• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Antifa calls for terrorist style tactics

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Jun 23, 2019.

1. carlv_52

carlv_52 Active Member

+433
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    Any details? Was this the event in Portland where Andy Ngo was attacked?

Yup, there's ZERO justification for antifa violence. I think that the Bible teaches us to resist not evil and to turn the other cheek. So when the Neo-Nazi groups on the Right spawn killers like James Fields, Jr who murdered the woman in Charlottesville do their thing the Left must ALWAYS be the higher moral authority and step away.

I think that a lot of folks on the Left really are scared that violent hate groups (like the Neo Nazis who often march and espouse openly a philosophy of pure hatred and who admire murderers and genocidal madmen) will one day actually attempt to recreate history and take their hatred further. Think about how many "thought experiments" we run "If you could travel back in time to see Hitler before he became Fuhrer....", well I think a lot of people are wondering if, in about 50 to 60 years we will look back on the Neo-nazi marchers and the rise of violent nationalism as something people of the time SHOULD have stood up against. But that would be jumping the gun in a manner of speaking. The violent Right has yet to do more than just a couple of killings (assuming we are no longer counting things like Oklahoma City back in the 90's). Usually homegrown terrorist organizations are, historically, Right Wing, but it would be wrong to pre-emptively attack them or do them physical harm until they've actually decreed their overall intent as murder (as opposed to just occasional ones driving into crowds).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+937
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes the Andy Ngo incident was very disturbing. HERE Warning the video of the assault is not fun to watch. I'm sure most people on either side would not approve.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. carlv_52

carlv_52 Active Member

+433
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    Yup, that's pretty messed up. I hope the police track down the assailants.

4. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,458
    Baptist
    Married
    Why would they? They were issued stand down orders.

5. PeachyKeane

PeachyKeane Newbie

+3,534
    Presbyterian
    Married
    I just saw pictures of Andy Ngo. That's not acceptable.

6. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,996
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    79EC2678-0DF7-4D57-89CA-5C1DF4984C7A.jpeg

7. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,996
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Once the lawsuits take place, I have a feeling they will tone it way down.

8. PeachyKeane

PeachyKeane Newbie

+3,534
    Presbyterian
    Married
    What lawsuits? Who are they going to sue? Antifa? The Proud Boys? Good luck with that.

9. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    Not true. Nazis hate Jews but conservatives dont.

10. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,285
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON
    Thread has undergone some cleanup.
    Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.

MOD HAT OFF

11. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,996
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you