• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Any Other ASMR...ers out there?

Discussion in 'General Hobbies and Interests' started by Tone, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Tone

Tone "Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great." Supporter

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    "Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR), sometimes auto sensory meridian response,[2][3][4] is a tingling sensation that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. A pleasant form of paresthesia,[5] it has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia[6][7] and may overlap with frisson.

ASMR signifies the subjective experience of "low-grade euphoria" characterized by "a combination of positive feelings and a distinct static-like tingling sensation on the skin". It is most commonly triggered by specific auditory or visual stimuli, and less commonly by intentional attention control.[1][8] A genre of videos which intend to induce ASMR has emerged, of which by 2018 over 13 million are published on YouTube.[9]"
    ASMR - Wikipedia

Here are a few of my recommended ASMRtists:

Please share if you have any!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+4,684
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Are you presenting this as a spiritual experience?

Or do you think it is spiritually neutral and therefore merges into Christian life without conflict?

You thoughts and the thoughts of others appreciated.

3. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,845
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I had to stop watching because hypnotic devices were being used. since I'm an empath that can result in synchonizing with their body signals remotely - and that can be really weird.

I get the idea though and can see why it is popular, inducing a relaxing trance is cheaper than drugs that do the same thing.

I've found another form of release, since the hypnotic kind leaves me open to exploitation.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private

Ummmmm, Id' say that I enjoy it as a hobby and/or interest.

I have found it to be relaxing. I usually listen to it at night, before sleep.

I have found the first one on my list to be a source of joy for me, because she is quirky and I laugh at/with her a lot.

The second one has been good to me, because she has a really great vocabulary and presents her material very well...like a Toastmaster. Poetry is another of my hobbies/interests, so I like to hear some poetry as I drift off to sleep.

The third one is simply a great way to fall asleep as she reads The Hobbit. One of my all-time favorite stories.

As far as the tingling ASMR sensations themselves. I'd say it's more like experiencing a treat, like a massage or something...it's soothing and calming.

There are other artists that have mastered this aspect, such as:

If I'm going purely for the feeling itself, that ^ is my go to video.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  5. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private

Hmmmm, I never heard any of this before.

Hypnotic devices? Synchronizing remotely?

Any examples of what this is like?

6. Michael Collum

+4,845
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Hypnotic device #1 is talking quietly and slowly, but not too slow - just at the right rhythm to get the mind to switch off and accept stimuli.

Synchronizing - first time I remember it clearly was when I'd walk down the stairs at the same pace as someone step for step, then there's was this "oneness" in this unified movement. The person might have noticed also since their pace sped up considerably after the moment of synchronization.

I've also noticed synchronization in groups of people all doing the same thing, it causes a unified field of consciousness while the same action keeps being done by everyone in that area.

Remotely - meaning far away as if distance is an illusion.

• List
  7. Michael Collum

+4,845
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    In general, it can result in sharing thoughts to body signals, when it happens with a member of the opposite sex I sometimes experience sensations that don't translate to my body so well.

Over time, I've found ways of filtering "not my signals" out, but avoiding collective trance like states through shared activities - is also a helpful preventative strategy.

8. Monksailor

Monksailor Adopted child of God. Supporter

+892
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Well, I have TLNFCSS created from a lower back surgery (TinglinLegNumb FootCrawlingSpiderSensations) and FNDCI (FootNerveDamageCausing Insomnia) from surgery on my big toe metatarsal joint. Does that count?

Oh, I forgot, HDISCIBA, (HerniatedDiscIndentingSpinalCordFromIndividualBodyArmor.)

• List
  9. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,332
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Personally I do not understand the appeal of ASMR. The few I have listened to sounded disturbing. I do not like the sensation of someone whispering into my ears. Although I have noticed a lot of them contain young attractive females.

The only kind of ASMR I might like is the harsher stuff. Like some guy banging on a trash can screaming at the top of his lungs played on a loop for hours and hours.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private

Oh, okay.

Would you say that you'd have to be well versed in this type of thinking for it to effect you like that?

I haven't went really deep with the new agey, psychologicey, uhhhh, you know, yuppie stuff.

I have always wondered what the sensation is that makes me feel like I have a feathered nape. So, when another member here posted one of these ASMR vids., I was like "oohhhh, so there is a name for the sensation!" And I have enjoyed this hobby/interest since.

11. Michael Collum

+4,845
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Not really, it just happens to a random selection of the population every so often. Some are more sensitive or others - but when it affects them to this degree, something really traumatic must have happened on an internal level to level the walls of Jericho so to speak.

It's kind of a shame that churches use the same devices just differently.

I recall enjoying something similar in another decade, being able to rest is not a bad thing especially when there's a lot of pain.

12. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Yeah, if I had a woman, I probably wouldn't have any interest in these vids...I would just be like, "Hey babe, come whisper in my ear and pet my head please.", ha ha.

13. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Like, what, the music?

You believe that this synchronization can take place between the church members?

*I've wondered about some gestures that people do when speaking. Do you think that some of them are intentional?

14. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,332
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    It's alright. Just wondering if that's a big factor in the appeal of ASMR. I've seen women linking those kinds of videos and it's always of cute guys. Lol.

15. Lord Give Me A Sign

Lord Give Me A Sign Newbie

+728
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I used to listen to binaural beats but i did research and found out balancing the chakra's is not a good thing so i stopped. It didnt really do anything for me anyways

But this seems different. Id consider giving it a try but im going to wait for more responses. Also, im an empath and i already say another poster say he was an empath and this wasnt good for him...so im leaning towards not trying it at the moment

16. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private

This is a good one, I'm currently listening to. It's touching...so I guess that's spiritual.

17. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Found a new one:

Goodnight all...

:sweetdream:

18. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    This sister has a very soothing voice and she uses the Hebrew!

Had to sub.:

19. Tone

+6,081
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    There is something about this one:

great words too!

*I can see the cute little girl inside of her...awwwwww.

20. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,842
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Binaural beats does involve balancing chakras. It's a kind of brainwave entrainment.