American Public Schools, The Liberal Incubator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Meet the fathers of American modern public education.

Meet Daniel Coit Gillman, John Dewey, And James McKeen Cattel, fathers of our American public education system.

Daniel Gillman was father of post graduate education, and don't forget that he was a member and trustee to the infamous "Skull And Bones", a well known occultic org.

John Dewey was the 20th centuries father of secular humanism, a staunch liberal, and he built the American school system around his philosophy, using it as a platform for social reform.

James McKeen Cattle believed in genetic inheritance, and built his philosophy upon Charles Darwins Theory of evolution.

Wikipedia: Prussian Education System

The Prussian education system refers to the system of education established in Prussia as a result of educational reforms in the late 18th and early 19th century, which has had widespread influence since.

Compulsory education on the Prussian example was soon mirrored in Scandinavia, and United States started to adopt the Prussian example. Early American adopters include Daniel Coit Gilman, who set up the General Education Board, later renamed the Rockefeller Foundation, and first president of Johns Hopkins, John Dewey at the University of Chicago, James McKeen Cattell at The University of Pennsylvania and Columbia University, Henry Philip Tappan at The University of Michigan, James Earl Russell at the New York College for the Training of Teachers, and many more. France and the UK failed to introduce similar systems until the 1880s.

Daniel Coit Gilman
(/ˈɡɪlmən/; July 6, 1831 – October 13, 1908) was an American educator and academic.[1] Gilman was instrumental in founding the Sheffield Scientific School at Yale College,[2] and subsequently served as the third president of the University of California, as the first president of Johns Hopkins University, and as founding president of the Carnegie Institution. He was also co-founder of the Russell Trust Association, which administers the business affairs of Yale's Skull and Bones society. Gilman served for twenty five years as president of Johns Hopkins; his inauguration in 1876 has been said to mark "the starting point of postgraduate education in the U.S."[3]

Wikipedia: John Dewey (/ˈduːi/; October 20, 1859 – June 1, 1952) was an American philosopher, psychologist, Georgist, and educational reformer whose ideas have been influential in education and social reform. Dewey is one of the primary figures associated with the philosophy of pragmatism and is considered one of the fathers of functional psychology. A Review of General Psychology survey, published in 2002, ranked Dewey as the 93rd most cited psychologist of the 20th century.[2]A well-known public intellectual, he was also a major voice of progressive education and liberalism.[3][4] Although Dewey is known best for his publications about education, he also wrote about many other topics, including epistemology, metaphysics, aesthetics, art, logic, social theory, and ethics. He was a major educational reformer for the 20th century.

Wikipedia: James McKeen Cattel, Like many eminent scientists and scholars of the time, Cattell's thought was influenced by belief in eugenics, defined as the "applied science or the bio-social movement which advocates the use of practices aimed at improving the genetic composition of a population, usually referring to human populations."[5] Cattell's belief in eugenics was heavily influenced by the research of Charles Darwin, whose theory of evolution motivated Cattell’s emphasis on studying “the psychology of individual differences”.

Last edited:

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You might like this book by John Gatto:
The Underground History of American Education, Volume I: An Intimate Investigation Into the Prison of Modern Schooling. Among the things he discusses are the people you mentioned, the early history of compulsory education in the USA and how to do education differently.

• Winner
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The point is, showing the unaware how the American school system is established around liberals and using it for their political liberal social reform.
Good. It's about time that the "unaware" learned that the public schools are doing something right.

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good. It's about time that the "unaware" learned that the public schools are doing something right.

Like I said earlier today in one of his other threads here, I prefer the liberal agenda of teaching tolerance and acceptance of LGBT and other marginalized people than the discrimination against LGBT that is encouraged in right wing evangelical circles. I also prefer the liberal agenda of teaching well established science and scientific facts than the attempts to teach the unsubstantiated facade of creationism. Next, I prefer the liberal agenda of challenging the coerced right wing attempts to indoctrinate children in American nationalism by forcing them to recite the pledge of allegiance or force them to stand for the national anthem. And finally, I prefer the liberal agenda of teaching environmental responsibility than the right wing attempts to deny climate change. One last word, I don't think Christianity or any other religion should be used to influence children in a secular public school. Religious teaching is the responsibility of parents or guardians, not teachers and other school facility. I'm very glad that mandatory Christian prayer is no longer allowed in schools.

And since we're discussing liberals and their "agenda," this is my favorite quote about liberals...

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - President John F. Kennedy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like I said earlier today in one of his other threads here, I prefer the liberal agenda of teaching tolerance and acceptance of LGBT and other marginalized people than the discrimination against LGBT that is encouraged in right wing evangelical circles. I also prefer the liberal agenda of teaching well established science and scientific facts than the attempts to teach the unsubstantiated facade of creationism. Next, I prefer the liberal agenda of challenging the coerced right wing attempts to indoctrinate children in American nationalism by forcing them to recite the pledge of allegiance or force them to stand for the national anthem. And finally, I prefer the liberal agenda of teaching environmental responsibility than the right wing attempts to deny climate change. One last word, I don't think Christianity or any other religion should be used to influence children in a secular public school. Religious teaching is the responsibility of parents or guardians, not teachers and other school facility. I'm very glad that mandatory Christian prayer is no longer allowed in schools.

And since we're discussing liberals and their "agenda," this is my favorite quote about liberals...

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - President John F. Kennedy
  1. Do you think a 5 year old child should be subjected to the homosexual agenda as identified below?

California Leads the Way Teaching LGBT History to Schoolchildren

11-14-2017
    As goes California, so goes the nation—at least, that’s what LGBT advocates in the Golden State are hoping when it comes to a set of new, inclusive K-8 history textbooks.

