• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am i the only one miserable every single day?

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do pray and I do read my Bible but I'm still miserable. Personally I think this life is terrible and Ive noticed everyday I get on my phone and look up articles about how much I hate my job or my life. Literally everyday.

Is this normal? I mean I know life is tough and other people don't like life's responsibilities either for the most part but Im outright near tears everyday I wake up from start to finish with good reasons why.

I don't like working a 9-5 with absolutely no pay off because bills and taxes take all the money. What's worse is everyday is on repeat and I can't end myself because it leads to hell so I'm suppose to go on a corporate slave until retirement.

I don't like that other people are always doing things to inconvenience me. For example some person almost hit me today cause they jumped out Infront of me in their car. Now one of my apartment neighbors burnt their food and I can't breathe in my apartment. I open the windows but can't even get fresh air because my other neighbors smoke cigarettes to pollute the earth. Other people make my life miserable.

I dont like that many times I can't hear myself think because other people are talking or laughing outrageously loud when I'm in public. I go outside at lunch to get away from my co-workers just to think and i cant because they follow me. I'm not mad at them, I just don't like always dealing with people like co-workers. I feel like socializing wastes my time sometimes.

If anyone has seen the movie the accountant.... My mom says that's like me. The guy doesn't like too much conversation, is a minimalist, doesn't like noise that messes up his sensory control. I'm a more mild version of that.

I don't like that 99% of everything in America is a scam. Astronomical fees for everything that leave us in wage slavery until death.

But in general all of this makes my life seem like a never ending misery fest. I'm trapped in a world I hate and can't even do what I want because God says I'll burn.

I despise I only have a few years on this planet and am so hung up on just trying to survive corporate America I can hardly appreciate God cause all I can do is think of how I don't want to be homeless.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do pray and I do read my Bible but I'm still miserable. Personally I think this life is terrible and Ive noticed everyday I get on my phone and look up articles about how much I hate my job or my life. Literally everyday.

Is this normal? I mean I know life is tough and other people don't like life's responsibilities either for the most part but Im outright near tears everyday I wake up from start to finish with good reasons why.

I don't like working a 9-5 with absolutely no pay off because bills and taxes take all the money. What's worse is everyday is on repeat and I can't end myself because it leads to hell so I'm suppose to go on a corporate slave until retirement.

I don't like that other people are always doing things to inconvenience me. For example some person almost hit me today cause they jumped out Infront of me in their car. Now one of my apartment neighbors burnt their food and I can't breathe in my apartment. I open the windows but can't even get fresh air because my other neighbors smoke cigarettes to pollute the earth. Other people make my life miserable.

I dont like that many times I can't hear myself think because other people are talking or laughing outrageously loud when I'm in public. I go outside at lunch to get away from my co-workers just to think and i cant because they follow me. I'm not mad at them, I just don't like always dealing with people like co-workers. I feel like socializing wastes my time sometimes.

If anyone has seen the movie the accountant.... My mom says that's like me. The guy doesn't like too much conversation, is a minimalist, doesn't like noise that messes up his sensory control. I'm a more mild version of that.

But in general all of this makes my life seem like a never ending misery fest. I'm trapped in a world I hate and can't even do what I want because God says I'll burn.

How is your relationship with God? It sounds like you feel distant from Him

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
How is your relationship with God? It sounds like you feel distant from Him

Tbh the only time I feel really close to God is when I don't have to work my 9-5. When I work my 9-5 the only thing I think about is my 9-5 and how much I hate being there. Maybe other people have work life balance. For me spending my entire day at one place in a chair typing for 8 hours only to get up to go to the bathroom is torture. I'd rather be hung. I've honestly Co soldered signing up for the military in hopes I die so I can get out of sitting in a Godless cubicle.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

I don't like that 99% of everything in America is a scam. Astronomical fees for everything that leave us in wage slavery until death.

