What are the key issues of US Election 2024?

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also I want to add a note here.. but when I talk about illegals taking American jobs I think it's important for people to know what I'm talking about....

Back in the 90's I moved from the city to a rural area to provide my children what I thought would be a better learning environment - smaller classroom sizes ect and fewer negative influences in their lives...

I was a nurse and nurses have always been able to get work anywhere but I did end up after leaving a job taking a temporary reprieve.

During that couple months I took a job at a local convenience store as I was deciding whether to drive back and forth to the city every day at what has been a dream job, or work in a position at the local hospital instead.

What I saw there shocked me beyond words. Let me make this very clear - it's heartbreaking to see.

The area was heavy with manufacturing at that time... There was Tyson plants, an egg factory, the place that manufactured hams to sell in the stores (I forget the name of that company) there was a battery manufacturer with government contracts, a foundry where they made aluminum oil pans and the like for CAT, the crock pot manufacturer Rival, a boat manufacturer and more.

The whole area was manufacturing and farming.

So at any rate I'm working in the convenience store and like clockwork every day, the second I opened up the door the trucks would come.

These trucks were people haulers... There was a white guy who appeared to run the show, and the truck's were full of illegals who didn't know any English at all .. not one word.

Each illegal was given a 5 dollar bill by the driver's and allowed to go into the store and purchase some breakfast and coffee or whatever they wanted to have.

When I say these men knew no English, I'm talking to the point they had no way of even knowing whether they were getting the correct change back.. they were literally having to go on trust.

As soon as everyone checked out they loaded them up and took them to Tyson for work.

These men, each and every one, were slaves. They were treated like slaves, and kept watch over.

By the way - the government doesn't care.

Tyson did not pay. Their token whites made minimum wage (unlike other manufacturers in the area) and God only knows what they gave those men - but it WASN'T minimum wage.

For fun I guess the government would go through periodically, once every couple years or so, and fine Tyson for employing illegals, Tyson would pay the fines (apparently it was cheaper than paying Americans) and the next week would be back to business as usual with a new round of illegals.

One of the manufacturers there (my son's first job) had been locally owned by a family, but when the old man died the kids sold to a foreign company.

The wages were neither high nor low when it was family owned - kind of in the middle there for area manufacturing but it had been an excellent company and they had all kinds of perks like pensions for their employees who worked for them all their life.

When it sold to the foreign company everyone who qualified for pension was fired first. Then before the first year was up all the locals that had worked there had by and large been fired, and were all replaced with the illegal train just like Tyson ran.

I didn't work for the convenience store long, probably just 2 months, but people talk, and when manufacturing is that important to an area you know exactly how each company runs their ship...

Everyone knows which companies hire citizens and which ones refuse to in favor of shipping in the illegals, who pays and so on. (Rival preferred hiring felons, for instance, prior to their closing shop) Each company really does have their thing...

But the whole slavery thing with illegals is first of all, completely unnecessary - it's a business decision based on saving money...

There's not going to be a shortage of workers at the Tyson plants, for example, if they started hiring citizens instead of shipping in illegals.

Vegetables aren't going to rot in fields if there's no illegal slaves to pick them.

These systems some of these companies run with illegals are first of all completely unfair to the illegal workers themselves... There's no workman's comp if they get hurt on the job, and zero protection to keep them out of modern slavery...

And make no mistake we fought a civil war over slavery, and these illegals are being used for slaves.

I have seen it with my own two eyes...

Second this is completely unfair to American citizens who can't compete in a job market that's full of actual slaves..

I 100% will never buy Tyson because that I refuse to support with my business such activities... It just makes me sick.

and ANY government official who tries to justify this with stupid idiotic remarks about vegetables rotting in fields can (grrrrrrr... Time to take a breath.. )

I'm serious this is sickening what these companies are doing - and they are doing it IN the United States for goodness sake in the modern day.

And then sit around on television giving pathetic excuses as if people can't see what's happening in front of their very eyes!

