✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Missing said:
From a preview I saw earlier today it sounded like the first hour will be 'best of' and the second hour will actually be the competition, but who knows for certain.
Well I hope it is not repeats of what we have already seen. I get so tired of shows doing that. I don't need to see the same thing over and over again.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't care for repeats either. I have grown to love this show, though. I have been so touched by so many stories especially the Latin American kid with the bike and how the Brit told him he knew what it was like to come from nothing. I really admire the American spirit of these inventors and look forward to seeing what they've accomplished this week.

Upvote 0

Missing

Jul 18, 2005
✟8,886.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well we taped the first hour while we watched Survivor. When it came to watching that first hour we probably did so in about 20 minutes or less because of all the repeat footage we were able to skip. I think the outcome of last night's episode was appropriate. The un/inbrella just wasn't living up to expectations and the guy with the shovel was just too stubborn to realize that he could save lives and make the product more mass marketable--those two things weren't mutually exclusive. I really think his product would sell, but in order for it to sell well he needed to check his ego at the door and allow his invention to be modified for greater marketability. Glad to see the football guy get through.:thumbsup:

I'm worried about next week's show though........I personally think the exercise system with the twist and lock technology will sell incredibly well in this day and age where everyone wants the newest/quickest/cheapest way to exercise well. Plus he has the personality to be the next Billy Blanks. HOWEVER, seeing that he's in the same group as the woman with the Niya doll AND having the woman judge as their mentor and the determiner of their fate does not bode well for the exercise guy since the woman judge seems to go on her emotions so much. I guess we shall see next week.:scratch:

Reactions: keeptrying
Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jerry, the exercise twist and lock guy, used to sing karaoke at the shows my husband ran in San Diego. He recognized him immediately on the first show. So we kinda know him and would like for him to do well.

That said, the woman with the Naia doll was one of our favorites, so that's going to be a really tough call. With the woman judge in charge of the decision, I expect there to be lots of manufactured drama and a flood of tears. ;)

Mark, the sandmaster guy, was just unwise. He got 50k and he spent less than half of it, part of it on his suit! He fired his marketing team and lounged around in the pool instead of even listening to what they might have come up with to improve on his product. I wasn't surprised he was booted at all.

On the other hand, I was very surprised the in-brella (good name change, I thought of it first :D) woman didn't go through. With a little improvement, her product would have so much more mass appeal than the football thing. I'd have bought one anyway, and hopefully one day I'll be able to.

The first hour last night was worthless. There were maybe 3 new inventions, only one of which (the little girl with the stickers on the shoes) was even worth watching. We got through the hour in about 10 minutes by FFing on our TiVo.

The second hour was much more enjoyable, and I'm now - finally - looking forward to the rest of the season.

Reactions: keeptrying
Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also recorded the first show so I could watch Survivor and am glad I did since you all say it was mostly repeats. I'll fast forward through it. I agree the woman judge is too emotional so I hope she does not let that effect her decision.
I like all the contestants but worry about people who put so much into their inventions that they loose their houses and IMO make their families suffer. I admire their drive and belief in their invention but there is just something wrong with it becoming your whole life but I quess the judges like it.

Upvote 0

bill'swife

let peace rule...
Jan 23, 2005
facebook
Visit site
✟127,389.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Now we are getting down to the nitty-gritty!!! I really enjoyed last night's 2nd hour of the show. I really think the sandbag guy would have won if he wouldn't have been so stubborn and stingy. What happened to the rest of the money...did he have to give it back or does he get to keep it?
The in-brella was pretty cool...wouldn't mind having one myself.
The football thingy is pretty cool...if it helps enough where schools would purchase it for thier teams, I think it will go over well.

I think some of these inventions will get picked up and patented or they could have their ideas bought from someone else that can take it to market just from being on TV...The exposure is only helping them at this point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Devasha

YHWH li, lo ira. Mah ya'aseh li adam?-Psalm 118:6
Jun 3, 2005
USA
✟1,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Apparently my husband didn't see fit to TiVo the highlights/review hour, so I only got to see the football thing/inbrella/sackmaster hour.

