Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Care to elaborate and provide evidence for this conspiracy against the people?

That's the conspiracy: the entire flat Earth movement is trying to convince people that flat Earthers actually exist. When they actually don't. ;)

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Have flat earthers never flown in a plane? When the plane is at altitude, and you look out the window on a clear day, the horizon is obviously curved. No matter which direction you fly--north-south or east-west--the curvature is the same at the same altitude. And the higher your altitude, the greater the curvature. I've flown hundreds of times and have seen this with my own eyes. How is this possible if the planet is flat? Do they think that all aircraft manufacturers conspire to install some kind of trick windows that make the only the distant horizon look curved? Only a monumentally gullible fool would believe such idiocy.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because someone stands up for something doesn't make what they are standing up for any less ridiculous.

Also, people disagreeing with you isn't persecution.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Go to Australia, or South Africa, or South America.
Go outside on a clear night.
Point to Polaris, or Ursa Major, or Cassiopeia.

Go to somewhere in North America or Europe.
Go outside on a clear night.
Point to the Southern Cross.

Flat Earth Southern Stars - Solved - Part 1 & 2
About 3 minutes each and I'm sorry if you can't comprehend these videos - It's Reality

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They say you cant see the curve from a plane. They throw up all sorts of arguments
Yeah, you see curvature from a jet plane. You discredit yourself right there. Here are some high altitude balloons at 22 miles high, no curvature. Yhat's over 125,000 feet and no plane flies that high.

The fact is, the horizon ALWAYS rises to eye level which is impossible on a globe. On a ball the higher you go the lower the horizon becomes as it is travelling AWAY from you. Youwill see in these videos that the horizon ALWAYS rises to eye level and I have videos from 470,000 feet and 186 MILES high. When will accept the clear and plan scripture describing the earth, sun, moon and cosmos?

The Best Flat Earth High Altitude Footage - My Personal Favorite

4 minutes

Footage of our Beautiful Flat Earth (22 Miles Up)

3 minutes

Reactions: Zetetica
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Flat Earth Southern Stars - Solved - Part 1 & 2
About 3 minutes each and I'm sorry if you can't comprehend these videos - It's Reality

Reality? You sure? I would say funny myself

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, you see curvature from a jet plane. You discredit yourself right there. Here are some high altitude balloons at 22 miles high, no curvature. Yhat's over 125,000 feet and no plane flies that high.

The fact is, the horizon ALWAYS rises to eye level which is impossible on a globe. On a ball the higher you go the lower the horizon becomes as it is travelling AWAY from you. Youwill see in these videos that the horizon ALWAYS rises to eye level and I have videos from 470,000 feet and 186 MILES high. When will accept the clear and plan scripture describing the earth, sun, moon and cosmos?

The Best Flat Earth High Altitude Footage - My Personal Favorite

4 minutes

Footage of our Beautiful Flat Earth (22 Miles Up)

3 minutes

Cgi

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have flat earthers never flown in a plane? When the plane is at altitude, and you look out the window on a clear day, the horizon is obviously curved. No matter which direction you fly--north-south or east-west--the curvature is the same at the same altitude. And the higher your altitude, the greater the curvature. I've flown hundreds of times and have seen this with my own eyes. How is this possible if the planet is flat? Do they think that all aircraft manufacturers conspire to install some kind of trick windows that make the only the distant horizon look curved? Only a monumentally gullible fool would believe such idiocy.

Curious... Perhaps go tell the pilots who believe the Earth is flat this fact of yours?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's simple logic. Nobody believes the Earth is the flat. Therefore anyone claiming the Earth is flat is pulling your leg.

Easy peazy ;)

I know a good thirty people who believe the Earth is flat, not including myself. Seems your statement is in error.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I know a good thirty people who believe the Earth is flat, not including myself. Seems your statement is in error.

Those people merely are trying to convince others that Flat Earthers are real, but they do not actually believe it themselves.

As I said, Flat Earthers don't really exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Curious... Perhaps go tell the pilots who believe the Earth is flat this fact of yours?

Are their such pilots? I doubt any professional pilot who wants to keep to keep his job would let his air carrier know he really thinks the earth is flat.

Still doesn't answer how a planar earth would have a curved horizon. Which would also be clearly visible from the cockpit.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are their such pilots? I doubt any professional pilot who wants to keep to keep his job would let his air carrier know he really thinks the earth is flat.

Still doesn't answer how a planar earth would have a curved horizon. Which would also be clearly visible from the cockpit.

Yes, there are such pilots and they do risk their job in expressing their belief.

However, why would the pilot's personal beliefs regarding the shape of the Earth matter in regard to him or her keeping their job? Did he or she cease to be learned in flying planes?

Furthermore, the mere existence of independent high altitude video footage, showing a level and flat surface of the Earth, makes your question regarding curvature at 30+ thousand feet moot. However, I do think it's a good question and deserves further research.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.