Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I watched and voted for the Polish guy and the Columbian kid. I just really liked both of them and thought their inventions were very creative. I have to admit that the Word Ace commercial was the best, but that wasn't what I based my vote on.:)

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched last nights show but missed the week before which means I missed what the bathroom gadget lady came up with. A travel kit huh? Sounds good. I think the invention is just too simple and that is why it did not win because once those babies hit the market Walmart would not be able to keep them in stock! I love that thing. I want one too.

Veritas, loved your story, I think everyone can relate to it on some level.

Now that my fav invention is gone, it's a toss up between the word game and the car seat. I think the bad thing about the car seat is that it has not been tested yet. Carseats have to pass very strict safety standards before putting them on the market so they may keep that in mind when voting. I really like the polish man and the kid.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
InTheGarden said:
I wasn't able to watch last night--did they actually name a winner or not?
No winner. They showed the final 4 and they all had to come up with a commercial. They showed the judges meeting the families and the commercials and that was about it. At the end of the show they all made one more speach about why they should be voted The American Inventor. Next show I guess they announce a winner:confused:

Upvote 0

LovesToRead

My peace I give you. Don't be afraid.
Sep 22, 2005
This world is not my home....Heaven is where my he
✟69,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I missed when the guy with the bike first presented his invention.

I like him a lot, but had never seen him until last night's show.

Can someone please tell me how they aren't worried about safety issues BIG

Upvote 0

LovesToRead

My peace I give you. Don't be afraid.
Sep 22, 2005
This world is not my home....Heaven is where my he
✟69,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I missed when the guy with the bike first presented his invention.

I like him a lot, but had never seen him until last night's show.

Can someone please tell me how they aren't worried about safety issues BIG TIME with his invention. It just seems to encourage something unsafe.

Can

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
During the $50,000 improvement phase, the car seat was crash-tested. Keeptrying, that might be the episode you missed, but it did exceptionally well in the crash-test.

As for the bike, I don't remember what kind of testing they did, but I know that it was improved with added safety features - something having to do with the angle of the seat. I don't see it as being really unsafe, personally. I used to ride people on my handle-bars all the time when I was a kid. This has to be safer than that was. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kellen

Jul 21, 2005
NJ,USA
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
that word ace is a for sure.not sure that bike would make it,it looked uncomfortable and I wouldn't buy one. the 2nd great choice was the reciever's set up for football. silly as it would feel to wear anything that promotes better recieving would sell. I think! May 17th we'll all know!

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
snoochface said:
During the $50,000 improvement phase, the car seat was crash-tested. Keeptrying, that might be the episode you missed, but it did exceptionally well in the crash-test.;)

Thanks snoochface. I missed that part.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.