As first reported by The Advocate, the California State Board of Education approved 10 textbooks last week for use in K-8 classrooms

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
  1. Do you think a 5 year old child should be subjected to the homosexual agenda as identified below?

11-14-2017
    As goes California, so goes the nation—at least, that’s what LGBT advocates in the Golden State are hoping when it comes to a set of new, inclusive K-8 history textbooks.

As first reported by The Advocate, the California State Board of Education approved 10 textbooks last week for use in K-8 classrooms
What's the homosexual agenda? All I see there is teaching about the history of LGBTs and other diverse groups in our society.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's the homosexual agenda? All I see there is teaching about the history of LGBTs and other diverse groups in our society.

He's been asked that question several times and as far as I'm aware, he has yet to answer the question. He has, however, repeatedly posted the same article and excerpt numerous times.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

As far as I can see the "homosexual agenda" boils down to history and justice.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The point is, showing the unaware how the American school system is established around liberals and using it for their political liberal social reform.

I think you're making the mistake that many make which is that you're equating "no longer explicitly endorsing conservative social views" with "indoctrinating kids with liberal views". They're two totally different things.

Conservatives have cried wolf on this more than a few times in the past 60 years with respect to the public education systems.

When you actually boil it down to what it is and what their gripe is, it's always the same two things "I don't want my kid hearing about gay stuff (unless it's a diatribe about how it's the most evil thing known to man)", and "they took prayer out of schools and that's the cause of every societal ill in present day"

Or, in other words, they conflate lack (or removal) of conservative indoctrination with liberal indoctrination.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

11-14-2017

What is the homosexual agenda? I realize you've been asked this question several times already, but you mean incapable or unwilling to give a legitimate and concise answer. And now to answer your question, but I'm going to reword it because I don't believe there is a homosexual agenda that you seem to be convinced exists, even though you have yet to elaborate on what you think it is.

Do I think a 5 year old child should be TAUGHT to respect homosexuals and treat them with kindness and dignity? Yes, I most certainly do. I think the younger a child is taught not to be prejudice and/or racist, the better for the child. I instilled empathy and compassion in my own children at a very young age. I taught them to be respectful toward other people, even if those people are different than they are (whether by race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, monetary status). I don't want any of my children to be bigots and consider themselves to be superior to other people because of their race or because of their gender or because of their Christian beliefs. I want them to be compassionate and kind and be willing to help people, no matter who those people are or what they spiritually believe.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or, in other words, they conflate lack (or removal) of conservative indoctrination with liberal indoctrination.

I think you hit the nail on the head right now. I think conservative evangelical Christians are so accustomed to getting what they want, whether politically or socially, that they are literally becoming unhinged at the very thought that other people, who are not conservative evangelicals, wanting the same privileges and special treatment that evangelical Christians in this country have enjoyed for so long. It's almost as if they can't stand the thought of other people opting out of reciting the pledge of allegiance or standing for the national anthem. I know this happens from personal experience.

Evangelical Christians want Christian prayer in public schools, they want Jesus mentioned in Christmas with the exclusion of all other religious holidays during that time, they demand that "Merry Christmas" should be said and not "Happy Holidays," they want nativity scenes displayed on public domain while trying to deny other religions displaying their religious symbols, they want the Ten Commandments plastered on federal buildings, they want "In God We Trust" on U.S. currency and in the Pledge of Allegiance, and they want their Christian beliefs exalted and honored in the federal government, while apparently dismissing the First Amendment of the government not establishing a religion. It's almost as if it's "religious freedom for me, but none for thee" with them. And lastly, evangelical Christians want the right to discriminate against LGBT based on their Christian beliefs, but if they are ever challenged, they scream persecution and insist that their religious freedom is being infringed upon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are already two other threads on this trojan horse. I guess one thread wasn't enough.
Being double plus ungood requires double plus one threads.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wikipedia: Prussian Education System
The Prussian education system refers to the system of education established in Prussia as a result of educational reforms in the late 18th and early 19th century, which has had widespread influence since.

You think Prussia was liberal? :doh:

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"American Public Schools, The Liberal Incubator."

As it turns out, more education and exposure to different ideas, people, and things leads people to become more open-minded. What a shocker.

This is obviously a Very Bad Thing that should be squelched, because we can't have children thinking for themselves! Then little girls might get the idea that they're equal to men, and that it's OK to question the Bible and God, etc. That might lead to.....thinking for yourself!
Ringo

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"American Public Schools, The Liberal Incubator."

As it turns out, more education and exposure to different ideas, people, and things leads people to become more open-minded. What a shocker.

This is obviously a Very Bad Thing that should be squelched, because we can't have children thinking for themselves! Then little girls might get the idea that they're equal to men, and that it's OK to question the Bible and God, etc. That might lead to.....thinking for yourself!
Ringo
Five year old children can't think for or protect themselves, thats why they have adult parents that should be doing this.

Do you think a 5 year old child should be subjected to homosexuality as identified below?

11-14-2017

Long Beach library hosts Drag Queen Story Hour, controversy ensues
  • Andrew Edwards
  • PUBLISHED: October 17, 2017 at 12:12 pm
storycropped.jpg

A photograph showing a horned drag queen reading a picture book to children at a Long Beach public library event is one of the latest images to generate controversy.

The person shown in the image is Xochi Mochi, who posted the photo on her Instagram account on Saturday afternoon, the same day Long Beach Public Library’s online calendar shows an event called Drag Queen Story Hour was scheduled to have taken place at Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library in North Long Beach.

Xochi Mochi’s own social media posts regarding the event, including an Instagram post describing her own enthusiasm for her time at the library, were still online as of Tuesday

“It’s so important to have representation and normalize all the letters in LGBTQIA+ in everyday lives,” she wrote on Instagram. “I saw so many excited faces it filled my heart with so much joy and hope to come back again soon!”

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.