And the governments cut of this racket is to periodically fine them... Fees which are factored into running the business as if it's protection money for the mob!

So... This is my opinion - stop this and stop it now...

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Also I want to add a note here.. but when I talk about illegals taking American jobs I think it's important for people to know what I'm talking about....

Back in the 90's I moved from the city to a rural area to provide my children what I thought would be a better learning environment - smaller classroom sizes ect and fewer negative influences in their lives...

I was a nurse and nurses have always been able to get work anywhere but I did end up after leaving a job taking a temporary reprieve.

During that couple months I took a job at a local convenience store as I was deciding whether to drive back and forth to the city every day at what has been a dream job, or work in a position at the local hospital instead.

What I saw there shocked me beyond words. Let me make this very clear - it's heartbreaking to see.

The area was heavy with manufacturing at that time... There was Tyson plants, an egg factory, the place that manufactured hams to sell in the stores (I forget the name of that company) there was a battery manufacturer with government contracts, a foundry where they made aluminum oil pans and the like for CAT, the crock pot manufacturer Rival, a boat manufacturer and more.

So at any rate I'm working in the convenience store and like clockwork every day, the second I opened up the door the trucks would come.

These trucks were people haulers... There was a white guy who appeared to run the show, and the truck's were full of illegals who didn't know any English at all .. not one word.

Each illegal was given a 5 dollar bill by the driver's and allowed to go into the store and purchase some breakfast and coffee or whatever they wanted to have.

When I say these men knew no English, I'm talking to the point they had no way of even knowing whether they were getting the correct change back.. they were literally having to go on trust.

As soon as everyone checked out they loaded them up and took them to Tyson for work.

These men, each and every one, were slaves. They were treated like slaves, and kept watch over.

Tyson did not pay. Their token whites made minimum wage (unlike other manufacturers in the area) and God only knows what they gave those men - but it WASN'T minimum wage.

For fun I guess the government would go through periodically, once every couple years or so, and fine Tyson for employing illegals, Tyson would pay the fines (apparently it was cheaper than paying Americans) and the next week would be back to business as usual with a new round of illegals.

One of the manufacturers there (my son's first job) had been locally owned by a family, but when the old man died the kids sold to a foreign company.

The wages were neither high nor low when it was family owned - kind of in the middle there for area manufacturing but it had been an excellent company and they had all kinds of perks like pensions for their employees who worked for them all their life.

When it sold to the foreign company everyone who qualified for pension was fired first. Then before the first year was up all the locals that had worked there had by and large been fired, and were all replaced with the illegal train just like Tyson ran.

I didn't work for the convenience store long, probably just 2 months, but people talk, and when manufacturing is that important to an area you know exactly how each company runs their ship...

Everyone knows which companies hire citizens and which ones refuse to in favor of shipping in the illegals, who pays and so on. (Rival preferred hiring felons, for instance, prior to their closing shop) Each company really does have their thing...

But the whole slavery thing with illegals is first of all, completely unnecessary - it's a business decision based on saving money...

There's not going to be a shortage of workers at the Tyson plants, for example, if they started hiring citizens instead of shipping in illegals.

Vegetables aren't going to rot in fields if there's no illegal slaves to pick them.

These systems some of these companies run with illegals are first of all completely unfair to the illegal workers themselves... There's no workman's comp if they get hurt on the job, and zero protection to keep them out of modern slavery...

And make no mistake we fought a civil war over slavery, and these illegals are being used for slaves.

Second this is completely unfair to American citizens who can't compete in a job market that's full of actual slaves..

I 100% will never buy Tyson because that I refuse to support with my business such activities... It just makes me sick.

and ANY government official who tries to justify this with stupid idiotic remarks about vegetables rotting in fields can (grrrrrrr... Time to take a breath.. )

I'm serious this is sickening what these companies are doing - and they are doing it IN the United States for goodness sake in the modern day.

And then sit around on television giving pathetic excuses as if people can't see what's happening in front of their very eyes!

