Anyone have a brief overview of what is to come?

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, but believing Jesus is coming any day now is more exciting. Doesn’t make it true but does excite the senses more than serving him day after day until one dies.
There is nothing yet unfulfilled before he returns. It could be today.

Reactions: One Son
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rapture is the next major event!
Rapture follows thew resurrection on the last day.
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–18)

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rapture is the next major event!
The rapture follows the resurrection of the dead on the last day.
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–18)

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think it is good to preach to others, not just the choir.
Dave, your opinion. But my opinion it is not good because it is too divisive on the fundamental level - just like it is not good to preach belief in Islam in a Christian church.

I don't have a problem with choice. I have a problem with waste of time, and futility, placed on futurists... in this particular forum.

I can think of no better way to beat one's brains out than to engage a preterist or amillennial in an eschatology discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus and all the NT writers and Apostles were Amillennial. .

They were premill as John explains showing that the second coming happens in Rev 19 and the millennium in Rev 20

Jesus and the Apostles were Amillennial before John wrote Revelation.

So it is your claim that after John wrote Revelation they all become pre-mill like John?

Truth does not change.

Yes - but understanding of truth does.

At the time of John the baptizer even John believed the Messiah would come to conquer the Romans and establish Israel as the greatest nation on Earth -- then later John found out that Christ came to die for the sins of the world.

Truth does not change. But the understanding of Truth did change.

If you make Revelation conform to the NT

That is an oxymoron - the book of Revelation is part of the NT.

Details matter.

instead of the other way around,

If we make the rest of the writing of the NT shoehorn into the beliefs at the start of the NT we get a no-gospel non-gospel.

Truth does not change.

Understanding of truth does.

you will understand Revelation as John did when you accept what he wrote.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Agreed. :)

simply looking for a group of "yes-men" who will never challenge any position you make is rather pointless.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those who don’t want to learn, don’t want to hear anything but what they already believe, comfortable stuff, you know.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So it is your claim that after John wrote Revelation they all become pre-mill like John?

Yes - but understanding of truth does.

At the time of John the baptizer even John believed the Messiah would come to conquer the Romans and establish Israel as the greatest nation on Earth -- then later John found out that Christ came to die for the sins of the world.

Truth does not change. But the understanding of Truth did change.

That is an oxymoron - the book of Revelation is part of the NT.

Details matter.

If we make the rest of the writing of the NT shoehorn into the beliefs at the start of the NT we get a no-gospel non-gospel.

Truth does not change.

Understanding of truth does.

you will understand Revelation as John did when you accept what he wrote.
We must make John's symbolism reflect the unchangeable truth held by Him, Jesus and the rest of the Apostles and writers of the NT, or confusion (as we have today), results.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Truth does not change. But the understanding of Truth did/does change.

We must make John's symbolism reflect the unchangeable truth held by Him, Jesus and the rest of the Apostles and writers of the NT, or confusion (as we have today), results.

No NT writer states "there is no millennium" just like no prophet and even John the baptizer did not claim "the messiah will not die for the sins of the world" .

They never stated the denial of truth (unchanging truth) that would later be revealed to them, even though they had not yet discovered it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Truth does not change. But the understanding of Truth did/does change.

No NT writer states "there is no millennium" just like no prophet and even John the baptizer did not claim "the messiah will not die for the sins of the world" .

They never stated the denial of truth (unchanging truth) that would later be revealed to them, even though they had not yet discovered it.
Proof? Revelation 20 needs interpretation so interpretation does not count.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The changes that have to be in the world are not close to being reached. Besides, isn't it better to be working like there is still work to do for Him than wait for him to come doing nothing because he is coming soon and it is all for naught?
Nice straw man. Translation - Wouldn't it be better to work hard like me and believe like I do than sit around and do nothing and believe like others.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know for sure that it happened. They were instructed to comfort one another with those words. I would say that likely happened.
You’re not serious. You give me a scripture about Jesus coming again that did not happen but that they comforted themselves nevertheless and that’s what you focus on, that they comforted themselves with promises that didn’t happen for them???

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nice straw man. Translation - Wouldn't it be better to work hard like me and believe like I do than sit around and do nothing and believe like others.
Never said anything of the kind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You’re not serious. You give me a scripture about Jesus coming again that did not happen but that they comforted themselves nevertheless and that’s what you focus on, that they comforted themselves with promises that didn’t happen for them???
I guess your beef is with Paul. It was his instructions.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 3 says that the Old Covenant is "obey and live"...

In Galatians 3:16-29 the Apostle Paul reveals the temporary nature of the Sinai Covenant.

The law was "added" 430 years "after" the promise made to Abraham "until" the seed (Christ) could come to whom the promise was made.

In Galatians 4:24-31 Paul compels the Galatian believers to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage".

We find a clear contrast between the Sinai Covenant and the New Covenant in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and in Hebrews 12:18-24.

The New Covenant: Bob George

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Never said anything of the kind.
Ok see below.
The changes that have to be in the world are not close to being reached.
What changes are you referring to? Please provide scriptural backup.
Besides, isn't it better to be working like there is still work to do for Him than wait for him to come doing nothing because he is coming soon and it is all for naught?

Besides, isn't it better to be working (inferring like I do) like there is still work to do for Him than wait for Him to come doing nothing (inferring like others do) because He is coming soon and it's all for naught.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok see below.

What changes are you referring to? Please provide scriptural backup.

Besides, isn't it better to be working (inferring like I do) like there is still work to do for Him than wait for Him to come doing nothing (inferring like others do) because He is coming soon and it's all for naught.
You infer what I never said sane as you infer what Paul never said. You don’t really choose wisely, do you? Your inferences are way off from the truth.

Upvote 0