• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am i the only one miserable every single day?

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't. Things can change. I promise.

25886-prayer-lonely.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems to be the only option left. I made huge mistakes in my life and I couldn't beat my circumstances.

I've been a Christian for 20 years but I have stopped expecting miracles anymore.

@Angeleyes7715 I think you have a lot more hope than in my situation. You are worth saving so don't give up yet.

Stay online for a minute....brb

• Prayers
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It seems to be the only option left. I made huge mistakes in my life and I couldn't beat my circumstances.
I'm no good at this role of talking people out of such an awful option. because I feel suicidal myself sometimes. I just hang on to that glimmer of hope, that ray of light. I feel I owe it to God to hang in there. And myself too.
You come across as an intelligent young guy. I think it would be a huge waste. Maybe you haven't discovered your usefulness to God or society yet? Keep searching is my tip. Patience too. hang in there.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
C'Mon!!! Do you not think you're over-dramatizing a little? Think about it...There are some really crap-things in Life (Homelessness is one of those...And been there a few times) but,you are employed at least,with a roof over your head and you're not having a sneak-peek into the dumpster,for potential-dinner.The Truth is,we all are living in very uncertain-times(be it potential for "Natural Disasters, Cataclysms,Wars and Rumours of Wars...And the discussions on future usage of New-Technology.)Sounds like you're feeling stressed and unfulfilled in your job? You're not living in Literal Hell-holes like in Mexico or Venezuela....Over there,you're literally eating from the garbage ,unless you found an alternative food source(i have heard some people are eating their beloved- pets!)

Yeah,life can be unbearable sometimes,but,compared to others, you're doing OK! Hey by the way,you should prepare for much tougher days ahead anyway.Get investing in survival-items(that's what's needed).The U.S.A could be a participant in a World War 3 soon.Homelessness,survivalism could happen...Where people overcome,if they know what to do in those situations.Get ready! Start storing up foods,water and stuff you can't do without (in survival,having self-defence weaponry is not a bad-idea!)

Don't assume because I have somewhere to live I'm alright and overdramatic. I'd say those kids living in the trash in mexico-venezula are number one on worst lives list, next goes to kids starving in other countries, 3rd goes to homeless people anywhere, and I'm probably about 4th lol. I'm in the top ten for bad lives that's for sure.

Mom was schizophrenic, Dad denied me left me as a baby. How many 8 year old kids get to say their mom screamed and made them get on the floor and start praying while pouring oil and granola crumbs on their head or God's going to strike us with lighting. If you guys ever seen for colored girls with Whoopi Goldberg acting crazy. That was my mom. Mom was a hoarder so technically I did live in a trash dump growing up. 22 cats, pee all over the floor, maggots in the closet, yes sometimes I did go without food because mom mismanaged money, cats ate better than we did. Basically friendless loner due to mom's nasty house. Mom starts dating Satanist. I worked hard went to college to try to fix my living situation. Ended up in debt paying for apartments while in college cause it wasn't a good environment at home. I went into a difficult subject thinking the fact that it was science meant I'd make a good income. Turns out my degree wasn't what really got me jobs, it was my cheap pharmacy certification. Forget 5 years of studying and thousands in debt. All worthless, U.S. education robbery!

I haven't mentioned the best part. I come down with some random illness that causes me to smell like rotten eggs and sewer and have all kinds of stomach problems half way through school so I struggled to graduate reason why I took 5 years. Finally once I get into the work force I'm bullied by a majority of my coworkers cause the smell, which no U.S. Dr really helped with.

It gets worse. So eventually my hair starts shedding, my teeth chipping, a ton of vitamin deficiencies, mental confusion, blurring eyes, sinus infections, urinary problems, finally find out I have an abcessed crown. And not only that a abcessed wisdom tooth grew in costing me thousands in dental debt so bad had to pay for bone grafting. As if that's not enough the infection has spread to my ears. Wait it gets better, so I've been prescribed so many antibiotics since that's all it U.S. Drs do now Im dealing with antibiotic resistant strains. Why U.S. Drs ignore antibiotic resistance I don know but they do.

