Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Do you mean to tell me that the 30+ people I know are lying to me about their belief in this matter? Why?

It's sort of like the movie Fight Club. Except instead of a club that exists and that nobody is allowed to talk about, you have a club that doesn't exist and everyone talks about it.

Kind of brilliant when you think about it.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's sort of like the movie Fight Club. Except instead of a club that exists and that nobody is allowed to talk about, you have a club that doesn't exist and everyone talks about it.

Kind of brilliant when you think about it.

I have trouble believing you are serious.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To truly settle the question, an observer needs to get "out of the system." On the Earth's surface, that is to say, IN the system, the debate can go on. However, if some observer is UP THERE, looking down at the Earth, the debate should be resolved. Um...do we not have video from the ISS showing more than one orbit around the Earth? How can a flat-earther answer that...? Again, selective evidence, as I said.

Flat-earthers have nothing to fear but sphere itself.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
However, why would the pilot's personal beliefs regarding the shape of the Earth matter in regard to him or her keeping their job? Did he or she cease to be learned in flying planes?

As I said, the curvature of the earth is clearly apparent from the cockpit. I would never fly in a plane piloted by someone who did not believe what he sees with his own eyes. Neither would any other rational passenger. And the airlines know this.

Furthermore, the mere existence of independent high altitude video footage, showing a level and flat surface of the Earth, makes your question regarding curvature at 30+ thousand feet moot. However, I do think it's a good question and deserves further research.

If such long distance photos exist (meaning it's not a close-up,) it's as fake as the Bigfoot video. Every high-altitude photo or video of the Earth I've ever seen--such as those from a satellite or the Space Shuttle--shows a spherical planet. If the Earth wasn't a sphere, why would there be such an elaborate ruse to make it so? It makes no sense that if the Earth was really flat, this fact would be covered up. What would anyone gain by it?

BTW: Here's another flat-earth inconsistency. Have you ever watched a ship sailing away from shore? I have. My wife's sisters live in the Milwaukee are and we visit them in the summer. I've been on the lakefront with binoculars watching the ferry boats leave to cross Lake Michigan. Of course, the ships appear smaller as they get farther away. But they disappear from view in stages. First you lose sight of the hull. After a while, the superstructure goes away. Finally, the mast can't be seen. These vessels are obviously on a downward vector as they get farther from shore. That can only happen if the lake's surface is curving away from you. If the earth was flat, the image would get smaller as the distance increased, but all parts of the ship would still be visible. Do you doubt this?

• Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To truly settle the question, an observer needs to get "out of the system." On the Earth's surface, that is to say, IN the system, the debate can go on. However, if some observer is UP THERE, looking down at the Earth, the debate should be resolved. Um...do we not have video from the ISS showing more than one orbit around the Earth? How can a flat-earther answer that...? Again, selective evidence, as I said.

Flat-earthers have nothing to fear but sphere itself.

If an organization or individual is caught in fraud, do you continue to trust them?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, you see curvature from a jet plane. You discredit yourself right there. Here are some high altitude balloons at 22 miles high, no curvature. Yhat's over 125,000 feet and no plane flies that high.

The fact is, the horizon ALWAYS rises to eye level which is impossible on a globe. On a ball the higher you go the lower the horizon becomes as it is travelling AWAY from you. Youwill see in these videos that the horizon ALWAYS rises to eye level and I have videos from 470,000 feet and 186 MILES high. When will accept the clear and plan scripture describing the earth, sun, moon and cosmos?

The Best Flat Earth High Altitude Footage - My Personal Favorite

4 minutes

Footage of our Beautiful Flat Earth (22 Miles Up)

3 minutes
Those videos have been altered to remove the curvature.

Well, that was easy :)

• Haha
Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BTW: Here's another flat-earth inconsistency. Have you ever watched a ship sailing away from shore? I have. My wife's sisters live in the Milwaukee are and we visit them in the summer. I've been on the lakefront with binoculars watching the ferry boats leave to cross Lake Michigan. Of course, the ships appear smaller as they get farther away. But they disappear from view in stages. First you lose sight of the hull. After a while, the superstructure goes away. Finally, the mast can't be seen. These vessels are obviously on a downward vector as they get farther from shore. That can only happen if the lake's surface is curving away from you. If the earth was flat, the image would get smaller as the distance increased, but all parts of the ship would still be visible. Do you doubt this?

Ships disappearing over the horizon are not proof of either model, in my opinion. Have you done any optics tests?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.