I despise I only have a few years on this planet and am so hung up on just trying to survive corporate America I can hardly appreciate God cause all I can do is think of how I don't want to be homeless.
I think you are genuinely copping a hard time and I feel sorry for that. But I think there must some light in your day, that you aren't noticing. Sometimes when we feel depressed, we don't even notice the sun shining.
One thing I am learning about being a Christian is gratitude. Just for small things like nice weather.
My dog smiled at me this morning. it helped. When I get down, I notice nothing good in the world. pets are here I think to remind us, that the world is not all bad.
But I can empathise about jobs and career, making you feel nauseated everyday. I only work part0time so that helps. I honestly think some of us are not cut out to work full-time. That might sound like lazy to some people but in order for us to stay sane, I really think so.

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is this normal?
No.
Most people do not read the BIBLE.
i.e. So few do, it is not at all considered "normal" to read the BIBLE.

That alone makes you potentially a rare treasure, (precious more than billions of others) to GOD and to ekklesia everywhere and a blessing to all those around you. (even if you never realized it nor felt like it)

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unlike typical middle class Americans I've had maybe 3 real vacations my entire life. My life has always consisted of drama so lness depression a d misery due to family illnesses. I worked hard in high school and college with basically no parent support in hopes of be able to give myself a less miserable life. All college did was buy me a ticket to more poverty and hard work. My whole life is passing me by. I work eat and sleep. There's no joy in anything else because my job has ruined my entire life. It doesn't matter what 9-5i work I hate it. I hate working for someone and making them rich. I'll never be happy that way. This can't be what God wants for me. I've even thought of being homeless in a van just to have a few moments of freedom even if I get killed in my sleep is be able to say I lived and did something outside of sit in a cubicle.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
But I think sometimes when we hit rock bottom and make desperate choices like homelessness, we increase our chances of a positive change. There is more room for grace. God's help.
We need to get fresh eyes anyway. To get away from the rat race and have a fresh perspective.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Sorry for all these posts angel, but if I can just add. My greatest fear is knocking on a sibling's door and saying "hey can I stay with you for a while? I need a roof over my head." Pride makes me stubborn. I'd rather stay outside in the cold and rain, than do that.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Hello

It seems as though you have lost faith and hope. Give your worries to God and live your life with peace of heart that your reward is in heaven. Have faith and hope in God.

Open your heart to Jesus and allow The Spirit in.

1 cor 13.13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

John 2:17

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

1 peter 5:7
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Dont give up. Endure

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Saw this a few months ago ( i.e. many people thought of it) >>
Look through and see if it really might be feasible.....
===================================================
People are ditching apartments to live the 'van life' | Circa News ...
circa.com/whoa/.../people-are-ditching-apartments-to-live-the-van-life - Cached
Sep 21, 2016 ... The 'van life'. Imagine paying $120 to live in a studio in Los Angeles, California, where the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment is about ...

==================================================
Living in a Van - Priceonomics
Living in a Van - Cached
Oct 5, 2012 ... Have these people figured out the best way to live? ... ($10,000 initial cost + $2,000 in repairs or supplies) to launch your new van lifestyle.

===================================================
How to Live in a Van, from a Real-Life Hobo | The Inertia
www.theinertia.com/surf/how-to-live-in-a-van-from-a-real-life-hobo/ - Cached - Similar
Jan 10, 2015 ... We've been living out of our van in Venice, which to me, is similar to living inside a ... Appreciate the little miracles that happen along the way. ... to help anyone that is in need...of adventure...of a new life...of just a cheaper one.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You made your post - which makes you a winner. The world and everything in it will someday be burnt up - eternity, just around the corner is going to be great. Even so, come Lord Jesus. Treasure in heaven awaits. Jesus is coming and his reward is with him.

My prayers are with you... reduce the stress, I think that is what you are after. And I hope you pray for me, as well. Sometimes when you are down, it is up to us other Christians to let you know we all love you.

If you are a Christian this what you got - the Holy Spirit in your soul - which your soul is your meeting place with God. Which the presence of the Holy Spirit, forever never to leave you, gives your soul eternal life.