And the governments cut of this racket is to periodically fine them... Fees which are factored into running the business as if it's protection money for the mob!

I rated this as “useful” because it’s both “winner” and informative.
(Whereas I usually use “useful” to = funny & “winner”.)

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you don't really understand the issues here.

#1 issue - the economy
#2 issue - open border, 8 million illegal immigrants in only 3 years... Not to mention the gotaway's...

The #2 issue only compounds and exacerbates issue number #1.

We are a very open and welcoming society, but big business/large corporations want slaves, not employees, and they are doing harm, permanent harm to American workers by promoting and encouraging this.

At this point this is an invasion of America - and actual invasion no different than a military conquest with the intent to remake our very nation into something the Founders would not recognize.

And I'm coming from a family of immigrants and this is what I see from my own perspective.

Allowing illegals in like this does a disservice to all those who followed all the laws and rules and came the right way out of respect for our nation and our laws.

It's also a slap in the face of every single working American who's jobs will be taken... Who's children are forced out of school to make room for people who disrespect everything about us as a nation.

(Just so you know, my son, a citizen of these United States, has lost employment opportunities to illegals before, more than once, because they work cheaper..)

I'm sorry but I don't want illegals here. They don't have the first ounce of respect for our nation and our laws - proving themselves unworthy of ever being the beneficiaries of the good America has to offer her citizens and guests...

We legally allow more than a million or around a million people in legally every year... Our government has the sovereign right to decide how many, who, when, and how. And how isn't skipping through the southern border. And the how many should never overwhelm existing systems of employment and housing etc.

Okay... There's far more than two points I would like to make but I'm sure I'm getting boring so I'll stop here for a break.

With respect, your economy is dependent on a global hegemony which isolationism is set to sabotage. The price of money and your advantages in the marketplace are all contingent on a set of alliances that are under threat right now from the isolationist wing of the Republican party and the machinations of Russia, China and Iran.

isolationism = recession

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At this point this is an invasion of America - and actual invasion no different than a military conquest with the intent to remake our very nation into something the Founders would not recognize.

And I'm coming from a family of immigrants and this is what I see from my own perspective.

Allowing illegals in like this does a disservice to all those who followed all the laws and rules and came the right way out of respect for our nation and our laws.

It's also a slap in the face of every single working American who's jobs will be taken... Who's children are forced out of school to make room for people who disrespect everything about us as a nation.

(Just so you know, my son, a citizen of these United States, has lost employment opportunities to illegals before, more than once, because they work cheaper..)

I'm sorry but I don't want illegals here. They don't have the first ounce of respect for our nation and our laws - proving themselves unworthy of ever being the beneficiaries of the good America has to offer her citizens and guests...

We legally allow more than a million or around a million people in legally every year... Our government has the sovereign right to decide how many, who, when, and how. And how isn't skipping through the southern border. And the how many should never overwhelm existing systems of employment and housing etc.

The FBI hand in hand with the tech giants in removing the freedom of speech of Americans leading into the last election.

It was an unprecedented and unconditional attack against American citizens and the freedoms our government is sworn not to doll out at will, but sworn not to protect against infringement thereof.

But infringe they did. Plenty of proof.

Second case in point:

Breaking every single campaign finance law that exists in order to put Biden in the White House.

Billions upon billions of dollars worth of single sided news and single sided infringement of the rights of free speech of conservatives voters and speakers here in America.
Amen and well said!!! :clap: Spoken like a true patriotic American. :unitedstates:

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At this point I really think it should be character and virtue, a kind of leadership that inspires others to be better people.
Yes, some will say they are not voting for a pastor. That is very short sighted. the president has influence and responsibility far beyond policies. The president represents us. The president is a symbol of who we think we are and want to be.

