Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think anyone should be trusting social media sites to make definitive statements. We already know how Russia used social media to promote distrust, hate, etc.

Agreed, that is one reason why I showed their poster also.

Conflate Antifa with leftists in general and you give leave for people to conflate neo-nazis with conservatives as a whole.

They have been doing that for two years now.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,095,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They have been doing that for two years now.
Liberals have been saying that conservatives are Neo-Nazis?

I've heard that Neo-Nazis are conservatives and Antifa are liberals. I would have to agree with that. Would you?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟6,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's pretty accurate, one can be a hypocritical liar, false accusers are spoken of in scripture. Calling people fascists that are clearly not is what they have done before, to feel justified in their violence towards others they might just disagree with. Seems to me to be falsely accusing many such people with no proof except their own accusations of them.
What they have done before, eh? Who and when? It's not as if "antifa" were a single, monolithic organization. It seems to me that there are many disparate groups that use "antifa" in their names. In this case, I think the organization involved is "SmashRacismDC".
I sure did not make any claim that this particular hate filled group are loving people (or claim to love anyone) but only that they believe themselves to be (in some sort of warped fashion) to combat what they believe is something (like fascist, which may not be) or hateful (while blind to their own hate) and do this to justify their own violence.
Okay, it's violent and hateful, but how is it hypocritical?

Wasn't Antifa officially designated as a domestic terrorist organization?
No, not as far as I know; however, some of their activities have been designated as terroristic.
A response in 2018 stated that Federal Law does not have a "mechanism for formally designating domestic terrorist organizations"

Source: APNews

But you ask the above as if I need prove they have somehow contradicted themselves specifically on some non existent claim about their own love or peace?
Well, you seem to be calling them "hypocrites" for using violence. I don't see that that qualifies as hypocrisy.

I agree, but I don't understand the point of your reply or what you are trying to get me to see the light on in your response. Maybe you can clarify.
You're calling them "hypocrites" and "liars". I don't believe you are correct in that.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟6,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are extreme wings on both sides, but Trump supporters are already (as a whole) being targeted by Antifa and Tucker Carlson is just an example of their own conflating.
Whose own conflating? Antifa's? Even if that is true, do you think it is right to turn around and do the same thing to innocent leftists?

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What they have done before, eh? Who and when?

Those the media has reported on as being antifa, you would have to watch CNN and the various other media news and pull up various times they have reported on the group here and there.

It's not as if "antifa" were a single, monolithic organization.

I didn't say they were, its how they are reported on.

It seems to me that there are many disparate groups that use "antifa" in their names. In this case, I think the organization involved is "SmashRacismDC".

Whatever name participates in the same thing. Claiming to be anti fascist while behaving like a fascist.

Okay, it's violent and hateful, but how is it hypocritical?

Didn't you say the following?

That's inaccurate; they may be hypocritical, but that doesn't make them false or their accusations false

In respects to them being designated a terrorist organization

No, not as far as I know; however, some of their activities have been designated as terroristic.
A response in 2018 stated that Federal Law does not have a "mechanism for formally designating domestic terrorist organizations"

Source: APNews

I will agree here, I should have rather asked whether The Department of Homeland Security had formally classified activities of so-called anti-fascist or “antifa” groups as “domestic terrorist violence, since that is really what is speaking of in regards to their tactics. DHS Formally Calls Activities Of Antifa ‘Domestic Terrorist Violence’

Well, you seem to be calling them "hypocrites" for using violence. I don't see that that qualifies as hypocrisy.

No I'm not, it was you who responded to me saying,

That's inaccurate; they may be hypocritical, but that doesn't make them false or their accusations false

I believe they are hateful and fascistic and true to their own hatefulness. But I will say it now that I think it is hypocrital to call someone a fascist (who is not violent or fascist) and behave towards them as a fascist would (by using violence) but never see their own self as the fascists they really are) which is who they claim to hate. Loathing others (while projecting what they are onto others) never loathing themselves for their own disgusting behavior.

And once again here

You're calling them "hypocrites" and "liars". I don't believe you are correct in that.

I was pointing out to you that don't have to be one or the other (as even scripture shows) and it was you who stated that they may be hypocritical (but not false or liars for whatever your reason might be) whether you feel they don't accuse others falsely (or they don't attack others under a false pretense).

