Amityville Horror situation again. Please pray.

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Some of you already know that my husband was probably involved in the occult. After his passing my house went into Amityville Horror mode. Doors opened and closed by themselves, the TV turned itself on and off, stuff like that. Most times it's not too bad and I try to ignore it. But lately it's gotten much worse (since I started doing a novena at home nightly).
Yesterday, I went into the bathroom and there was ONE fly buzzing around, so I went to get the fly swatter. When I got back to the bathroom (2 minutes later) there were 10+ flies flying all over the place. I left again and went to get some bug spray and when I got back there were NO flies anywhere.
I also have an ear infection that comes and goes (been to the doctor 3x over it).
Please pray a full covering of protection over me regarding my house and health. I pray 3 different prayers nightly from prayer cards from my church and I read the bible too. I go to church 2x-3x weekly and I just did confession last Sunday. So, I'm doing all I can to combat this. I need some prayer warriors to help me battle this.
Thanks and God Bless!
C J
P.S. As I type this, my computer is flickering. (It never does that normally.)
oh my that is terribly frightening. yeah, I think there's some infestation going on. keep fighting:)

Upvote 0

Astridhere

Jul 30, 2011
I live in rural NSW, Australia
✟1,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there is something going on out there we do not understand. Ghosts, spirits demons and all this begs the question what does the bible have to say about it. All I can recall is the warning to stay away from the occult. The bible also speaks to the disciples casting demons out. That is why I support exorcism over incantations etc. To me, anyway, using an occult practice is only opening any door wider, only giving more validation, to a practice God has forbidden. So as a Christian I would not burn incense for cleansing purposes.

I do not remember anything that speaks or relates to ghosts, or being half dead, though, in the bible. This is why I think if anything spooky is amiss, satan and his cohorts are at the base of it.

I also have to say that I have dabbled in the occult many years ago and it spooked me so much that I let it go. I enhanced dreaming with crystals. I'll never go there again.

One lady I know went into the home of a friend that had a piece of jewellry stollen and she described the person that took it. The other friend immediately knew who that was. Police were involved (the clairvoyant was not mentioned) and this led to the recovery of the item. This clairvoyant however, is a really ill woman with multiple complaints, struggles financially, nonharmonius relationship, and so it does not appear that her clairvoyance is of any advantage to her, personally. It appears that apart from those that make a business from the occult it does not help the practioners a whole lot.

But the thing is, no matter what is going on, or if it is satanic or ghostly, it must be horrific.

I have not followed the whole story, Crystal, but it appears this is not just one house. It, whatever it is, is following you. What on earth is going on? I can't help but think there is an item, perhaps one used in some ritual, that is travelling with Crystal.

Crystal, your not dabbling are you? Even something as apparantly harmless as Tarot may keep this thing going. I don't know. However to have this happen more than once in a life time, is concerning.

Do you have anything given to you as a child from your parents still or anything from the old house perhaps? Were your parents into the occult or do you think it was just a spooked house you used to live in?

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2011
✟8,294.00
Faith
Catholic
Cuz it's way more than that. It's the TV turning itself on while I'm talking to my friends about the bible (disrupting the studies). It's a door opening itself while I'm trying to read the bible (and that's a door that is in good condition, so there's no reason it should open). It's my rosary being on the table one minute and being GONE the next when I was the only one home. That's happened twice. The last time that happened I prayed I'd get it back and the next day it was laying next to my chair. It happened for the second time a few months ago and I tore the house apart looking for it and have yet to find it. It my husband's cell phone ringing when the company turned it off a year before and the battery was dead. And when I tried to answer it, all you'd hear is static. (That went on for a month after he died.)
As far as the flies in the bathroom, there was no way for a fly to get to the bathroom. The 'barn door' is slightly too big for the doorway, so when you shut it, it's a very snug fit. And the window in that room is sealed shut. Unless they came through the wall, I don't know how they go in there cuz I keep the door to the bathroom shut to keep the humidity out of the rest of the house in this hot weather.
I could go on and on cuz stuff like this happens a lot. But, I don't want this post to be a mile long.
Hope that clears things up for you.
God Bless,
C J

Look at it this way. Before the church says its supernatural first they exclude other things. You have excluded that it is anything but supernatural from the get go. The other way round!!! I think its just normal that things like this happen in run down houses. Blessing the house won't solve the problem but if psychologically you feel better doing it go ahead. At least it well get rid of the paranoia.

Are you telling me bibles just disappear on their own without someone physically moving them (spirits aren't physical otherwise they would be physical and not spirits in the first place!) and that tvs just turn on on their own? Do you have a pet?

Anyway turning to the real impo stuff. Have you ever heard of a tv show called monster house on discovery life channel? Its about renovating run down houses for free (terrific stuff awesome really!). Try that. You might get lucky. :p

Phone the channel. Tell them the situation. They will take a look at the house. If its half as run down as you say it is they'll do it-that's what the show is all about!!!. Tell them about your hubby in the occult and everything you said here. Tv channels like spooky and controversial stuff-it sells. That's why the da vinci code is so popular.