Now, considering all this I'm stuck sitting in a chair doing repetitive mindless work for 8+ hours a day, everyday for 5 days a week, in bad lighting, not enough to pay back my debts, with medical problems, and I can't leave.

Yes my friend, this life is a literal hell.

And to the person who said at least you have a job. Yeah one with no job security what's so ever. It's basically a call center. You sit in a desk all day and enter prescriptions/ resolve errors on the prescriptions, i was doing research in school now I'm doing something mindless. How much you get up, go to the bathroom, how long you eat,what you wear, all of it is monitored and controlled. How fast your going, how many errors you make all of it monitored daily. All their missing is a literal whip. When you're stuck in a chair for 8 hours + a day with no way to escape making a wage that still doesn't pay all your bills off so your basically living paycheck to paycheck yes, you are pretty much a slave.

And yeah we are definitely probably going to be in world war 3. This is what people have been saying for years. Store up canned food and items and what not. Tbh I'm not sure storing up food items and guns will help, I could be wrong but... I don't know.

Last thing, the 8 year old kid I wrote about who was killed by her grandmother and was being abused every day at home. She wasn't a "kid starving in Africa" I'm sure you or someone on here would have told her the same thing in ignorance if she would have said she hated her life. Hey look at least you've got a house and food you've got a good life. You don't know people's lives so please stop with this starving kid in a third world country cliche.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just saw someone's comment on here about suicide. Praying the person is okay, and hoping my post didn't make you feel worse. Suicide isn't a good option in my opinion because we just don't know if God will forgive that action. It's not discussed in the Bible so I'd rather not take that risk even though I agree life is pretty rough. I'm not ready to burn for eternity.

Homelessness is better than burning for eternity. I told myself if I get suicidal from life's pressures for real I'd quit my job and drive to an island or beach or something and be homeless instead. I'd choose that over killing myself.

I just really hope you didn't make that choice Timewerx. Things in life actually can change...That's one of the two hopes I have in this life. God bless.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't assume because I have somewhere to live I'm alright and overdramatic. I'd say those kids living in the trash in mexico-venezula are number one on worst lives list, next goes to kids starving in other countries, 3rd goes to homeless people anywhere, and I'm probably about 4th lol. I'm in the top ten for bad lives that's for sure.

Mom was schizophrenic, Dad denied me left me as a baby. How many 8 year old kids get to say their mom screamed and made them get on the floor and start praying while pouring oil and granola crumbs on their head or God's going to strike us with lighting. If you guys ever seen for colored girls with Whoopi Goldberg acting crazy. That was my mom. Mom was a hoarder so technically I did live in a trash dump growing up. 22 cats, pee all over the floor, maggots in the closet, yes sometimes I did go without food because mom mismanaged money, cats ate better than we did. Basically friendless loner due to mom's nasty house. Mom starts dating Satanist. I worked hard went to college to try to fix my living situation. Ended up in debt paying for apartments while in college cause it wasn't a good environment at home. I went into a difficult subject thinking the fact that it was science meant I'd make a good income. Turns out my degree wasn't what really got me jobs, it was my cheap pharmacy certification. Forget 5 years of studying and thousands in debt. All worthless, U.S. education robbery!

I haven't mentioned the best part. I come down with some random illness that causes me to smell like rotten eggs and sewer and have all kinds of stomach problems half way through school so I struggled to graduate reason why I took 5 years. Finally once I get into the work force I'm bullied by a majority of my coworkers cause the smell, which no U.S. Dr really helped with.

It gets worse. So eventually my hair starts shedding, my teeth chipping, a ton of vitamin deficiencies, mental confusion, blurring eyes, sinus infections, urinary problems, finally find out I have an abcessed crown. And not only that a abcessed wisdom tooth grew in costing me thousands in dental debt so bad had to pay for bone grafting. As if that's not enough the infection has spread to my ears. Wait it gets better, so I've been prescribed so many antibiotics since that's all it U.S. Drs do now Im dealing with antibiotic resistant strains. Why U.S. Drs ignore antibiotic resistance I don know but they do.

