America is the Best, Most Free, and Most Prosperous Country on Earth: Change My Mind

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
America is the greatest nation on Earth because of principles that were derived from scripture. She may rise and fall because of bad leaders, but as long as we keep circling back to freedom we will be okay. My fear today is that people in this country, especially young people, are giving away freedom's for the sake of a fause security.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
America is the greatest nation on Earth because of principles that were derived from scripture. She may rise and fall because of bad leaders, but as long as we keep circling back to freedom we will be okay. My fear today is that people in this country, especially young people, are giving away freedom's for the sake of a fause security.
Greatest in what, exactly? I do not say "no!", but I have heard this general saying from many Americans, but no specifics.

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
To be fair, were Canada not such a peace-loving, next-door neighbor to the U.S., you might not be so relieved to be home again. Pick up Canada and set it down gently between Turkey and Syria and then give us a report on your sense of well-being. Canada might not then be so peace-loving, either. And aren't you glad you have us as a buffer against the savagery of Mexico, by the way?

LOL! I spent some time with a Christian family in Saskatchewan. At the same time I was staying in their home, they were hosting a family from Mexico who was taking shelter from death threats stemming from organized crime. The reason they were in Canada was because the U.S. would not give them asylum. He had to take a direct flight to Canada--he couldn't even connect through the U.S.. And these are people who do not exactly have the money to fly.

The U.S. is no buffer. They are in the way.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
#1 United States -- 655 (incarceration rate per 100,000)
#2 El Salvador -- 604
#3 Turkmenistan -- 552

Ouch!

In the USA there are plenty of judges who don't like this situation but their hands are tied by draconian mandatory sentencing laws.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know! And in Turkmenistan you go to prison just for insulting the president's horse.

In my life I have insulted plenty of horses but not one of them took issue with me over it.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In my life I have insulted plenty of horses but not one of them took issue with me over it.
Because in the USA you have freedom!

oh wait.... maybe its because you can smell our freedom from your country?

Upvote 0

Dare 2 B A Daniel

Nov 9, 2019
New York
✟8,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So have I, but I haven't seen savagery. Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean by it.
The drug cartels are literally everywhere. I went to high school in an affluent neighborhood in San Diego for my freshman and sophomore years. They bussed Sureños (along with other, decent Mexicans) in to the school from National City. I was on friendly terms with many of these folks. They recruit very young. I didn't even realize who they were until years later during some research.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
America is a continent right?

Are we assuming one particular country or are we collectively referring to them all?

I'm pretty sure they are referring to that country in the middle, who wants to run the show. NAFTA sure would be a lot simpler if Canada and Mexico could just trade over land, without the U.S. feeling they have to run everything.

Apparently the U.S. is the greatest country in the world because all other people are just invisible. They don't exist.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Are we assuming one particular country or are we collectively referring to them all?

America is actually two continents plus adjacent islands.

Upvote 0

Dare 2 B A Daniel

Nov 9, 2019
New York
✟8,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

North America and South America are continents. When people say "America" they mean the U.S.

• Informative
Reactions: solid_core
Upvote 0

Dare 2 B A Daniel

Nov 9, 2019
New York
✟8,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure they are referring to that country in the middle, who wants to run the show. NAFTA sure would be a lot simpler if Canada and Mexico could just trade over land, without the U.S. feeling they have to run everything.

Apparently the U.S. is the greatest country in the world because all other people are just invisible. They don't exist.
Sorry you couldn't stay.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greatest in what, exactly? I do not say "no!", but I have heard this general saying from many Americans, but no specifics.
Freedom is the basis for a functioning society. The independence of the individual, our freedom to pursue happiness on our own terms.
" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."
Obviously I can't say it better than that.

Upvote 0

Dare 2 B A Daniel

Nov 9, 2019
New York
✟8,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
From that map, it looks like that if Russia were on our Border, by that map, it looks like we'd need to worry even more than many do now about our actual neighbors. But our actual neighboring countries, even the one with the violent criminal drug gangs that are a tiny fraction of its population, appear by that map to be generally people that are mostly sharing love, doing "love your neighbor as yourself". We can be glad for that.
Feel free to be glad.

I'll be over here, feeling as I see fit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Freedom is the basis for a functioning society. The independence of the individual, our freedom to pursue happiness on our own terms.
" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."
Obviously I can't say it better than that.
Why do you think that the USA have the greatest freedom? Compared to Switzerland, Monaco, Austria, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia etc etc etc?

Upvote 0

Dare 2 B A Daniel

Nov 9, 2019
New York
✟8,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
From that map, it looks like that if Russia were on our Border, by that map, it looks like we'd need to worry even more than many do now about our actual neighbors.
If it weren't for Russia, we might all be wearing swastikas to church.

You might also be interested in reading about this love-deprived Russian:

Vasily Arkhipov (vice admiral) - Wikipedia

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Because we have the second amendment, for one thing.
You do not understand my question.

Why do you believe you really are greatest in freedom? I challenge this presupposition. I think many countries are much better for life and beat the USA in every aspect in quality of life for an average citizen.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0