If you're lucky they might renovate it for free...Plus you get to go on tv! LOL

Ask your next door neighbors to give you a hand to renovate your home. You're a single parent there must be someone out there who's willing to help! Hope he shows up soon! Why not ask the priest for some charity work instead of blessing? Ask him to tell people at mass to help you with renovating your house or tell him to pay for it (that's charity my dear that's what real charity is helping each other out and more so to those in need and yup you are in need that's why you posted here in the 1st place).

These are just some ideas on how to renovate your house without spending money and solving the problem. there's others out there I'm sure.

hope you solve the problem soon. :) Keep us informed :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Look at it this way. Before the church says its supernatural first they exclude other things. You have excluded that it is anything but supernatural from the get go. The other way round!!! I think its just normal that things like this happen in run down houses. Blessing the house won't solve the problem but if psychologically you feel better doing it go ahead. At least it well get rid of the paranoia.

Neitz . . cell phones that have been dead for a year just don't suddenly turn on and begin ringing...... there is no natural phenomena that would explain that.

A

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2011
✟8,294.00
Faith
Catholic

Neitz . . cell phones that have been dead for a year just don't suddenly turn on and begin ringing...... there is no natural phenomena that would explain that.

A

LOL and satan with an iphone "calling home" can? Who's he ET?

ROFL

You've seen too many horror movies folks and have been literally spooked out. This goes beyond impression. This is deep psychological trauma.

If I can't use my phone because I stopped paying I can still receive phone calls. Folks please I feel like John Proctor in Arthur Miller's The Crucible with Abigail Williams and the other girls pretending there's spirits. With the black woman hanged because she put toads in a cauldron...please. -_-'

Any way read the book or watch the movie I recommend it.

The house is run down. I hope she finds a way to renovate it. I even took the time to come up with some ideas. No good? Ok. fine. Go to Lourdes and get some holy water there. If you wanna go supernatural you better do it extreme then.

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My goodness. It does no harm to ask God to bless her or anyone's house, the rooms etc. We all bless ourselves with the sign of the cross upon entering Church and there are those who do so at home as well. To ask God's blessings upon an object or a person is not wrong.

However to ask that which is evil in etc is not good at all. Evil comes from it. If you believe in God then you must believe in Satan. Can't have half of the cake of Christianity.

So Crystal have the Priest bless your home. (Our home is blessed by a wonderful priest and no sign of evil in here but a good thing to do. Periodically I pray God to watch over my home and all in it.) Continue your prayers and we here will pray for you as well.

And if perchance you take the advice and find someone to help you fix your home, hoorah! :)

God bless you and your home. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
LOL and satan with an iphone "calling home" can? Who's he ET?

ROFL

You've seen too many horror movies folks and have been literally spooked out. This goes beyond impression. This is deep psychological trauma.

If I can't use my phone because I stopped paying I can still receive phone calls.

With a DEAD battery?

You have a cell phone that can receive phone calls with a battery that has been DEAD for a YEAR?

Are you serious?

Upvote 0

Astridhere

Jul 30, 2011
I live in rural NSW, Australia
✟1,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, Crystal, on thinking about this, I think it may simply be happening again because you are a good Christian. For some reason, Crystal, you have been targeted. Two unprovoked experiences for no reason on your part, is really something. I would be terrrified. I wonder if there is any connection between your past experiences and these ones now. I wonder why some Christians and not others, even some non-Christians and not others. Some occultists have their problems stop straight away with cessation of practice and some do not.

You need to follow the advice of speaking to a priest if the blessings and other things do not work. You appear to be doing everything you can and it is not enough. You need help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Basil the Great

I do not want us to scare her needlessly. We do not know if this is demonic possession. I tend to doubt it, unless she reports more serious incidents. Based upon everything I have seen on tv (Celebrity Ghost Stories, My Ghost Story, etc) and read, the vast majority of hauntings appear to be human spirits and not demons. These souls are apparently trapped in Limbo or Purgatory, though I suppose they could be in Hell.

Lady Bug - It appears that homes can be de-haunted, though not all attempts to do so are successful. Some people report that all supernatural activity ends, while others give up trying to cleanse a house and decide to depart for greener pastures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LinuxUser

Jun 1, 2011
in a house :)
✟1,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
so if a house is haunted, it can be "de"haunted? or is there always some spirit lingering no matter what? (I feel like it's a dumb question)
It can be un haunted if it's a ghost. Jason and Grant from TAPS (ghosthunters on TV) tell a lot of their house clients to be frim and let them know you don't want them to be there and it's your house. If it's a demon than it will need to be exercised by a Priest

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
It can be un haunted if it's a ghost. Jason and Grant from TAPS (ghosthunters on TV) tell a lot of their house clients to be frim and let them know you don't want them to be there and it's your house. If it's a demon than it will need to be exercised by a Priest

Ummm I would not go by what TV celebrities say about what is or is not a ghost or how to deal with it.

An exorcists of the Catholic Church is the only way one should deal with this.