Now, considering all this I'm stuck sitting in a chair doing repetitive mindless work for 8+ hours a day, everyday for 5 days a week, in bad lighting, not enough to pay back my debts, with medical problems, and I can't leave.

And to the person who said at least you have a job. Yeah one with no job security what's so ever. It's basically a call center. You sit in a desk all day and enter prescriptions/ resolve errors on the prescriptions, i was doing research in school now I'm doing something mindless. How much you get up, go to the bathroom, how long you eat,what you wear, all of it is monitored and controlled. How fast your going, how many errors you make all of it monitored daily. All their missing is a literal whip. When you're stuck in a chair for 8 hours + a day with no way to escape making a wage that still doesn't pay all your bills off so your basically living paycheck to paycheck yes, you are pretty much a slave.

And yeah we are definitely probably going to be in world war 3. This is what people have been saying for years. Store up canned food and items and what not. Tbh I'm not sure storing up food items and guns will help, I could be wrong but... I don't know.

Last thing, the 8 year old kid I wrote about who was killed by her grandmother and was being abused every day at home. She wasn't a "kid starving in Africa" I'm sure you or someone on here would have told her the same thing in ignorance if she would have said she hated her life. Hey look at least you've got a house and food you've got a good life. You don't know people's lives so please stop with this starving kid in a third world country cliche.
Yeah don't feel like you need to explain yourself, your pain is valid even if you aren't starving or homeless, one person called me a narcissist for being depressed,,,so just take some people's words with a grain of salt.

And I'm sorry you endured all of that... I saw that colored girls movie. I'm wishing you the best <3

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just saw someone's comment on here about suicide. Praying the person is okay, and hoping my post didn't make you feel worse. Suicide isn't a good option in my opinion because we just don't know if God will forgive that action. It's not discussed in the Bible so I'd rather not take that risk even though I agree life is pretty rough. I'm not ready to burn for eternity.

Homelessness is better than burning for eternity. I told myself if I get suicidal from life's pressures for real I'd quit my job and drive to an island or beach or something and be homeless instead. I'd choose that over killing myself.

I just really hope you didn't make that choice Timewerx. Things in life actually can change...That's one of the two hopes I have in this life. God bless.
Right. Then I wonder like, what if its actually worse on the other side you know? But mostly like you said,,,thinga can change and I hold out for that hope.

I hope Timewerks is okay.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You don't know people's lives so please stop with this starving kid in a third world country cliche.
Ok fair enough. I might be one of the guilty ones there. I think I understand you a bit better now. You are overdue for a change of luck. I just pray you get some. God Bless.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread was moved from Christian Advice to Depression Disorders. A clean up also had to be done.

Please keep you responses helpful, and do not flame anyone.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Many of us are loaded with family baggage that drags us down. With the recent death of my brother I broke all ties with my father's side of the family. I can't tell you how much better I feel. "Free at last , free at last. Thank God Almighty, free at last."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many of us are loaded with family baggage that drags us down. With the recent death of my brother I broke all ties with my father's side of the family. I can't tell you how much better I feel. "Free at last , free at last. Thank God Almighty, free at last."
Similar situation with me coincidining with my sister's death in 2010. I relate.

Upvote 0

The Brown Brink

Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
✟27,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do pray and I do read my Bible but I'm still miserable. Personally I think this life is terrible and Ive noticed everyday I get on my phone and look up articles about how much I hate my job or my life. Literally everyday.

Is this normal? I mean I know life is tough and other people don't like life's responsibilities either for the most part but Im outright near tears everyday I wake up from start to finish with good reasons why.

I don't like working a 9-5 with absolutely no pay off because bills and taxes take all the money. What's worse is everyday is on repeat and I can't end myself because it leads to hell so I'm suppose to go on a corporate slave until retirement.

I don't like that other people are always doing things to inconvenience me. For example some person almost hit me today cause they jumped out Infront of me in their car. Now one of my apartment neighbors burnt their food and I can't breathe in my apartment. I open the windows but can't even get fresh air because my other neighbors smoke cigarettes to pollute the earth. Other people make my life miserable.

