke as in a covering

being naked and not ashamed does not mean you are not without sin ... it means you have no knowledge of it

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
because they were naked ...

Jesus ( who spoke his/our Fathers words (John 12:49) put it this way "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin".

of interest is the word excuse ( outward showing ) can also be translated cloke as in a covering

being naked and not ashamed does not mean you are not without sin ... it means you have no knowledge of it
Naked means they were without clothes-they didn't know they were naked before the fall because they had His righteousness (no sin) you did not quote scripture that says naked means no knowledge of sin. Adam and Eve knew they sinned when they ate the apple- for where there is no law there is no transgression (sin). Romans 4:15 Eve may have been deceived by Satan, like he has deceived the whole world, but Adam knew what he was doing when he ate the forbidden fruit. Either way, both sinned and leads to the same path whether we are deceived or know we are sinning, but though Jesus we can overcome our sins and be reconciled with Him and He gives us His robe of righteousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Naked means they were without clothes-they didn't know they were naked before the fall because they had His righteousness (no sin) you did not quote scripture that says naked means no knowledge of sin. Adam and Eve knew they sinned when they ate the apple- for where there is no law there is no transgression (sin). Romans 4:15 Eve may have been deceived by Satan, like he with the whole world, but Adam knew what he was doing when he ate the forbidden fruit. Either way, both is sin and leads to the same path, but though Jesus we can overcome our sins and be reconciled with Him.

i did ... had i not come and spoke to them ( "thou shall not eat of it" )

according to your theology of the law ( law of Life ) being then something separate from God ! only came into existence when He spoke it to the man ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
i did ... had i not come and spoke to them ( "thou shall not eat of it" )
Does not say your claim=- nakedness means you have no knowledge of sin. Nakedness means without clothes and I already provided what clothes means in scripture.
according to your theology of the law ( law of Life ) being then something separate from God ! only came into existence when He spoke it to the man ...
Sin separated man from God. It is what separated Lucifer from God because He sinned from the beginning 1 John 3:8 Sin is the transgression of God's law 1 John 3:4 and the law that Paul points to is the Ten Commandments, that God personally wrote and personally spoke. Where there is no law, there is no transgression Rom 4:15 so God's law always existed, before He spoke and wrote it at Mt Sinai. Cain murdered Abel and God said that was sin, which means he had the law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does not say your claim=- nakedness means you have no knowledge of sin.

Sin separated man from God. It is what separated Lucifer from God because He sinned from the beginning 1 John 3:8 Sin is the transgression of God's law 1 John 3:4 and the law that Paul points to is the Ten Commandments, that God personally wrote and personally spoke. Where there is no law, there is no transgression 4:15 so God's law always existed, before He spoke and wrote it at Mt Sinai. Cain murdered Abel and God said that was sin, which means he had the law.

now you have taken away from what i said ... to be naked and not ashamed is to have no knowledge of ones sin and therefor not guilty of it, and this not knowing the excuse ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
now you have taken away from what i said ..

I'm not trying to misrepresent you....this is what you said and posted this scripture as evidence, I am simply pointing out the scripture you provided does not say that.

Does not say:

Do you have a text that says this?
to be naked and not ashamed is to have no knowledge of ones sin and therefor not guilty of it, and this not knowing the excuse ...
If they were not guilty of not obeying God in the Garden, they would not have been kicked out of Eden with an Angel guarding the door. The moral of the story is we need to obey God the way He asks. God gave us a second chance by sending Jesus to become our Sacrificial Lamb for the forgiveness of sins (breaking God's law) so instead of sacrificing animals when we sin we can go directly to Jesus for repentance 1 John 1:9, which means a change in heart, but Jesus came to save us from our sins Mat 1:21, not in them and only those who overcome through Jesus will be reconciled. Rev 14:12, Rev 22:14-15

Adam and Eve clearly had the command not to eat the tree of knowledge- Eve was deceived Adam wasn't, both sinned because they listened to the "other spirit" instead of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not trying to misrepresent you....this is what you said and posted this scripture as evidence, I am simply pointing out the scripture you provided does not say that.

Does not say:

Do you have a text that says this?

