• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Antifa calls for terrorist style tactics

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Jun 23, 2019.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,038
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Agreed, that is one reason why I showed their poster also.

They have been doing that for two years now.

2. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,484
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Liberals have been saying that conservatives are Neo-Nazis?

I've heard that Neo-Nazis are conservatives and Antifa are liberals. I would have to agree with that. Would you?

3. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,673
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    What they have done before, eh? Who and when? It's not as if "antifa" were a single, monolithic organization. It seems to me that there are many disparate groups that use "antifa" in their names. In this case, I think the organization involved is "SmashRacismDC".
    Okay, it's violent and hateful, but how is it hypocritical?

No, not as far as I know; however, some of their activities have been designated as terroristic.
    A response in 2018 stated that Federal Law does not have a "mechanism for formally designating domestic terrorist organizations"

Source: APNews

Well, you seem to be calling them "hypocrites" for using violence. I don't see that that qualifies as hypocrisy.

You're calling them "hypocrites" and "liars". I don't believe you are correct in that.

4. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,673
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Whose own conflating? Antifa's? Even if that is true, do you think it is right to turn around and do the same thing to innocent leftists?

5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,673
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    "They" have? Who has? People?

6. Francis Drake

Francis Drake Returning adventurer.

+993
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    Antifa is a fascist organisation.

7. WherevertheWindblows

WherevertheWindblows Well-Known Member

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Those the media has reported on as being antifa, you would have to watch CNN and the various other media news and pull up various times they have reported on the group here and there.

I didn't say they were, its how they are reported on.

Whatever name participates in the same thing. Claiming to be anti fascist while behaving like a fascist.

Didn't you say the following?

In respects to them being designated a terrorist organization

I will agree here, I should have rather asked whether The Department of Homeland Security had formally classified activities of so-called anti-fascist or “antifa” groups as “domestic terrorist violence, since that is really what is speaking of in regards to their tactics. DHS Formally Calls Activities Of Antifa ‘Domestic Terrorist Violence’

No I'm not, it was you who responded to me saying,

I believe they are hateful and fascistic and true to their own hatefulness. But I will say it now that I think it is hypocrital to call someone a fascist (who is not violent or fascist) and behave towards them as a fascist would (by using violence) but never see their own self as the fascists they really are) which is who they claim to hate. Loathing others (while projecting what they are onto others) never loathing themselves for their own disgusting behavior.

And once again here

I was pointing out to you that don't have to be one or the other (as even scripture shows) and it was you who stated that they may be hypocritical (but not false or liars for whatever your reason might be) whether you feel they don't accuse others falsely (or they don't attack others under a false pretense).

I would love to go round and round with you but I am moving on.

8. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I honestly cannot follow you, I don't see Tucker Carlson doing to those who showed up at his home what they did to him (or believe they are innocent leftists) but guilty (not innocent).

Sorry, I cannot follow your posts

9. carlv_52

carlv_52 Active Member

+438
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    Doxxing is always a tool of a most vicious kind. Knowing that people will use the information to inflict harm it is like setting off a detonator to see if anyone around has some explosives to go with it.

The ONLY thing for good people of conscience to do is to speak AGAINST the kind of rhetoric that Sean and Tucker and the other Alt-Right Adjacent mouthpieces peddle. It is not a guarantee that we are living through the early 1930's. Doxxing and personally endangering these people is not something that folks on the Left can support. It is dangerous. As dangerous as someone with a million viewers sitting around every night soaking those viewers in hatred and bile.

10. carlv_52

carlv_52 Active Member

+438
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    I greatly dislike the more militant and threatening things Antifa does as such I'm NOT in favor of their actions. BUT, that being said, look at the name "Anti-facist". These people, in some way, see themselves in the role of the hypothetical time-traveler who could go back to Weimar Germany knowing what would happen in the future and attempting to stop Hitler.

I know that's pretty extreme to compare Trump to Hitler and it is quite offensive to a lot of well-meaning Americans. But Trump and his associates have espoused some frightening rhetoric and some frightening policies. It's easy to see how some who may be more prone to extremist thinking would take that and run with it thinking they are doing the Lord's work (just a turn of phrase, not intended to be literally the Lord's work).

It's like Christians bombing an abortion clinic. They may honestly and earnestly think they are doing some "good" by stopping something they determine is "evil". Neither is right. Antifa is not helping. Not at all.

11. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,084
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    They are the shock troops of the deep state. Their targets are mostly critics of the current political system - they hate the same people that liberals hate. In that sense, yes they do represent most liberals, even those who would prefer not be associated with them.

12. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You gotta look beyond what they call themselves and condemn what they do.

13. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,131
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    And in the same vein, neo-nazis hate the people that conservatives hate. In that sense, neo-nazis do represent most conservatives.

Also, when did Tucker Carlson become a critic of the current political system? I mean I know he's a critic of the metric system. Not sure that's political though.

14. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ) Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,698
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    "Alt-Right" is another word that has completely lost its meaning.

15. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,084
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    What else did you imagine he was? Are you sure you're not confusing him with Sean Hannity?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  16. carlv_52

carlv_52 Active Member

+438
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    Looks like you didn't actually read my post for content. Take some time, go back and re-read why I discussed the name.

Then maybe you can spend more time addressing people's points.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  17. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,131
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    A ratings grabbing fox news presenter? Since when is being sane and deciding war with Iran is a bad thing equal being a critic of the political system?

I'd argue thumb-in-a-wig is unconfuseable. Anyhoo, for every carlson the critic I can meet you with Carlson the fan.

18. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,673
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Clearly you don't know what fascist means; it does not mean merely violent.

"May be" is not "is".

Their activities, not them.

Fascism is not simply violence. Look it up.

What? Who said you did? You can be one or the other or neither or both.

and it was you who stated that they may be hypocritical (but not false or liars for whatever your reason might be) whether you feel they don't accuse others falsely (or they don't attack others under a false pretense).
    [/quote]Once again "may be" is not "is". I think that "they" are many different groups and we're talking about one particular one, "SmashRacismDC."

And yet you continue to reply:

Yeah, I wasn't saying the people at Mr. Carlson's house were the innocent leftists. Calling those people at his house "leftists" were conflating them with all the innocent leftists who were not at his house, who would never go to his house and who deplore the doxxing and the violence. :doh:

You don't see Mr. Carlson conflating antifa members with leftists in general? Okay, but you would have to look and listen.

Clearly.

19. WherevertheWindblows

+159
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I actually did read it

Okay, I did that for you.

Okay, I did so below, lets try again...

I can sure understand that.

You could think so when you just look at their name

Sure, some extremists might have expressed so much

I do understand you feel extremely frightened by the same even though others might not feel that same way.

Extreme thinkers, I understand

Sure neither is right, but as I said before you just gotta look beyond what they call themselves and condemn what they do.

20. PeachyKeane

PeachyKeane Newbie

+3,535
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Do me a favor. Consider what Hank said earlier, and rethink this statement. Is it possible you're not looking at all the angles? Hank shows skeptical of the existance of this group, and you say 'that is one reason why I showed their poster also'. Just think about it a little, and get back to us.