American Teachers Resign Over Oddly Similar Circumstances...

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,038.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The point that you have obviously missed is that if you have subconscious ideas or bias, then you don't have any clue about them either.

Don't you think that you may have some? Maybe you don't. Maybe it's just the rest of us.

It incredulous that you might believe what anyone's subconscious bias' might be.

In this discussion it's totally based on racial bias of white people. Do you honestly believe you have any clue as to what anyone else's subconscious bias' might be?

If not, then why even bring it up in a conversation about systemic racism?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟736,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
WHy woul
Come back to us when you have evidence that individual experiences prove systemic racism.

You have no evidence that what you say is true so why should we believe you?
d I lie? I have experienced all kinds of racist situations but you would not believe me it seems unless I took a bigot to court and won. People know when they are being sigled out people can tell when they are being treated differently than others. If you don't believe it that's your thing but you are just closing your eyes to it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,038.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Where? Last I heard it was an academic theory not some sort of practical application model. So where is it being "used as a club"?

Didn't you read the OP? That's a club. And any training that indoctrinates children to believe they are racist due to the color of their skin is a club. Or as a matter of fact anyone that is indoctrinated with that is facing the club. The club of your are a racist, even it you may not know it.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟736,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Where did I say that? Why are you still attempting to make me say something I didn't? Where on earth did I say racism doesn't exist unless proven in court?

This is a real problem with the left. No matter how often you say something they are dishonest about what you said.
You keep talking about "evidence, evidence, where's your evidence" Evidence makes me think of court. You have never been discriminated against or singled out or made the scaoegoat? I have and it's not pleasant.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,038.00
Faith
Pentecostal
WHy woul

d I lie? I have experienced all kinds of racist situations but you would not believe me it seems unless I took a bigot to court and won. People know when they are being sigled out people can tell when they are being treated differently than others. If you don't believe it that's your thing but you are just closing your eyes to it.

Once again I ask, where anyone said no one has experienced racist acts? Until you do, there is no reason to keep going with this conversation.
Where has any one claimed no one has experienced racist acts.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟736,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Once again I ask, where anyone said no one has experienced racist acts? Until you do, there is no reason to keep going with this conversation.
Where has any one claimed no one has experienced racist acts.
So we experience racist acts however there is no such thing as systemic racism?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,038.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You keep talking about "evidence, evidence, where's your evidence" Evidence makes me think of court. You have never been discriminated against or singled out or made the scaoegoat? I have and it's not pleasant.

Your claim is that it's everywhere and systemic. Yet you have not provided any evidence to that. None.

You said "many and everywhere". Yet have not provided any evidence of many or everywhere.

Who are these CEOs and what companies do they work for. I'd like to know. Cause if you have any actual evidence of it then I would like to not support them with my dollars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟257,466.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It incredulous that you might believe what anyone's subconscious bias' might be.

In this discussion it's totally based on racial bias of white people. Do you honestly believe you have any clue as to what anyone else's subconscious bias' might be?

If not, then why even bring it up in a conversation about systemic racism?

I really can't understand how you can ask a question like that if you'd been following the conversation. I get so many Groundhog Day sensations in this forum, it's not funny.

It seems that you have a view on this subject and it doesn't matter where the conversation goes, you're going to beat that horse carcasse to a bloody pulp.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,038.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I really can't understand how you can ask a question like that if you'd been following the conversation. I get so many Groundhog Day sensations in this forum, it's not funny.

It seems that you have a view on this subject and it doesn't matter where the conversation goes, you're going to beat that horse carcasse to a bloody pulp.

That cause you guys keep claiming subconscious racial bias. We wouldn't have to beat a horse if you didn't keep draging him out.

Just like rturner who keeps dragging out that we are claiming there isn't any racism. We wouldn't have to beat that one either if it wasn't dragged out.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟915,458.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Didn't you read the OP? That's a club. And any training that indoctrinates children to believe they are racist due to the color of their skin is a club. Or as a matter of fact anyone that is indoctrinated with that is facing the club. The club of your are a racist, even it you may not know it.
How is some guy quitting due to being fined for vaccine refusal a CRT club?

Lets take a look shall we?

What is Deep Equity?

Show us in this program "training that indoctrinates children to believe they are racist due to the color of their skin" because I am not seeing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,038.00
Faith
Pentecostal

What is Deep Equity?

Show us in this program "training that indoctrinates children to believe they are racist due to the color of their skin" because I am not seeing it.

The link really is a whole lot of nothing.

Hmm...
English teacher has resigned from a top New Jersey prep school that is using critical race theory to create a “hostile culture of conformity and fear” — causing white and male students to believe they are “oppressors,” she said.

But I'm not surprised you can't see it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

What is Deep Equity?

Here's one of their "training materials "...

Deep_Equity-White_Allies_Action_Agenda.png

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟257,466.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well if you don't know which ones I have....how are you going to point them out?

If being obtuse was an Olypic sport, you'd win gold every time.

This is just me. But if I were to discuss crt with some young people I would begin by explaining that everyone has a subconscious that affects a lot of what we do. I'd use umpteen examples of how this works in practice. And as we'd be relating this to racism and I'd ask for a show of hands as to who considered themselves racist. No hands would go up.

Then I'd show them results of psychological tests and experiments that would indicate that we all have a tendency to prefer our own 'group' whether it was their classmates versus another class or their school over another, or their team over another or their country etc. (I wouldn't ask any of them to do these tests). And I'd ask if this tendency towards one's group might include ethnic background. I'd expect to see a reasonable amount of agreement.

For those that didn't agree, I'd show them more experiments and tests that show that this is indeed the case. And then I'd ask if this subconscious bias might result in one group being disadvantaged over another. And I'd ask for examples. I'd expect quite a few.

Then I'd suggest that any disadvantage one group was under was not, therefore, based on rational thought (although I'd ask for examples of overt racism and expect a lot of examples) but subconscious bias. So that we could not be individually blamed for something that was not under our direct control. But...if it does lead to problems then I'd ask if anyone had any solutions to combat them.

Upvote 0