I dont like that many times I can't hear myself think because other people are talking or laughing outrageously loud when I'm in public. I go outside at lunch to get away from my co-workers just to think and i cant because they follow me. I'm not mad at them, I just don't like always dealing with people like co-workers. I feel like socializing wastes my time sometimes.

If anyone has seen the movie the accountant.... My mom says that's like me. The guy doesn't like too much conversation, is a minimalist, doesn't like noise that messes up his sensory control. I'm a more mild version of that.

I don't like that 99% of everything in America is a scam. Astronomical fees for everything that leave us in wage slavery until death.

But in general all of this makes my life seem like a never ending misery fest. I'm trapped in a world I hate and can't even do what I want because God says I'll burn.

I despise I only have a few years on this planet and am so hung up on just trying to survive corporate America I can hardly appreciate God cause all I can do is think of how I don't want to be homeless.

Oh, you poor darling!
I'm so sorry!
I could cry for you because I remember being the same way!
Years ago...
Then I heard some particular words that reached my mind in a particular way and hallelujah!
I finally got it!

The yoke is easy and the load is light.

You don't have to be a slave to anything, but you think you do, I know.
You don't.
People will expect this and that from you.
Their expectations are hard to meet.
But here's the thing: you don't have to meet people's expectations.
You need only meet Jesus's expectations, and His are easy!
It's wonderful!
His are right and good and true and you'll be alright if you carry on like Jesus says.
You don't have to worry!
Keep your wants and your needs simple, like Jesus did, and your income can be small.
If your income can be small, you can earn your keep by doing something you like to do, instead of something that brings in lots of money.
If you earn your keep by doing something you like to do, you won't feel so irritable, either. You'll notice how beautiful the world is, and you'll feel glad to see it.
Jesus wants you to be happy.
The things He says to do will make you happy.

For me, the hallelujah moment was like learning to float in water...
You have to let go.
And then you float.

Trust Jesus.
You'll be alright.

Upvote 0

SpeckOdust

Jan 24, 2017
U.K
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Hello,hey look,I did not mean to sound uncaring or as if I was minimising your Pain! ( Pain is Painful ) I empathise with you,OK? I've been in a few crappy-situations before...I do acknowledge that,by what you wrote,you've had your share.I'm sorry if i said the wrong thing.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello,hey look,I did not mean to sound uncaring or as if I was minimising your Pain! ( Pain is Painful ) I empathise with you,OK? I've been in a few crappy-situations before...I do acknowledge that,by what you wrote,you've had your share.I'm sorry if i said the wrong thing.

It's okay, you were probably just trying to be helpful. No hard feelings. It's cool.

Upvote 0
Mar 24, 2017
Houston
Visit site
✟16,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Don't worry, I realized that god must have a sense of humor since we need to laugh to get through the worse of times. even in Corinthians or Ephesians it mentions how they were joyful in their time of persecution. Do you really think they were their being dogmatic.
simply finding amusement in their situation, probably to keep them sane. and hopeful.
How can one go through their worse times without being of joy. and yes the world will hate you. but you know what. The funny thing, the world hates no matter what you do.
If your sad. they hate you for it. if your happy they hate you for it. If your Christian they hate you for it. if your something else they will still hate you for it.
But mainly for being Christian because it flares peoples arrogance to have someone be dare I say, I will. BETTER THAN THEM.

that flares most peoples sense of arrogance.

Surpassing someone like its forbidden to be better. oh dear no. what is this world coming to when you can't make the attempt and improve yourself because others ego's. But still and important to know that a sad face makes the heart glad.

Jesus's yoke is the essential process of life being transcended into what was once held to us as water and pure. Through our difficulties which we were not innocent, other wise we would still find the beauty easily crying out where we had done no wrong. But sure we would feel satisfied with our sadness if we did.
We get mixed up with others transgressions and turn away from our chance to have the easy path what now seems like a simple slap on the wrist and we endure and suffer more just to enter into life. But it is still there. To think it is possible to be thankful for all the suffering one has gone through at the end of their life. That is grace.

Upvote 0