Anyone have a brief overview of what is to come?

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One is a shadow and type of the other. If you do not know how to handle shadow and types in the Bible then how do you understand the parables? Matthew 13:13 "This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand."
Jesus and all the NT writers and Apostles were Amillennial. If you study them and let the "rapture" books go for awhile, the NT will make sense and the time line I provided will cut through all the malarkey.

Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus and all the NT writers and Apostles were Amillennial. If you study them and let the "rapture" books go for awhile, the NT will make sense and the time line I provided will cut through all the malarkey.
I do not know what amillennial means. I do not worry to much about the rapture. I plan to be here until 2029. I will be 77 and I do not know if I will life much longer but it would be nice to make it to my 80th birthday. That would be quite an achievement.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
https://biblehub.com/kjv/daniel/11-31.htm

I dont believe it is the next prophetic event butvery close.
I believeDonald Trump willcause a millitary comprised of gentiles to occupy Jerusalem. It shallcause the Israeli conscription tobe obolished andthe israeli occupation of the west bank to cease.
It shall occupy the area in the IDFs place.

We shall see if my understanding is correct or not.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What was the most recent prophesy that has been fulfilled or is being now?

What are we to expect in the Future?

Rev 14 - the 3 Angels' messages and then the Rev 14 second coming event. So then the last warning to planet Earth is in the 3 angel's messages.

Rev 14:7 "The hour of his judgment has come"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes your correct that the end of the Old Covenat Age was 70 AD.

Spiritually speaking mankind continues to be under the Old Covenant.

Galatians 3 says that the Old Covenant is "obey and live"... and Genesis 2 shows it in living color. Romans 3:19-21 puts the entire world as STILL being "under the Law" and condemned -- showing that all mankind need salvation, need the Gospel.

Only those who accept the Gospel are transferred from Old Covenant - to New Covenant - from a spiritual POV.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, there are plenty of reasons to be against the haredi attitude and behavior, but they are not the majority of Jews. And Jews themselves have big problems with them.

In Ezekiel 39, it says of the Jews, that God hid His face from them. The Romans did not destroy the temple and city in order to vindicate persecution of Christians in that day. Which Christians were certainly persecuted.

Well, I did not say they did. The Babylonians did not come and sack Jerusalem and take all the inhabitants away in order to give them the justice of God because Israel had rebelled against God either. God works through men who do or do not know it.
The Romans destroyed the temple and city because the Jews revolted against Roman rule. There were three Jewish-Roman wars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish–Roman_wars
There is some dispute as to whether Titus wanted the temple preserved or destroyed. Some say he wanted it preserved but the mercenaries got carried away. When the city was destroyed he is reported to have said to God that the terrible nature of what had happened was not because of him but that God had done this, so aweful was the result. The description of the events of that and the surrounding cities matches that in the Bible. ANd it fits perfectly into the words of Jesus. There was not one stone upon another and the place was plowed under. This was the wrath of God against them. The Christians, btw, had left town after they saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies. They remembered the words of JEsus and left so that they did not partake of the wrath poured out upon the evil city.

I believe Rev and the triulation and the beast and so on happened long ago and will never happen again. Jesus will come again bodily as he said, but that will not be in our lifetime.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Spiritually speaking mankind continues to be under the Old Covenant.

Galatians 3 says that the Old Covenant is "obey and live"... and Genesis 2 shows it in living color. Romans 3:19-21 puts the entire world as STILL being "under the Law" and condemned -- showing that all mankind need salvation, need the Gospel.

Only those who accept the Gospel are transferred from Old Covenant - to New Covenant - from a spiritual POV.
The old covenant was a real covenant between God and the Jews, not between God and the whole world. That was ended in 70 AD. Just and the old covenant was never offered to all mankind, but only those who entered into it, so the new covenant is not between God and all mankind but only those people who are willing to enter into it. It has its requirements as well. Those in the new covenant are not lawless.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The great tribulation happened in 70 AD in the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus taught this in Matthew 24. History confirms this to be the worst case of suffering the world ever knew. Mothers eating their young. Crosses as far as the eye could see with Jews impaled on them, etc. (See Josephus the Jewish historian on this).

When Jesus returns, it will be just like today. Marrying, giving in marriage and business as usual. People proclaiming "peace and safety".

Most of what we hear today is false and came about in the mid 1800s.
It is very encouraging to me to read of more and more people thinking the above as I do. It is very encouraging. Dispensationalism has gutted the church of its drive to spread the good news leaving instead those just waiting for Jesus to come and get them before all hell breaks loose. It robbed them of a hope and a future and the joy of being a part of the spreading of the rule of Christ throughout the earth and where they live. I am glad to read this in your post and others.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are you basing your statement on - "not in our lifetime" ?
The changes that have to be in the world are not close to being reached. Besides, isn't it better to be working like there is still work to do for Him than wait for him to come doing nothing because he is coming soon and it is all for naught?

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is very encouraging to me to read of more and more people thinking the above as I do. It is very encouraging. Dispensationalism has gutted the church of its drive to spread the good news leaving instead those just waiting for Jesus to come and get them before all hell breaks loose. It robbed them of a hope and a future and the joy of being a part of the spreading of the rule of Christ throughout the earth and where they live. I am glad to read this in your post and others.
As instructed.

1Thes 4
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were premill as John explains showing that the second coming happens in Rev 19 and the millennium in Rev 20
Jesus and the Apostles were Amillennial before John wrote Revelation. Truth does not change. If you make Revelation conform to the NT instead of the other way around, you will understand Revelation as John did.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The changes that have to be in the world are not close to being reached.
What changes? According to the bible. What is your timeframe - from the bible of when those "changes", which you have said are not close to being reached, will take place?

Besides, isn't it better to be working like there is still work to do for Him than wait for him to come doing nothing because he is coming soon and it is all for naught?
I don't know of a single person advocating to stop serving Jesus...except them opposed to Christianity and/or who have left Christianity.

Dorothy Mae, you can't justify the preterist view on the notion you are presenting because it is not representative of futurists. If you want to buy into the preterist view, everyone makes their choice of course, but you can't sell it to others with that sort of advertising campaign.

The preterist view is detached from reality.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As instructed.

1Thes 4
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Didn’t happen for them now did it?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus and the Apostles were Amillennial before John wrote Revelation. Truth does not change. If you make Revelation conform to the NT instead of the other way around, you will understand Revelation as John did.
Ah, but believing Jesus is coming any day now is more exciting. Doesn’t make it true but does excite the senses more than serving him day after day until one dies.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The futurist view, the preterist view, the amilennial view are so far in conflict with one another - there should be separate forums, just like this site has separate forums for Catholics and protestants. Let everyone go their own way.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The futurist view, the preterist view, the amilennial view are so far in conflict with one another - there should be separate forums, just like this site has separate forums for Catholics and protestants. Let everyone go their own way.
I think it is good to preach to others, not just the choir.

Upvote 0