America is the Best, Most Free, and Most Prosperous Country on Earth: Change My Mind

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually the glasses thing doesn't have anything to do with Capitalist logic, seems like it is more a Japanese cultural thing & the Japanese idea of "beauty".

The Capitalist thing is that employers choose how their employees should behave and dress - also in very personal details. The employers push this because they feel their customers wants it, which is very much a Capitalist idea

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Posted earlier
The US was founded on Christian values and God has blessed us because of it. As we move more away from Him, then there are consequences.

The balll is in our court:
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
(II Chron 7:14)

How does one get separation of church and state out of this?

• Winner
Reactions: Pedra
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Posted earlier
The US was founded on Christian values and God has blessed us because of it. As we move more away from Him, then there are consequences.

The balll is in our court:
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
(II Chron 7:14)

How does one get separation of church and state out of this?

Were you being humble and turning from wicked ways when you carried out the genocide of the Native Americans? Or when you stole California and the other states during the Mexican War? Or when you kept human beings as slaves for centuries? Or when hundreds of thousands of lives were lost fighting about said slaves?

I'm curious about when exactly was this glorious time when America was close to god and following his virtues?

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's just been another mass shooting in America. In Fresno, California.

Family and friends were gathered in a backyard on a Sunday afternoon to enjoy watching a football together when a gunman came up and began shooting. Four people were shot dead, and six were wounded. There is now known indication at this time that the suspect knew the victims.

• Prayers
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Capitalist thing is that employers choose how their employees should behave and dress - also in very personal details. The employers push this because they feel their customers wants it, which is very much a Capitalist idea
Yes I heard you the first time & I stated my opinion of it is that this is has to do with Japanese culture.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not the Law of Moses. Post-Calvary, no one is to follow the Law of Moses.
I refer to God's moral law by which He will judge , which is why John 3:16 we were given the Gospel to save us from our sin & God's wrath if we repent of our sins & believe having faith in Christ Jesus as our Savior and Lord.

Luke 12:5
"But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Germany is a good example here - in the news last month,
it is now illegal to advertise a cure in Germany. (cures that have been used in Germany and elsewhere for hundreds if not thousands of years)
USA has the exact same kind of laws. So no difference there.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Were you being humble and turning from wicked ways when you carried out the genocide of the Native Americans? Or when you stole California and the other states during the Mexican War? Or when you kept human beings as slaves for centuries? Or when hundreds of thousands of lives were lost fighting about said slaves?

I'm curious about when exactly was this glorious time when America was close to god and following his virtues?
Seems you confuse God's blessings with thinking someone is deserving of it , or their behavior is then stellar , well as we study the Bible we see that is not the case.
God's blessings are apparent.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Seems you confuse God's blessings with thinking someone is deserving of it , or their behavior is then stellar , well as we study the Bible we see that is not the case.
God's blessings are apparent.

As far as I'm concerned you just pick and chose what you want to consider God's blessings and who is apparently blessed by God. If its somewhere or something you personally happen to like then God likes it too. If you don't like it or them, then God doesnt either, regardless of how rewarded by life they might appear to be.

There's a president at the moment who spits in the face of everything the bible said is good Christian behavior, and yet I hear daily here from some people that the guy is blessed by God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As far as I'm concerned you just pick and chose what you want to consider God's blessings and who is apparently blessed by God. If its somewhere or something you personally happen to like then God likes it too. If you don't like it or them, then God doesnt either, regardless of how rewarded by life they might appear to be.

There's a president at the moment who spits in the face of everything the bible said is good Christian behavior, and yet I hear daily here from some people that the guy is blessed by God.
That is a very short perspective you have.
Lol, I see no point in trying to converse about the vast solar system when someone can only see the clouds overhead.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That is a very short perspective you have.
Lol, I see no point in trying to converse about the vast solar system when someone can only see the clouds overhead.

Sorry, but I have no time for the idea that you can just arbitrarily decide that your God favours a thing, based on absolutely no evidence other than your own personal desire. Especially when you decide to apply that supposed favour to deeply immoral and corrupt people.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but I have no time for the idea that you can just arbitrarily decide that your God favours a thing, based on absolutely no evidence other than your own personal desire. Especially when you decide to apply that supposed favour to deeply immoral and corrupt people.
Sorry but your judgment does not determine where God's blessings are. I'm moving along in this cocktail party ....see ya around. Seems funny an atheist would want to weigh in about God's blessings anyway... not believing in God in the first place.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry but your judgment does not determine where God's blessings are. I'm moving along in this cocktail party ....see ya around.

I have absolutely no interest in trying to determine where the supposed blessings of a God I don't believe in belong. I will however call out people who think they can justify the actions of bad men under the camoflage of divine blessing.

Have a good day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have absolutely no interest in trying to determine where the supposed blessings of a God I don't believe in belong. I will however call out people who think they can justify the actions of bad men under the camoflage of divine blessing.

Have a good day.
You are an atheist , so no surprises there.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You are an atheist , so no surprises there.

True, and yet I have a lot of respect for Christians who follow biblical teaching, show humility and compassion and basically do their best to embody the values Christ espoused.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Not him blessed, but the country definitely better than if >>>>

than if someone worse for the country was in his place....

(not arbitrary at all)

p.s. just try to find moral people who are not corrupt, and see how far you get ! ? !

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not him blessed, but the country definitely better than if >>>>

than if someone worse for the country was in his place....

(not arbitrary at all)

p.s. just try to find moral people who are not corrupt, and see how far you get ! ? !

Hey, if you want to take the position that at least Trump is better for America than Clinton would have been, then sure I'll laugh but at least its a position that just reflects your own political beliefs. I'll disagree but that's about it.

That's not the same as saying Trump is somehow blessed by God however.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0