• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Any recreational flyers out there?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Activities & Nature' started by OldWiseGuy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+7,786
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    As I get closer to retirement I'm thinking about taking up flying again. I flew fixed wing aircraft for fun many years ago but stopped as it didn't fulfill my desire to fly "low and slow". I did take a ride in a towed two seat autogyro and was impressed by it's stability, but was scared by the "flying lawn chair" look of the Benson gyrocopter, which along with other home-builts was the only such aircraft available at the time. Lately I have been looking at the side-by-side gyrocopters such as the Xenon and Cavalon. They are really nice, with all the bells and whistles of fixed wing aircraft, and fly safely low and slow. Anyone else onto this kind of flying I'd love to hear from you.

I like the Xenon the best as it seems roomier, and the instrument panel leaves more leg and knee room than the others. I also like the twin booms on the rear stabilizer. Also the dealer (and trainer) is only 2 hours away.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. david tyler

david tyler JESUS LOVES YOU

+34
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    WOW THATS A GREAT HOBBY/INTEREST,,UNTIL WE EARN OUR WINGS I GUESS THIS IS THE NEXT BEST THING...IT FEELS PRETTY NEAT EH!!,,DIFFERENT KIND OF FREEDOM,,,I HAD A FRIEND THAT QUIT HIS JOB WHERE WE WERE WORKING,,, AND WENT TO FLY A HELICOPTER(I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY CALL THIS ONE BUT IT IS A BIG HELICOPTER),, TO REMOVE LOGS IN THE FOREST INDUSTRY IN BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA,VANCOUVER,,,MAN MUST BE NICE HE ONLY HAD TO DO THIS FOR A WHILE AND I THINK STARTED TO FLY AN AMBULANCE HELICOPTER FOR THEM,,,ALL THE PILOTS I KNOW FROM AIR CANADA RETIRE THIER AS WELL,,,YES MUST BE NICE I ALSO HAD A FRIEND IN BANFF ALBERTA WHERE HE LIVED HAD CESNA. (DID I SPELL IT WRITE),,,SADLY TO SAY HIS EYES WENT AND HAD TO GIVE IT UP,,HE TOLD ME MANY STORIES ONE I REMEMBER HE COULD NOT LAND ON THE RUNWAY IN BANFF, BECAUSE IT WAS FULL SOLID OF ELK,,HE KEPT FLYING LOW TO SCARE THEM BUT TO NO AVAIL,,RUNNING OUT OF FUEL,, SOMEONE SAW HIS DILEMA. AND CHASED ALL THE ELK OFF THE RUNWAY,,,AS SOON AS HE LANDED AND COASTED HIS PLANE RAN OUT OF FUEL,,!!! THIS IS ONE HOBBY I COULD I LOVE!!! TAKE CARE, YES GET BACK INTO IT WE MAY REGRET NOT DOING IT..?