United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i got this far into your theology

you state ... "we learn that at their creation, God clothed Adam and Eve with glory and honor in garments of light (white), which represented the righteousness of God. So basically, God clothed Adam and Eve just as He and the angels were, in garments of white or light."

the scrip does not say this .... by adding to the scrip you by doing so take away from it ...
They were made in His image and likeness. So what is the issue?

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not in Genesis, but like most books, we don't find every little detail of an entire book on the first page. All of God's Word is for our learning and correction 2 Tim 3:16

Clothing in scripture means righteousness. A few examples:

Job 29:14 “I put on righteousness, and it clothed me;
My justice was like a robe and a turban.

Isa 59:17 He put on righteousness like a breastplate,
And a helmet of salvation on His head;
And He put on garments of vengeance for clothing
And wrapped Himself with zeal as a mantle.

Isa 11:5 Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins,
And faithfulness the belt about His waist.

Psa 132:9 Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness,
And let Your godly ones sing for joy.

When Adam and Eve were created there didn't need clothes because they did not sin they were clothed in God's righteousness but when they sinned is when they realized they were naked as they were no longer clothed in God's righteousness

Gen 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

For those in Christ- when Jesus comes He will take away our fifthly rags

Zac 3:4 He spoke and said to those who were standing before him, saying, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” Again he said to him, “See, I have taken your iniquity away from you and will clothe you with festal robes.”

Which is why before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ washing our robes is the same as those who do God's commandments because those will be clothed in God's righteousness

Rev 3:5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Rev 22:14
New International Version
Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

New King James Version
Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

scrip says they covered their nakedness with fig leaves ... prior to that there is no mention of them being clothed ... your adding to the book

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
scrip says they covered their nakedness with fig leaves ... prior to that there is no mention of them being clothed ... your adding to the book
Perhaps a study on the meaning of clothing in scripture may be useful. I provided some Text for you, its up to you to study them and how it relates to why they became naked immediately after they sinned.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps a study on the meaning of clothing in scripture may be useful. I provided some Text for you, its up to you to study them and how it relates to why they became naked immediately after they sinned.

i know what it is a picture of ... the issue is that you have added to the book and by doing so have taken from it ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
i know what it is a picture of ... the issue is that you have added to the book and by doing so have taken from it ...
By letting the Holy Scriptures explain itself is not adding to God's Word. God's Word has many layers and is not meant to be surface read- we will not find every explanation to the entire book on page 1. Sorry you think their nakedness means nothing after they sinned- God gives us the explanation through His Word.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By letting the Holy Scriptures explain itself is not adding to God's Word. God's Word has many layers and is not meant to be surface read- we will not find every explanation to the entire book on page 1. Sorry you think their nakedness means nothing after they sinned- God gives us the explanation through His Word.

now you have added to what i have said ... being naked and not ashamed, and being naked and ashamed are very important perceptions to understand ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
now you have added to what i have said ... being naked and not ashamed, and being naked and ashamed are very important perceptions to understand ...
It's related to their clothing and what was removed, which is why they became naked after their fall (sin). The bible explains what clothing means- we can choose to accept this or not we have free will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's related to their clothing and what was removed. The bible explains what clothing means- we can choose to accept this or not we have free will.

what covers/clothes us is our perception ... filthy rags relate to our own reasoning by way of our flesh ... a covering that is not His

Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
what covers/clothes us is our perception ... filthy rags relate to our own reasoning by way of our flesh ... a covering that is not His

Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
You might want to continue your studies on clothing/garments in scripture - clothing does not have to do with our perception, only God can clothe us in His righteousness or take it away as He did with Adam and Eve after they sinned.

Isa 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

I'll leave it as agree to disagree. Take care

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You might want to continue your studies on clothing/garments in scripture - clothing does not have to do with our perception, only God can clothe us in His righteousness or take it away as He did with Adam and Eve after they sinned.

I'll leave it as agree to disagree. Take care

scrip makes no mention of God removing their clothing ... buts clearly says that after they ate ( tree of knowledge of good and evil ) their eyes were opened and they knew (knowledge) they were naked ...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
scrip makes no mention of God removing their clothing ... buts clearly says that after they ate ( tree of knowledge of good and evil ) their eyes were opened and they knew (knowledge) they were naked ...
As stated- not all the answers are on Page 1- before they sinned they were clothed in God's righteousness, just like the saints will be when He comes back. The only realized they were naked (their garments of righteousness were removed) was after they sinned.