God is like that concrete bridge abutment - in His love for you. He is not going to move.

If you get into studying the end-times you will see that everything is messed up for a reason.
You are not alone in your thinking. The great hope is that Jesus is coming to take us out of the world soon.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Life can be a real bummer.
But hey, you made it to adulthood, you went to college, you got a job which probably means that you have weekends off. You have family. You live in America. You have a Bible and know how to read. You are not refused renting an apartment because you're a Christian. and so you do have a place to call home, with a roof over your head. Presumably the water coming out of your tap is clean enough to drink, and you have a flush toilet. You have electricity and access to the net.
There are literally millions of people who cannot say these things. Millions never make it past their 5th birthday, let alone their 20th. Many have lost their families - and millions more are doing so right now through war and famine. Millions have lost/are losing their homes and all they own. Millions cannot read or write because they never had the chance to go to school. Many are really just trying to survive living off garbage dumps or scavenging in waste bins. Millions have no access to clean water or any kind of toilet.

So like Bettercallpaul says, look up and see all that is good and positive around you. The sun does shine, and if it's hidden behind a rain cloud thank God for the rain - lots of places haven't had enough rain in months to grow a radish. You're well enough to be able to go to work. You have a Mom with whom you can apparently talk. And when you're really feeling down pray for those who are far worse off, people who would love to have as privileged (!) a life as you have.

I'm not trying to be cynical, nor judgemental ... when I lie for hours in severe pain, I thank God I don't have Hanson's disease (leprosy) and that I can at least feel my toes and fingers and experience the pain that tells me something is wrong. Then I think of all those who have far worse conditions than I do, and I start praying for them. Taking my mind away from myself and focusing on them, I find helps a lot to relieve my pain. When I get into deep depression, I try to stop thinking of my own miserableness and imagine who I can find who needs help that I can provide. Getting my mind off of myself and onto others seems to help me a lot. No I am not a saint, and don't mean to blow my own horn ... this works for me, so maybe something equivalent will work for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another tip... I think bettercallpaul has also mentioned it. Paul wrote it to the Thessalonians

" Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. " (1 Thess. 5: 16-18)

Try reading Paul's letter to the Philippians. He wrote from prison. As you read it, notice how often he gives thanks for something (usually people) and notice also how much joy there is in the letter. I think this is probably the happiest book in the New Testament, and it's not coincidence that the joy is coupled to the thankfulness.

Count your blessings. Literally. Write them on a piece of paper (you may need more than one) and put it on your fridge door (you do have a fridge, don't you?).

• Agree
Reactions: dhh712
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Count your blessings. Literally. Write them on a piece of paper (you may need more than one) and put it on your fridge door (you do have a fridge, don't you?).
This is great advice! I used to feel like Angel does, but now that I found antidepressants that work I'm much better. But during my depressed years my therapist told me to write down my blessings. It was hard at first because when you're depressed you literally can't think straight. Your post #14 is a good start. I think that anyone who has access to the Internet in order to post stuff like Angel is doing is blessed in more ways than they can think of.

I second the idea of writing down blessings, and maybe looking into talking to a psychiatrist or therapist.

• Agree
Reactions: dhh712
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have read several of your threads and it is obvious you are struggling.
Do you know a Christian who could pray with you and encourage you in you faith. Jesus loves you and want to heal your broken heart and restore your hope in Him.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes I know how you feel especially when others lives seemed to be changing in front of me..

What I'm doing is making goals, a long list that will project me forward to the life I want.
And taking notice of what other people are doing(who are successful) and emulate that.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Tbh the only time I feel really close to God is when I don't have to work my 9-5.
No worries then - most people never even feel close to God once, or rarely anyway.
So we seek to learn from God, what to do about all the other time,
and to verify we are doing what HE wants us to do all the time.
Often we are misled. (often by men (or women) we trusted)...
God will not mislead us.
Trust HIM>

Upvote 0