If they were not guilty of not obeying God in the Garden, they would not have been kicked out of Eden with an Angel guarding the door. The moral of the story is we need to obey God the way He asks. God gave us a second chance by sending Jesus to become our Sacrificial Lamb for the forgiveness of sins (breaking God's law) so instead of sacrificing animals when we sin we can go directly to Jesus for repentance 1 John 1:9, which means a change in heart, but Jesus came to save us from our sins, not in them and only those who overcome through Jesus will be reconciled. Rev 14:12, Rev 22:14-15
had they kept the commandment and not eaten from the tree then their nakedness would not have been revealed to them or same truth had not God come and spoke to them then their nakedness would not have been revealed to them or had not God taken the women out from the man (helpmeet) then his nakedness would have not been revealed to him ...

have you considered that it the purpose of God that their/our nakedness be revealed to them/us, seeing when a law is spoken the opposite to it is also ... as in a double edged flaming sword held by two cherubim ... and these same two cherubim which bear witness over the mercy seat ?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
had they kept the commandment and not eaten from the tree then their nakedness would not have been revealed to them
As they would have still had Christ's righteousness
or same truth had not God come and spoke to them then their nakedness would not have been revealed to them or had not God taken the women out from the man (helpmeet) then his nakedness would have not been revealed to him ...
You seem to be dancing around your previous statement that nakedness means without knowledge of sin but have yet to provide a scripture to that says this. Nakedness means without clothing- clothing/garments represents our rightlessness/unrighteousness as previously provided scriptures.
have you considered that it the purpose of God that their/our nakedness be revealed to them/us, seeing when a law is spoken the opposite to it is also ... as in a double edged flaming sword held by two cherubim ... and these same two cherubim which bear witness over the mercy seat ?
Sorry I have no idea what point you're trying to make.... perhaps you can clarify.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As they would have still had Christ's righteousness

You seem to be dancing around your previous nakedness means without knowledge of sin but have yet to provide a scripture to that says this. Nakedness means without clothing- clothing/garments represents our rightlessness/unrighteousness as previously provided scriptures.

Sorry I have no idea what point you're trying to make.... perhaps you can clarify.
your adding again ... scrip does not say they had the righteousness of Christ

John 15:22 states it clearly ... just because you are not seeing it does not mean it does not ...

there are two types of nakedness which the scrip speak to ... non the less they were both naked up until they sewed aprons of fig leaves to cover their nakedness with ...

the consideration is this ... do you not think that God knew they would eat before they ate seeing I declare the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.’

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
your adding again ... scrip does not say they had the righteousness of Christ
I already showed you where the saints are clothed with His righteousness though scripture. Adam and Eve were saints before the fall. Are you claiming Adam and Eve did not have His righteousness after He just created them without sin made in His image?
John 15:22 states it clearly ... just because you are not seeing it does not mean it does not ...
John 15:22
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Are you claiming God did not speak to Adam and Eve and did not command them not to eat from the tree of knowledge? You are quoting this verse out of context as it doesn't even apply to them . It also says nothing about nakedness being without knowledge of sin- you accuse me of doing what you're doing, but you can't find one scripture that says nakedness means no knowledge of sin, but I quote multiple scriptures showing where clothes represent righteousness. Perhaps something to think and pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already showed you where the saints are clothed with His righteousness though scripture. Adam and Eve were saints before the fall. Are you claiming Adam and Eve did not have His righteousness after He just created them without sin?

John 15:22
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Are you claiming the God did not speak to Adam and Eve and did not command them not to eat from the tree of knowledge? You are quoting this verse out of context as it doesn't even apply to them . It also says nothing about nakedness being without knowledge of sin- you accuse me of doing what you're doing, but you can't find one scripture that says nakedness means no knowledge of sin, but I quote multiple scriptures showing where clothes represent righteousness. Perhaps something to think and pray about.
i am not making any claims of this ( again how did you come to this assumption ) the verse clearly states as does Gen 2:17 He spoke with them ...

its you who thinks that John 15:22 is out of context which would imply that you have another context for it ...

you do realize it is the tree of knowledge of good and evil they ate from, understanding that knowledge does not literally grow on a tree ... just as the clothes of salvation and robes of righteousness are not literal garments which He will cover our fleshy bodies with ....

quoting scriptures to fit into "your" theology ( which is not really yours as i have heard them all before and found them all to be wanting )does not mean its scriptural ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
i am not making any claims of this ( again how did you come to this assumption ) the verse clearly states as does Gen 2:17 He spoke with them ...

its you who thinks that John 15:22 is out of context which would imply that you have another context for it ...

you do realize it is the tree of knowledge of good and evil they ate from, understanding that knowledge does not literally grow on a tree ... just as the clothes of salvation and robes of righteousness are not literal garments which He will cover our fleshy bodies with ....

quoting scriptures to fit into "your" theology ( which is not really yours as i have heard them all before and found them all to be wanting )does not mean its scriptural ...
I do not see you have made your point with scripture and going through it again will not make a difference, so will leave it as agree to disagree. Thanks for the chat and God bless.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not see you have made your point with scripture and going through it again will not make a difference, so will leave it as agree to disagree. Thanks for the chat and God bless.
you say they were clothed ... the scrip says they were naked ... my point was to make this apparent ... fortunately for us all salvation is not found in the book :)

Upvote 0