Analysis finds Americans need extra $11,400 to afford the basics as GOP lawmakers blame Bidenomics

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Educate yourself and read the history of the credit rating downgrades that I lived through maybe from 1980 to the present.
I’ve already pointed out a couple times what the analysts blamed for the credit downgrade. It wasn’t “spending.” It was bad governance related to spending - specifically, the constant threat of the US defaulting on its debt. You can spend a ton and still engage in good governance.

• Winner
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And that’s just for people getting public assistance and SNAP.
Do you honestly think someone who qualifies for SNAP can afford a car payment and insurance for every household member and cable/satellite TV? Maybe you were just making a joke but just about every single mother living on public assistance and SNAP can't even afford to live on their own without a housing subsidy. a roommate or a family member to share expenses like rent and everyday things like toilet paper, shoes, clothes, and utilities.

I'm sure you're not one of those people who think that people are getting rich on welfare benefits like Ron Rega and his famous "welfare queen" statement. Nobody is better off for being on public assistance unless they are committing some fraud.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
However, perhaps the people who don't have a problem with all of the escalating inflationary prices and costs of living are unable to recognize and/or agree that the cost of living is far too high for most Americans.
What escalating inflationary prices? Inflation was 3.2% over the past year, and ZERO since September.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you honestly think someone who qualifies for SNAP can afford a car payment and insurance for every household member and cable/satellite TV? Maybe you were just making a joke but just about every single mother living on public assistance and SNAP can't even afford to live on their own without a housing subsidy. a roommate or a family member to share expenses like rent and everyday things like toilet paper, shoes, clothes, and utilities.

I'm sure you're not one of those people who think that people are getting rich on welfare benefits like Ron Rega and his famous "welfare queen" statement. Nobody is better off for being on public assistance unless they are committing some fraud.
Exactly. There’s a lot of fraud and I saw it firsthand. America has the richest poor people in the world

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly. There’s a lot of fraud and I saw it firsthand. America has the richest poor people in the world
Poor people in this country have it made because they defraud the government into giving them “free stuff”?

What?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What does this even mean? Examples, please!

Can you explain?
1. I'm sorry. I hope you're not considering obviously biased websites like the above as research. It's nice reading that directly supports your exact arguments and is tailored almost foe you. That's not research.

2. America's infrastructure is in dire need of repair. Say what you want otherwise. I would consider you do some research to that regard and not call it wasteful or pork projects. These are real things that are becoming unsafe and dangerous. Bridges collapse due to neglect in 3rd world countries. That should not be happenning in the US.

To be fair this happenned in canada
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sask...-bridge-collapsed-facing-discipline-1.6450110

But that is due to a completely incompetent engineer (who doesn't do geological testing...under a bridge?!?)

3. Your website provides no meaningful critique of bidens bills; only generally alluding with no examples of wasteful spending that I saw. It seemed to be more about trying to liken it to older spending bills.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My emphasis
Prove it.

There is not a lot of fraud.
There is a massive amount of cheating the system. Not everyone, there are people who receive benefits who need them but there are a lot of people playing the system. I dealt with them all the time when I was in patrol.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A knee-jerk reply you didn't even read it. This paper showed all the massive infrastructure bills proposed by past presidents and what little was done. I agree our infrastructure needs work and also oversite on the spending of your tax dollars.

Your website provides no meaningful critique of bidens bills;
Who is critiquing Biden's bill it's about wasteful spending. Blind love for Biden lol
obviously biased websites like the above as research.
It's always biased if you don't like what it says.
To be fair this happenned in canada
What are you talking about? Was this bridge mentioned?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
There is a massive amount of cheating the system. Not everyone, there are people who receive benefits who need them but there are a lot of people playing the system. I dealt with them all the time when I was in patrol.
Define and provide evidence of massive amount.

I ha e no doubt there is cheating.

Here's the thing though; I'd rather go after a millionaire hiding a couple extra homes than a single mom trying to pay bills. You'll also get more feom millionaire cheats.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Practically every "change" or economic policy from the Biden Administration has had a negative effect on the national economy.

However, perhaps the people who don't have a problem with all of the escalating inflationary prices and costs of living are unable to recognize and/or agree that the cost of living is far too high for most Americans.

WSJ: Prices for long-lasting items, known as durable goods, have fallen on a year-over-year basis for five straight months. In October, they were down 2.6% from their peak in September 2022, according to data released Thursday by the Commerce Department.

That has helped bring down core inflation, which excludes the volatile food and energy categories, to 3.5% in October, from 5.5% in September 2022, as measured by the personal-consumption expenditures price index, the Fed’s preferred inflation gauge.

• Informative
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
A knee-jerk reply you didn't even read it. This paper showed all the massive infrastructure bills proposed by past presidents and what little was done. I agree our infrastructure needs work and also oversite on the spending of your tax dollars.

Who is critiquing Biden's bill it's about wasteful spending. Blind love for Biden lol
I have no love for Biden but any effort to improve American infrastructure I am in for.

It's always biased if you don't like what it says.
No. It's bias when you like what it says too. But I recognizE that in myself.

What are you talking about? Was this bridge mentioned?
No. Just gave an example of crappy infrastruxture in another country

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well the only number er I can find for fraud prevalence is under 2%.

I wonder if maybe you happenned to be connecting with a demographic that tends to play fast with rules to begin with maybe? Or

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,349.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And you still come 156th out of 180 countries in wealth inequality.

I guess if all those poor people weren't so rich then you'd be rock solid bottom.
The important thing is that the rich people in The United States neither feel, nor participate in, any meaningful extraordinary steps to help the poor that doesn't involve them losing money of any kind.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0