I would love to go round and round with you but I am moving on.

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whose own conflating? Antifa's? Even if that is true, do you think it is right to turn around and do the same thing to innocent leftists?

I honestly cannot follow you, I don't see Tucker Carlson doing to those who showed up at his home what they did to him (or believe they are innocent leftists) but guilty (not innocent).

Sorry, I cannot follow your posts

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I mean, it's unsavoury obviously but it's hardly terrorist.

Doxxing is always a tool of a most vicious kind. Knowing that people will use the information to inflict harm it is like setting off a detonator to see if anyone around has some explosives to go with it.

The ONLY thing for good people of conscience to do is to speak AGAINST the kind of rhetoric that Sean and Tucker and the other Alt-Right Adjacent mouthpieces peddle. It is not a guarantee that we are living through the early 1930's. Doxxing and personally endangering these people is not something that folks on the Left can support. It is dangerous. As dangerous as someone with a million viewers sitting around every night soaking those viewers in hatred and bile.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
They pretty much go around as the false accusers they are. Accusing others of doing what they themselves do. I suppose they are unable to see the amount of hatred in themselves.

I greatly dislike the more militant and threatening things Antifa does as such I'm NOT in favor of their actions. BUT, that being said, look at the name "Anti-facist". These people, in some way, see themselves in the role of the hypothetical time-traveler who could go back to Weimar Germany knowing what would happen in the future and attempting to stop Hitler.

I know that's pretty extreme to compare Trump to Hitler and it is quite offensive to a lot of well-meaning Americans. But Trump and his associates have espoused some frightening rhetoric and some frightening policies. It's easy to see how some who may be more prone to extremist thinking would take that and run with it thinking they are doing the Lord's work (just a turn of phrase, not intended to be literally the Lord's work).

It's like Christians bombing an abortion clinic. They may honestly and earnestly think they are doing some "good" by stopping something they determine is "evil". Neither is right. Antifa is not helping. Not at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
We're talking about Antifa, who do not represent most liberals.

They are the shock troops of the deep state. Their targets are mostly critics of the current political system - they hate the same people that liberals hate. In that sense, yes they do represent most liberals, even those who would prefer not be associated with them.

• Haha
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I greatly dislike the more militant and threatening things Antifa does as such I'm NOT in favor of their actions. BUT, that being said, look at the name "Anti-facist". These people, in some way, see themselves in the role of the hypothetical time-traveler who could go back to Weimar Germany knowing what would happen in the future and attempting to stop Hitler.

I know that's pretty extreme to compare Trump to Hitler and it is quite offensive to a lot of well-meaning Americans. But Trump and his associates have espoused some frightening rhetoric and some frightening policies. It's easy to see how some who may be more prone to extremist thinking would take that and run with it thinking they are doing the Lord's work (just a turn of phrase, not intended to be literally the Lord's work).

It's like Christians bombing an abortion clinic. They may honestly and earnestly think they are doing some "good" by stopping something they determine is "evil". Neither is right. Antifa is not helping. Not at all.

You gotta look beyond what they call themselves and condemn what they do.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They are the shock troops of the deep state. Their targets are mostly critics of the current political system - they hate the same people that liberals hate. In that sense, yes they do represent most liberals, even those who would prefer not be associated with them.

And in the same vein, neo-nazis hate the people that conservatives hate. In that sense, neo-nazis do represent most conservatives.

Also, when did Tucker Carlson become a critic of the current political system? I mean I know he's a critic of the metric system. Not sure that's political though.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hours after the incident, DC Antifa groups published a document containing the home addresses of Tucker Carlson and his brother Buckley Carlson — along with the addresses of Ann Coulter, Daily Caller’s Neil Patel, and Sean Hannity.

On Facebook, Smash Racism DC has posted a call for more people to swarm the homes of right-wing pundits over their political beliefs. In a post titled “Fascists are vulnerable. Confront them at their homes!“, they wrote that “protecting ourselves and our communities means interfering with those who make a platform for hate.”

View attachment 258580

It’s time for law enforcement to get involved.
"Alt-Right" is another word that has completely lost its meaning.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Also, when did Tucker Carlson become a critic of the current political system? I mean I know he's a critic of the metric system. Not sure that's political though.

