Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm just glad that it wasn't the President, for once ...

I think it is unfair to label AOC a liar as these fact checkers are seeming to be doing. She is simply just extremely misinformed. It isn't really a lie if you say something completely untrue but don't know you are speaking falsely you are just factually challenged. If everything one believes is untrue then what one says about things will be untrue without being a purposeful lie.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I tried to click the link but they do not like my ad blocker. I'll comment when I get home and can read the article.

Have gratitude for your ad blocker for sparing your eyes from having to roll to the point of fatigue from hypocrisy and hyperbole. Unlike Mr. Trump who is old enough to be her grandfather, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did not use schoolyard taunts or slurs; she did not leave her all-caps on to rage in petulant fury; she did not have a meltdown.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have gratitude for your ad blocker for sparing your eyes from having to roll to the point of fatigue from hypocrisy and hyperbole. Unlike Mr. Trump who is old enough to be her grandfather, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did not use schoolyard taunts or slurs; she did not leave her all-caps on to rage in petulant fury; she did not have a meltdown.

Correct , no meltdown just a lot of childish whining.

Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A reminder that those making a meal out of AOC supposedly """melting down""" and "childishly whining" supported someone who has a toddler temper tantrum nearly daily.

It's so gratifying to see how much she frightens old people. AOC, Pressly, Tlaib, etc are among the best thing to happen to D.C in decades.
Ringo

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Man, Ocasio-Cortez has the Right all tied up in knots! Speaking as someone on the Left I seldom if ever know a thing about what a freshman representative says except when Conservatives get all hyperventilated over the latest affront to the world.

She must seem pretty scary.

They give AOC - and her ideas, of which more and more young people are supportive - free publicity, which is both hilarious and great.

I hope she continues frightening them, while actually doing things to help working people and the poor, for many, many years.
Ringo

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
They give AOC - and her ideas, of which more and more young people are supportive - free publicity, which is both hilarious and great.

I hope she continues frightening them, while actually doing things to help working people and the poor, for many, many years.
Ringo

Agreed! I think she can definitely grow up a bit and maybe grow into an idealist who understands realpolitik. But it is cool that the Right's collective case of the vapors gives her far more public standing than she would necessarily on her own.

I wish her luck as time goes on. We need more liberal challengers to the status quo.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A reminder that those making a meal out of AOC supposedly """melting down""" and "childishly whining" supported someone who has a toddler temper tantrum nearly daily.

It's so gratifying to see how much she frightens old people. AOC, Pressly, Tlaib, etc are among the best thing to happen to D.C in decades.
Ringo

Is whataboutism suddenly fashionable now?

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Is whataboutism suddenly fashionable now?

Well, there's "Whataboutism" and then there's gross hypocrisy. The party that elected Trump really can't sit in judgement of politicians who are uninformed and post rants and get annoyed when questioned.

Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I didn't figure she had but I had no info.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Man, Ocasio-Cortez has the Right all tied up in knots! Speaking as someone on the Left I seldom if ever know a thing about what a freshman representative says except when Conservatives get all hyperventilated over the latest affront to the world.

She must seem pretty scary.

Let me understand this, she goes out and publicly speaks and in her speaking she lies or is in accurate, politifact the people that the left out is 100% accurate when it comes to the president gives her for Pinocchios.

She goes on Twitter and melts down, has a teenage girl hissy fit. And you want me to believe it’s the conservatives fault.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anymore, I just assume that when AOC or someone of her brand is accused of something, it's projection on the part of the accuser. I'm definitely not saying that AOC is perfect and incapable of mistakes, but a lot of modern so-called "conservative" politics seems to operate on projection: "accuse our opponents of that which we are guilty of doing".
Ringo

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Let me understand this, she goes out and publicly speaks and in her speaking she lies or is in accurate, politifact the people that the left out is 100% accurate when it comes to the president gives her for Pinocchios.

She goes on Twitter and melts down, has a teenage girl hissy fit. And you want me to believe it’s the conservatives fault.

Remind me when you ever cared about Trump sounding like an edgy 15 year old slurring everyone within reach for shreds of publicity.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, there's "Whataboutism" and then there's gross hypocrisy. The party that elected Trump really can't sit in judgement of politicians who are uninformed and post rants and get annoyed when questioned.

Just sayin'.

Politifact is part of the Republican Party?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

That's how the political discussion here usually goes. They use words like "Temper tantrum" all day long when Trump says something, but then AOC does something similar and we're supposed to see it as somehow different, as in "acceptable".

Upvote 0