Reactions: ex-pat
Upvote 0

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not us to scare her needlessly. We do not know if this is demonic possession. I tend to doubt it, unless she reports more serious incidents. Based upon everything I have seen on tv (Celebrity Ghost Stories, My Ghost Story, etc) and read, the vast majority of hauntings appear to be human spirits and not demons. These souls are apparently trapped in Limbo or Purgatory, though I suppose they could be in Hell.

Lady Bug - It appears that homes can be de-haunted, though not all attempts to do so are successful. Some people report that all supernatural activity ends, while others give up trying to cleanse a house and decide to depart for greener pastures.

I trust her intuition after she dealt with obviously demonic activity in her old house. If what she claims happened actually happened, then the deluded ones here are not those of us telling her to call a priest. I understand the hesitance, but I think it's clear that she's had a history of demonic activity, and to deny it (Nietzche...) is going into denial.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Basil the Great

Ummm I would not go by what TV celebrities say about what is or is not a ghost or how to deal with it.

An exorcists of the Catholic Church is the only way one should deal with this.

As you have no doubt heard, the Church authorities are often reluctant to authorize an exorcism. Hopefully such will not be necessary here.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think there is something going on out there we do not understand. Ghosts, spirits demons and all this begs the question what does the bible have to say about it. All I can recall is the warning to stay away from the occult. The bible also speaks to the disciples casting demons out. That is why I support exorcism over incantations etc. To me, anyway, using an occult practice is only opening any door wider, only giving more validation, to a practice God has forbidden. So as a Christian I would not burn incense for cleansing purposes.

I do not remember anything that speaks or relates to ghosts, or being half dead, though, in the bible. This is why I think if anything spooky is amiss, satan and his cohorts are at the base of it.

I also have to say that I have dabbled in the occult many years ago and it spooked me so much that I let it go. I enhanced dreaming with crystals. I'll never go there again.

One lady I know went into the home of a friend that had a piece of jewellry stollen and she described the person that took it. The other friend immediately knew who that was. Police were involved (the clairvoyant was not mentioned) and this led to the recovery of the item. This clairvoyant however, is a really ill woman with multiple complaints, struggles financially, nonharmonius relationship, and so it does not appear that her clairvoyance is of any advantage to her, personally. It appears that apart from those that make a business from the occult it does not help the practioners a whole lot.

But the thing is, no matter what is going on, or if it is satanic or ghostly, it must be horrific.

I have not followed the whole story, Crystal, but it appears this is not just one house. It, whatever it is, is following you. What on earth is going on? I can't help but think there is an item, perhaps one used in some ritual, that is travelling with Crystal.

Crystal, your not dabbling are you? Even something as apparantly harmless as Tarot may keep this thing going. I don't know. However to have this happen more than once in a life time, is concerning.

Do you have anything given to you as a child from your parents still or anything from the old house perhaps? Were your parents into the occult or do you think it was just a spooked house you used to live in?

I've never dabbled in the occult, but have been around people who do. My babysitter as a child was a self described "gypsy" who was deeply into astrology. (She was from Hungry and was married by 13 years old.) She firmly believed in werewolves and Dracula. That was my first experience with the occult. (I was 5 years old.) She taught me how to read the astrological charts and talked about lucky charms and other things related to the occult. For example, she wouldn't let me take the back path home because a werewolf could get me. She always told me to take the public street home (even though that was more dangerous cuz of traffic) because werewolves can't be on public streets (something like that).
There was a long gap after that, then some of my sisters started doing seance type stuff at their parties and I saw that. I was about 10. Then, nothing after that until I met my husband. He didn't openly expose me to the occult, he kept that interest to himself. After he died, I found drawings and paintings that he created with Satan in them. (He's a good artist, so they looked very real--and scary!) I also found books with pictures of demons in them. He also was obsessed with Dantes' inferno and the levels of hell. He had hundreds of books about Hitler, Stalin and demons. He was obsessed. He would sit for hours and watch TV shows about Hitler. I couldn't stomach them, so I always stayed upstairs and watched something else. When I brought a Priest to his hospital room to give him last rites, I asked him if he wanted me to leave the room so he could do confession and he said "No--I'm good." If I was that close to the end, I would be confessing for hours. (But, I'm glad the priest was there to bless him anyway.) I've always had a feeling that something was around me, but it's never been this dark. Before, it was just a vague feeling that there was another plane of existence. I never had this kind of experience before my husband passed away. This is different. It's more negative and aggressive.

I feel it's more the people I was around than me myself. I've always been interested in the bible and learning about religion. It took me a while to find my way--but, I think I'm on the right path now. I'm going to church often, praying and reading the bible. I grew up in a Catholic family that wasn't very devout. We would go to church, but religion was never a part of our daily lives. So, I was often confused and uneducated regarding the Church. I kept going to church over the years (sporadically) but it wasn't until I joined the church I'm in now and started reading the bible that my knowledge took off. (That was about the time this "haunting" got really bad.) So, it could be related.
I'll stop here since this post is so long. Hope it cleared things up for you.
Thanks and God Bless all!
C J

Upvote 0