What else did you imagine he was? Are you sure you're not confusing him with Sean Hannity?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
You gotta look beyond what they call themselves and condemn what they do.

Looks like you didn't actually read my post for content. Take some time, go back and re-read why I discussed the name.

Then maybe you can spend more time addressing people's points.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What else did you imagine he was?

A ratings grabbing fox news presenter? Since when is being sane and deciding war with Iran is a bad thing equal being a critic of the political system?

Are you sure you're not confusing him with Sean Hannity?

I'd argue thumb-in-a-wig is unconfuseable. Anyhoo, for every carlson the critic I can meet you with Carlson the fan.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟6,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those the media has reported on as being antifa, you would have to watch CNN and the various other media news and pull up various times they have reported on the group here and there.
I didn't say they were, its how they are reported on.
Whatever name participates in the same thing. Claiming to be anti fascist while behaving like a fascist.
Clearly you don't know what fascist means; it does not mean merely violent.

Didn't you say the following?
"May be" is not "is".

In respects to them being designated a terrorist organization
I will agree here, I should have rather asked whether The Department of Homeland Security had formally classified activities of so-called anti-fascist or “antifa” groups as “domestic terrorist violence, since that is really what is speaking of in regards to their tactics. DHS Formally Calls Activities Of Antifa ‘Domestic Terrorist Violence’
Their activities, not them.

No I'm not, it was you who responded to me saying,
I believe they are hateful and fascistic and true to their own hatefulness. But I will say it now that I think it is hypocrital to call someone a fascist (who is not violent or fascist) and behave towards them as a fascist would (by using violence) but never see their own self as the fascists they really are) which is who they claim to hate. Loathing others (while projecting what they are onto others) never loathing themselves for their own disgusting behavior.
Fascism is not simply violence. Look it up.

And once again here
I was pointing out to you that don't have to be one or the other (as even scripture shows)
What? Who said you did? You can be one or the other or neither or both.

and it was you who stated that they may be hypocritical (but not false or liars for whatever your reason might be) whether you feel they don't accuse others falsely (or they don't attack others under a false pretense).
[/quote]Once again "may be" is not "is". I think that "they" are many different groups and we're talking about one particular one, "SmashRacismDC."

I would love to go round and round with you but I am moving on.
And yet you continue to reply:

I honestly cannot follow you, I don't see Tucker Carlson doing to those who showed up at his home what they did to him (or believe they are innocent leftists) but guilty (not innocent).
Yeah, I wasn't saying the people at Mr. Carlson's house were the innocent leftists. Calling those people at his house "leftists" were conflating them with all the innocent leftists who were not at his house, who would never go to his house and who deplore the doxxing and the violence. :doh:

You don't see Mr. Carlson conflating antifa members with leftists in general? Okay, but you would have to look and listen.

Sorry, I cannot follow your posts
Clearly.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like you didn't actually read my post for content.

I actually did read it

Take some time, go back and re-read why I discussed the name.

Okay, I did that for you.

Then maybe you can spend more time addressing people's points.

Okay, I did so below, lets try again...

I greatly dislike the more militant and threatening things Antifa does as such I'm NOT in favor of their actions.

I can sure understand that.

BUT, that being said, look at the name "Anti-facist". These people, in some way, see themselves in the role of the hypothetical time-traveler who could go back to Weimar Germany knowing what would happen in the future and attempting to stop Hitler.

You could think so when you just look at their name

I know that's pretty extreme to compare Trump to Hitler and it is quite offensive to a lot of well-meaning Americans.

Sure, some extremists might have expressed so much

But Trump and his associates have espoused some frightening rhetoric and some frightening policies.

I do understand you feel extremely frightened by the same even though others might not feel that same way.

It's easy to see how some who may be more prone to extremist thinking would take that and run with it thinking they are doing the Lord's work (just a turn of phrase, not intended to be literally the Lord's work).

Extreme thinkers, I understand

Sure neither is right, but as I said before you just gotta look beyond what they call themselves and condemn what they do.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Do me a favor. Consider what Hank said earlier, and rethink this statement. Is it possible you're not looking at all the angles? Hank shows skeptical of the existance of this group, and you say 'that is one reason why I showed their poster also'. Just think about it a little, and get back to us.

Upvote 0