Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Did I say "mostly"? Or did you add that word in there as a way of trying to goad me?

Are you needing a reason to report the post? Sorry I wasn't "goading". It just seems that when I think of groceries I think of edible foods like bread, vegetables, meat, cookies, chips. But some seem to immediately go straight to cigarettes and booze when the word "groceries" is said.

Doesn't matter. If you want to do something that requires an ID, then get the ID.

Doesn't matter. If you want to debate voter ID laws then go learn the topic.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's only the interpretation of Trump's haters that he was mocking someone who was disabled. Otherwise, why aren't you coming to the defense of a war veteran who lost 3 limbs and has been attacked on this site? Brian Kolfage is his name. Could it have anything to do with him being a Trump supporter?
Kolfage wasn't mocked for being disabled. In fact the only people who brought up the fact that he was disabled were doing so to deflect from other criticism of him.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you needing a reason to report the post? Sorry I wasn't "goading". It just seems that when I think of groceries I think of edible foods like bread, vegetables, meat, cookies, chips. But some seem to immediately go straight to cigarettes and booze when the word "groceries" is said.

Yes, because those are the groceries that require an ID when they're being purchased, whether at a grocery store or anywhere else.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who cares? Even beyond groceries, there are things an ID is needed for. Buying cigarettes requires an ID since you have to be at least 18 to buy them. Low income people are the ones who smoke and drink the most, and they're the ones the democrats like to say are being denied voting rights by needing an ID. Why aren't they complaining about their smoking and drinking rights being denied?
Smoking and drinking alcohol are not rights. Voting is a constitutional right.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You mean that all those claims of "If you like your health plan/doctor, you can keep your health plan/doctor" wasn't embarrassing when it turned out to be completely false, even though it was his big selling point for his pet project?

And here we go again, a quote from nearly 10 years ago that was 5 months into President Obama's administration. Meanwhile Trump lied 5 different times in one week... one week ago.

Says there’s "never (been) so many apprehensions ever in our history."
— PolitiFact National on Friday, January 11th, 2019

"When I say Mexico is going to pay for the wall, that's what I said. Mexico is going to pay. I didn't say they're going to write me a check for $20 billion or $10 billion."
— PolitiFact National on Thursday, January 10th, 2019

California’s deadly wildfires "would never happen" with "proper Forest Management."
— PolitiFact California on Wednesday, January 9th, 2019

Says Sen. Charles Schumer "repeatedly supported a physical barrier in the past along with many other Democrats. They changed their mind only after I was elected president."
— PolitiFact National on Wednesday, January 9th, 2019

"At the request of Democrats, it will be a steel barrier rather than a concrete wall."

— PolitiFact National on Wednesday, January 9th, 2019

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

There's also a great deal of difference between which ID's do which things.

I understand voter ID as a concept, but since no one has ever found significant evidence of voter ID fraud but they have found significant evidence that voter ID's will unnecessarily disenfranchise vast swaths of poor and minority voters, I think we all know WHY voter ID laws are being pushed by the GOP. ;)

I think that regular folks, like conservative voters simply BELIEVE the lies told them by the GOP politicos who are playing this game and, to be honest, it sounds perfectly reasonable. It's a fix for a problem that could exist and it doesn't matter that it DOESN'T exist.

So the politicos realized that they understand statistics a WHOLE LOT BETTER than their voting base and so they come up with these schemes they KNOW will result in lower voter turn out from minorities and poor communities who would not normally vote for them and they "sell" it to their largely numerically and gamesmanship-illiterate base using what sound like common sense.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's only the interpretation of Trump's haters that he was mocking someone who was disabled.

Do you really expect this gaslighting to work on us?
giphy.gif

Otherwise, why aren't you coming to the defense of a war veteran who lost 3 limbs and has been attacked on this site? Brian Kolfage is his name. Could it have anything to do with him being a Trump supporter?

If McCain had engaged in sketchy activity, then this might be a riposte worthy of consideration.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
If you buy alcohol or pay with a check, you do.
Not sure what your point is.

I buy groceries all the time without id.

Many who liked their doctor were able to keep their doctor under Obamacare.

"You need an ID to buy groceries" is every bit as much of a lie as "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor", and both were said to in defense of policy they were promoting.

The point is that you complaining about Obama's "if you like your doctor" quote while continuing to defend Trump is that you're being hypocritical when you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, because those are the groceries that require an ID when they're being purchased, whether at a grocery store or anywhere else.
Are cigarettes and alcohol really groceries? Are lottery tickets and magazines groceries? I don't think so.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Are cigarettes and alcohol really groceries? Are lottery tickets and magazines groceries? I don't think so.

No, they're not. But if calling them groceries makes Trump's statement true, then it's obvious they will call them "groceries".

When citing Trump's lies, we can diversify, because he says so many of them. When citing Obama's lies, Trump's defenders all go back to the same handful, and then try to present them as an equivalency.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

And voting is something done far more seldom than smoking and drinking. It stands to reason that those people who managed to get an ID required for their habits has an ID to do what they complain they're being kept from doing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean that all those claims of "If you like your health plan/doctor, you can keep your health plan/doctor" wasn't embarrassing when it turned out to be completely false, even though it was his big selling point for his pet project?
But what about Obama?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But what about Obama?

No, no! We have to focus on :mad:TRUMP:mad: even though this thread is about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right. In post 134, I brought up Obama. :rolleyes:
You pulled the Obama card in post#100. You may recall that, sequentially, post #136 would be after #100.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It sure is ironic that people will defend AOC or (almost) anyone else when they say something like she did, but if Trump says something, it's automatically labeled as attacking or blasting someone, or whining or complaining or having a meltdown or temper tantrum--regardless of what he said or how he said it.
The defense of AOC is of little interest to me. Way too hypocritical.
So that's twice I have asked anyone to justify the claim of "meltdown" see feeble attemps of tyring to point out hypocrisy.

"Something like she did".....pfffft. I see that is how you are describing it. Can't even use her own words.

You STILL have not proven that she's had a meltdown aldebaran. I have asked you (and others) TWICE to use her words to explain it and you don't.

And I'm convinced the reason why you don't bother is because you are smart enough to know that she did NOT meltdown. But you are also desperate enough to keep saying she did without proving that initial point in an attempt to feel better because "liberals are hypocrites".

Are you going to show us in what way she "melted down"?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No, no! We have to focus on :mad:TRUMP:mad: even though this thread is about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez.
I agreE!

If you want to go back to the topic of Cortez's meltdown, you better start by proving that your topic is even true: That Cortez had a meltdown. She did not.

So either prove it or let's move on to someone who actually has the emotional regulation of a narcissist

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0