Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You pulled the Obama card in post#100. You may recall that, sequentially, post #136 would be after #100.

I can't help it if he's a card.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Unless a SSN is not counted as an ID (don't know why it wouldn't be), one needs an ID (SSN) to obtain a credit card or open a checking/savings account with a debit card to pay for groceries, as many people do. I don't know why people get so worked up about that statement. Oh yeah... it's from Trump. Nuff said.
ROFL!
Your argument that you need ID to get a credit card so you need ID to get groceries?

Wow. That's amazing.

BREAKING NEWS! You need an ID to buy a bible! To buy new shoes!

Oh...this is all just too much good stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So that's twice I have asked anyone to justify the claim of "meltdown" see feeble attemps of tyring to point out hypocrisy.

"Something like she did".....pfffft. I see that is how you are describing it. Can't even use her own words.

Are you going to show us in what way she "melted down"?

You don't like the description of "meltdown". Then there are plenty of threads attended by plenty of haters who like to use Trump's comments as temper tantrums, meltdowns, hissy fits and pretty much anything else they can come up with. You might want to go there and question those people. You'll get responses such as, "Because it's a fact!" If it works there, it works here as well.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's only the interpretation of Trump's haters that he was mocking someone who was disabled.
It requires Mary Lou Retton level style of mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion given his history of insulting people.

It's only the interpretation of Trump lovers that he was not mocking someone because of his disability.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It requires Mary Lou Retton level style of mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion given his history of insulting people.

It's only the interpretation of Trump lovers that he was not mocking someone because of his disability.

That was simply a back flip. Easy to counter.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You don't like the description of "meltdown". Then there are plenty of threads attended by plenty of haters who like to use Trump's comments as temper tantrums, meltdowns, hissy fits and pretty much anything else they can come up with. You might want to go there and question those people. You'll get responses such as, "Because it's a fact!" If it works there, it works here as well.
Guy. Use WHATEVER descriptor you want, but also tell me which PHRASES in particular you found so aggregious and explain to me how they are aggregious.
Added bonus: You could even take them WAAAAAAAAY out of context.

My response is this: "Trump threw a hissy fit when he disagreed with the reporter. The fact that he threw a hissy fit is supported by his gesticulations and impression of a disabled person when it was neither necessary or beneficial for his point". Trump's "hissy fit indicators" (HFI) are obvious not exactly hidden.

And again, Trump supporters LOVE that he does stuff like that. They want him to get angry and say stupid hurtful stuff. They voted for him, at least in part, because they wnat to see that; they want to see mean and dirty.
So why get upset when he's calledon it?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That was simply a back flip. Easy to counter.
Out of curiousity, what was your rationale for justifying that thing with the disabled reporter again?

I remember reading one poster hear explaining it in a way that made sense to them, but it was right when it happened and I can't remember that long ago.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Out of curiousity, what was your rationale for justifying that thing with the disabled reporter again?

I remember reading one poster hear explaining it in a way that made sense to them, but it was right when it happened and I can't remember that long ago.

The absolute best way to interpret it was that Trump didn't remember that the guy was handicapped and mocked him using the hand-flapping-on-the-chest gesture that we all used in grade school to indicate someone was a "retard". The problem with that excuse is that he still used the "retard" motion to make fun of someone.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Actually it's not about "liking" or not "liking", but about the fact that she didn't actually have a meltdown.

Let's go ahead and see if there's any reality to this supposed meltdown.

Ocasio-Cortez attacks fact-checkers for 'false equivalency,' 'bias'

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter
>> Facts are facts, America. We should care about getting things right. Yet standards of who gets fact-checked, how often + why are unclear. This is where false equivalency+bias creeps in, allowing climate deniers to be put on par w/scientists, for example. <<

HOLY MOLY! The woman is clearly unhinged! :doh:

She continues:
>> For example, it looks like @PolitiFact has fact-checked Sarah Huckabee Sanders and myself the *same* amount of times: 6. She’s been serving for almost 2 years. I’ve served 4 days. Why is she fact-checked so little? Is she adhering to some standard we don’t know about? <<

>> Or why did @washingtonpost give my confusing tweet on military accounting offsets the same “Pinocchios” as Trump’s flat denial of how many Americans died in Puerto Rico? These are legitimate questions not intended to attack. Who makes these decisions? How? Is there a rubric? <<

>> Another question for @politifact: some officials’ statements (ex. Andrew Cuomo) get rated “true” frequently. I say true things all the time - I’d hope most do. When does Politifact choose to rate true statements? Is there a guide? I’d be happy to repost if there is. <<

She's crazed with madness! But then she does something that not even Trump would ever do:

accepts the criticism of her...
Sal Rizzo on Twitter
>> Sal Rizzo‏Verified account @rizzoTK

No one likes to be fact-checked. There's a simple way to avoid it. And there's a big difference between the colossal amount of time we spend fact-checking Trump (7,645 false/misleading claims and counting) and TWO fact-checks of @AOC <<
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter
> Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez‏Verified account @AOC

Fact-checking is critically important. It’s not always fun. But that’s okay! It pushes me to be better. It’s important that if fact-checkers are referees, everyone know the rules - and those rules be as clear + fair as possible for all to play. Thank you for the work you do. <<

I wonder if the Daily Caller included this last exchange in it's hit piece the way Fox News did.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The absolute best way to interpret it was that Trump didn't remember that the guy was handicapped and mocked him using the hand-flapping-on-the-chest gesture that we all used in grade school to indicate someone was a "retard". The problem with that excuse is that he still used the "retard" motion to make fun of someone.
I heard..."it's a common way that he mocks people so it's all good".

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ROFL!
Your argument that you need ID to get a credit card so you need ID to get groceries?

Wow. That's amazing.

BREAKING NEWS! You need an ID to buy a bible! To buy new shoes!

Oh...this is all just too much good stuff.
Whoosh... right over your head.

How do you pay for your groceries?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And voting is something done far more seldom than smoking and drinking. It stands to reason that those people who managed to get an ID required for their habits has an ID to do what they complain they're being kept from doing.
Sure, in some states the same ID can be used in a grocery store and for voting, but in others, well, they're a bit more restrictive in what they'll accept for voting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unless a SSN is not counted as an ID (don't know why it wouldn't be), one needs an ID (SSN) to obtain a credit card or open a checking/savings account with a debit card to pay for groceries, as many people do.
You can't use a Social Security card as ID for voting, however, because it has no picture and no address, so that's a really bad example.
I don't know why people get so worked up about that statement. Oh yeah... it's from Trump. Nuff said.
Not because it's from Donald. It would be just as ignorant and pointless from any other politician or non-politician.

Only in your imagination.

Sometimes cash, sometimes a credit card - either way I'm never asked for ID. When I got the credit card, they didn't ask for ID either, just information.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

No. Not over my head at all. Straight into my brain.

How was buying a bible different from buying groceries in comparison?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Just as a continued reminder:

He used to use the hand motions quite often, none of the generals he referenced, Ted Cruz nor anyone else was disabled, he was mocking the disability. Repeating the misinformation doesn't suddenly make it true

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

He used to use the hand motions quite often, none of the generals he referenced, Ted Cruz nor anyone else was disabled, he was mocking the disability.
You're right. I guess he's a really, really classy guy.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

He used to use the hand motions quite often, none of the generals he referenced, Ted Cruz nor anyone else was disabled, he was mocking the disability. Repeating the misinformation doesn't suddenly make it true

I heard..."it's a common way that he mocks people so it's all good".

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

You called it.

Upvote 0