Its fine if you believe something else, but you can't claim clothed in righteousness is not coming from God when scripture tells it is. Only God is righteous, only He can give or remove His righteousness, just as He did in the garden.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As stated- not all the answers are on Page 1- before they sinned they were clothed in God's righteousness, just like the saints will be when He comes back. They only realized they were naked (their garments of righteousness were removed) after they sinned.

Its fine if you believe something else, but you can't claim clothed in righteousness is not coming from God when scripture tells it is. Only God is righteous, only He can give or remove His righteousness, just as He did in the garden.

And the man and his wife were both naked, and they were not ashamed.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And the man and his wife were both naked, and they were not ashamed.
That was before the fall.....after the fall they hid themselves from God because they did not know theu were naked because they had God's righteousness.

That was lifted when they sinned and realized they were naked as they no longer had His righteousness.

Gen 3:10 So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”

God covered them with animal skins which represents Jesus and His sacrifice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was before the fall.....after the fall they hid themselves from God

Gen 3:10 So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
i was pointing out they were naked before they ate, and the eating revealed this nakedness to them ... your argument is they had their clothes removed by God after they ate which means they were clothed prior to eating... which is not scriptural

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
i was pointing out they were naked before they ate, and the eating revealed this nakedness to them ... your argument is they had their clothes removed by God after they ate which means they were clothed prior to eating... which is not scriptural
Ok, if you say so. I think there's some misunderstandings on what their nakedness means and what it means to be clothed in God's righteousness which all saints will be, and Adam and Eve were saints before the fall and will be once again when Jesus comes back and our robes will be washed and He will give us robes of righteousness.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, if you say so. I think there's some misunderstandings on what their nakedness means and what it means to be clothed in God's righteousness which all saints will be, and Adam and Eve were saints before the fall and will be once again when Jesus comes back and our robes will be washed and He will give us robes of righteousness.
its not me who says so but the scripture ... the false theology of them being clothed in righteousness ( being whole as in not divided/naked ) comes from another false theology that man was formed from the ground of Eden/pleasure, when the scrip says God planted a garden eastward, in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed ... as in three times removed

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
its not me who says so but the scripture ... the false theology of them being clothed in righteousness ( being whole as in not divided/naked ) comes from another false theology that man was formed from the ground of Eden/pleasure, when the scrip says God planted a garden eastward, in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed ... as in three times removed
Scripture says we will not be clothed in God's righteousness. Please quote that scripture.

This is false doctrine? You will have to take that up with a much Higher Authority than I.

Isa 64:6 We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Rev 19:8 It was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

Zac 3:4 He spoke and said to those who were standing before him, saying, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” Again he said to him, “See, I have taken your iniquity away from you and will clothe you with festal robes.”

Rev 3:5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

New King James Version
Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture says we will not be clothed in God's righteousness. Please quote that scripture.

This is false doctrine? You will have to take that up with a much Higher Authority than I.

When Adam and Eve were created there didn't need clothes because they did not sin they were clothed in God's righteousness but when they sinned is when they realized they were naked as they were no longer clothed in God's righteousness

Gen 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

For those in Christ- when Jesus comes He will take away our fifthly rags

Which is why before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ washing our robes is the same as those who do God's commandments because those will be clothed in God's righteousness

New King James Version
i have not said we will not become clothed in His righteousness .. how did you make such an assumption ? is it that you are trying to deviating from the errors within your theology !

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
i have not said we will not become clothed in His righteousness .. how did you make such an assumption ? is it that you are trying to deviating from the errors within your theology !
Then why would you think Adam and Eve weren't before they sinned. God is going to restore everything back before the fall when sin separated man from God. For those who overcome Rev 3:5 The saints will be reconciled with God their robes will be clean Rev 22:14 NIV which is the same that those who overcome sin and keep God's commandments. Rev 22:14 and will be covered in His righteousness Isaiah 61:10

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0