• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Another Argument Against Flat Earth

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Steve Petersen, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritualBeing

SpiritualBeing Active Member

+181
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Actually if you want to get technical images from video cameras are created from light sensitive microchips but I get what you are saying.

2. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,212
    Seeker
    You know, for a guy who said it was pointless to try and prove things to one side or another, you sure seem to spend a lot of time trying to prove things to one side or another.

3. patrick jane

patrick jane MAD Bible Believer Supporter

+1,300
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    What's to discuss, you're totally wrong?

4. Freodin

Freodin Devout believer in a theologically different God

+2,678
    Atheist
    Am I? You think so?
    Then show me. I gave a detailed explanation for my problems with this video you posted.
    "Discussing" it... as I asked you to do, and you agreed to do... doesn't mean simply stating "You're totally wrong."

Let's take just one single point. Your video - something that you brought on - claims that "gravity" is a pushing force based on the diamagnetic attributes of matter.

I explained why this is not possible.

Now it is your turn to explain how it is possible.

Responding to criticism. Giving explanations. That is what science is about. Telling others "accept what I tell you without pointing out the flaws or asking questions"... that is indoctrination.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+3,762
    Atheist
    It's computer generated imagery based on real data which had to be processed into an image. iThe astronomers spent considerable time developing algorithms that would be able to render the radio data as an image, by running them against the same type of data generated from known images, to see how accurately they could reproduce the original images. When the algorithms had been tuned to turn the test data into an accurate representation of the source images, they used them on the real data. But as they were observing radio waves, the colouring is necessarily artificial - picked to look good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  6. SpiritualBeing

SpiritualBeing Active Member

+181
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    98E914F5-5C13-4437-97BA-DD8A1B87F084.jpeg

7. patrick jane

+1,300
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    PILOT TESTIMONY and FOOTAGE - VISIBILITY OVER 1,250 MILES - IMPOSSIBLE ON a GLOBE

At 1,000 miles. the top of Mt. Everest should be 126 MILES BELOW THE CURVE; BELOW THE HORIZON !!! WE SEE AT LEAST 1,250 HERE.

6 minutes

8. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinator

+4,299
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    You do know that lying is wrong, don't you? You do understand the deceitful way the pilot's words have been misrepresented, don't you? You do recognise the manipulative misrepresentation of images that has taken place, don't you? You do realise we are not blithering idiots?

You don't? Hmm. I wonder why.

9. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+757
    Non-Denom
    Married
    [​IMG]

10. Freodin

Freodin Devout believer in a theologically different God

+2,678
    Atheist
    Oh, look, a new video from the guy who posts videos, promises to discuss the claims made in the video and then refuses to do so.

So may think that this is a little bit... dishonest.

And here I was thinking you used the time of silence to think about the points of criticism I made and come up with some good explanations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. patrick jane

+1,300
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    That's great - Reported and hopefully the thread will be closed.

12. patrick jane

+1,300
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    The truth is hard to swallow, I understand and I'm praying for you.

13. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,179
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON
    Closed for review
    MOD HAT OFF

14. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,179
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON
    Closed permanently. Multiple rules violations.
    MOD HAT OFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.