I, too, think the inbrella had the best potential, and it was so frustrating that they couldn't seem to make a decent working model! :mad: It's like the old saying: They can put a man on the moon, but they can't make an inbrella that works!?! :doh:

The sackmaster guy really bugged me. Moving his family to a smaller house in a bad neighborhood and all that and then at the end having the NERVE to say that he'd do ANYTHING for his family! :mad: I said, yeah, anything except make your invention more marketable so that you could win the competition. And he also said that the sackmaster has SAVED (not will save or has the potential to save) thousands of lives! :o

Did anyone ever see the different invention show (can't remember the name) that was on last year where this couple had a foam-type substance that you could plant things in instead of dirt? That was a fantastic invention, but they just kept insisting on keeping this cheezy fountain thing as part of their product every time and wouldn't take ANY of the suggestions of all the experts along the way to make it more marketable. So I ended up calling the sackmaster guy this show's fountain guy. It was the exact same inexplicable mentality. :doh:

Upvote 0

Missing

Jul 18, 2005
✟8,886.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess I am the odd man out on this. I thought the inbrella was an interesting invention, but it was just way too big and bulky to sell well even if they had the prototype working correctly. I'm sure they could have gotten the size down a little bit smaller, but I just don't think it would have ever gotten to a size that would be convenient for me enough to ditch the umbrellas I already own in favor of the inbrella.

I wasn't big into the football thing either, but I recognize that just because I don't play football there is a lot of people who do and every parent seriously trying to teach their child how to play would consider this product. In addition I could see every high school, college or professional team buying them for training purposes.:thumbsup:

I personally would have loved to see the sandmaster go through, but half way through the show I was hoping he wouldn't get through just because of his attitude. I hope he looks back on this and can see where he went wrong because I still think he could do something with his product, but not with that attitude.:doh:

Upvote 0

Devasha

YHWH li, lo ira. Mah ya'aseh li adam?-Psalm 118:6
Jun 3, 2005
USA
✟1,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I guess I was being optimistic about the inbrella that they could get the design down to a practical size, but then again I live in the desert and don't even own an umbrella, so you definitely have more experience with that particular tool than I do! ;) So I defer to you on that.

The football vest guy did have some great testimonies from the high school coach and players that tested it, and I think that really worked in his favor. Plus his design was so well modified--a big change for the better--that the other two didn't have. I was also impressed by the way they portrayed his work ethic. Seemed like he was always sketching, making notes, researching, thinking.

It sure wouldn't have hurt the sackmaster guy to AT LEAST let them work on producing a collapsible model. My husband said, "How many of those big bulky sackmaster shovels would you be able to fit into a car?" :scratch: Seems like you could sell a lot more of them if you could make them more compact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Missing

Jul 18, 2005
✟8,886.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Devasha said:
It sure wouldn't have hurt the sackmaster guy to AT LEAST let them work on producing a collapsible model. My husband said, "How many of those big bulky sackmaster shovels would you be able to fit into a car?" :scratch: Seems like you could sell a lot more of them if you could make them more compact.

It seemed to me that he took the thought of changing HIS design in any way as a personal insult. :doh: He thought it was perfect the way it was. IMO, his ego wouldn't step asside long enough for him to really listen to and understand the benefits of changing the product. Plus, he didn't seem to care if it was marketable to other potential customers.....he made it to saves lives after what happened with the hurricane and that's all he wanted it used for. It's an admirable reason to make the invention, but don't let a slight change in design derail you from the big prize. Adding other reasons to buy the product does not take away from it's life saving abilities.

Upvote 0

LovesToRead

My peace I give you. Don't be afraid.
Sep 22, 2005
This world is not my home....Heaven is where my he
✟69,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eternal Joy said:
Hi guys...did anyone watch this tonight? I missed the first hour and was wondering what the 2 inventions were that didn't make it to the final four. I was watching Survivor and forgot this was on at 8.

Hi, we watched both hours.

The inventions that didn't make it were the lady with the Headliner - for wigs and hats and helmets. And the guy with an exerciser ( I forget it's name) but you wear it on your waist and walk and pull out hand grips with your arms as you walk.

The lady with the wigs inserts really improved her product a lot.

I think some of these things will get picked up by other companies. I wonder what the rules are.

I just love this show.:clap:

Reactions: bill'swife
Upvote 0