In an ideal world maybe. American voters seem to want a fighter and Trump has positioned himself as such a bruiser winning against all the odds. Biden has beaten him before and if Trump wins the Republican primaries the Democrat turnout will be higher. So also many Republicans will understand the damage he will cause.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the Inflation Reduction Act, there is a 16.7 increase in the excise tax on fuels and heating oils.
It is going into a Superfund.
Does anyone know if that money is being used to build infrastructure like the regular fuel tax?
Like Nancy Pelosi said, 'You don't know what's in these bills until you pass them."
Someone said no one knows to whom or where that Super Fund money is going

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

It's not exactly a secret that the demand for illegal labor is being driven by big corporations, especially food production and agriculture wanting to pay illegal wages. However, there is no political will among our politicians to confront the practice. Everybody likes cheap food, and that means low wages (Americans expect some of the lowest prices for food in the developed world already, probably because they pay so much for transportation and healthcare as compared to other countries).

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
However, there is no political will among our politicians to confront the practice. Everybody likes cheap food, and that means low wages (Americans expect some of the lowest prices for food in the developed world already...)

I think we can overcome the challenges... We do live in the middle of a bread basket after all...

As far as political will .. when we as citizens stand strongly against a thing we can encourage change in the political will...

And to me this is serious enough to try. It's a moral issue I know, but for real, it's 2024. We should be above slavery at the least...

I believe in treating people right.

Edit to add:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know if that money is being used to build infrastructure like the regular fuel tax?
It's reinstating the Hazardous Substance Superfund Trust Fund. It's supposed to be used for cleaning up hazardous waste through the EPA.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think a key to all American elections is voter apathy and ignorance. Just look at the history of failure our electorate keeps repeating. We are so dissatisfied with congress that we reelect members 98% of the time. Voters demand nothing from our representatives so we receive less than that. We get folks who undermine themselves and their own institutions and divide us further.

If we truly want better government we the electorate need to demand results from government. Not tribal political performances. Our children could choose better representation than our voters. I say let only people under 18 years of age vote. Surely they couldn't do worse than the adults! And they might teach misguided parents something in the process. Education is sorely needed in some form or another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Immigration, foreign wars, the protection of the constitution (regardless of whether we think it's a living or static document), the national debt, and the personal values of the candidates are several big ones. This is why why I won't be voting for either of the two current front-runners.

I think a key to all American elections is voter apathy and ignorance. Just look at the history of failure our electorate keeps repeating. We are so dissatisfied with congress that we reelect members 98% of the time. Voters demand nothing from our representatives so we receive less than that. We get folks who undermine themselves and their own institutions and divide us further.

If we truly want better government we the electorate need to demand results from government. Not tribal political performances. Our children could choose better representation than our voters. I say let only people under 18 years of age vote. Surely they couldn't do worse than the adults! And they might teach misguided parents something in the process. Education is sorely needed in some form or another.
While I wouldn't extend the vote to children, I often think a roomful of drunk lemurs could do a better job of picking candidates.

Yes. We need more political education. Education that clarifies the mechanics of how the system works, what the balance of powers are, how we can become involved on a personal level etc. and less political indoctrination.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Immigration, foreign wars, the protection of the constitution (regardless of whether we think it's a living or static document), the national debt, and the personal values of the candidates are several big ones. This is why why I won't be voting for either of the two current front-runners.

While I wouldn't extend the vote to children, I often think a roomful of drunk lemurs could do a better job of picking candidates.

Yes. We need more political education. Education that clarifies the mechanics of how the system works, what the balance of powers are, how we can become involved on a personal level etc. and less political indoctrination.

I was only spitballing the idea of children actually voting. They really could do no worse than we adults in America have been doing to ourselves. I like the lemur idea, sans alcohol though haha.

Americans are too spoiled to learn nowadays. Instant gratification is now what most Americans seek. It definitely shows. Our congress this session has seen its worst performance since the great depression.

If Americans really want immigration reform and fiscal responsibility, why don't we demand our representatives work on the issues? Ignorance and tribalism. We are literally too dumb to realize how dumb we are. And we won't listen to truth in regards to our own Ignorance. Adults are acting like spoiled children. Which is where my spitball idea originated.

Upvote 0