• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am i the only one miserable every single day?

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tbh the only time I feel really close to God is when I don't have to work my 9-5. When I work my 9-5 the only thing I think about is my 9-5 and how much I hate being there. Maybe other people have work life balance. For me spending my entire day at one place in a chair typing for 8 hours only to get up to go to the bathroom is torture. I'd rather be hung. I've honestly Co soldered signing up for the military in hopes I die so I can get out of sitting in a Godless cubicle.

We know in the word that we are lights in dark places. Do you think God is calling you to minister to anyone in your work place?

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
✟45,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Tbh the only time I feel really close to God is when I don't have to work my 9-5. When I work my 9-5 the only thing I think about is my 9-5 and how much I hate being there. Maybe other people have work life balance. For me spending my entire day at one place in a chair typing for 8 hours only to get up to go to the bathroom is torture. I'd rather be hung. I've honestly Co soldered signing up for the military in hopes I die so I can get out of sitting in a Godless cubicle.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your job? I would love to sit in a chair and type for a job. I love typing.

Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do pray and I do read my Bible but I'm still miserable. Personally I think this life is terrible and Ive noticed everyday I get on my phone and look up articles about how much I hate my job or my life. Literally everyday.

Is this normal? I mean I know life is tough and other people don't like life's responsibilities either for the most part but Im outright near tears everyday I wake up from start to finish with good reasons why.

I don't like working a 9-5 with absolutely no pay off because bills and taxes take all the money. What's worse is everyday is on repeat and I can't end myself because it leads to hell so I'm suppose to go on a corporate slave until retirement.

I don't like that other people are always doing things to inconvenience me. For example some person almost hit me today cause they jumped out Infront of me in their car. Now one of my apartment neighbors burnt their food and I can't breathe in my apartment. I open the windows but can't even get fresh air because my other neighbors smoke cigarettes to pollute the earth. Other people make my life miserable.

I dont like that many times I can't hear myself think because other people are talking or laughing outrageously loud when I'm in public. I go outside at lunch to get away from my co-workers just to think and i cant because they follow me. I'm not mad at them, I just don't like always dealing with people like co-workers. I feel like socializing wastes my time sometimes.

If anyone has seen the movie the accountant.... My mom says that's like me. The guy doesn't like too much conversation, is a minimalist, doesn't like noise that messes up his sensory control. I'm a more mild version of that.

I don't like that 99% of everything in America is a scam. Astronomical fees for everything that leave us in wage slavery until death.

But in general all of this makes my life seem like a never ending misery fest. I'm trapped in a world I hate and can't even do what I want because God says I'll burn.

I despise I only have a few years on this planet and am so hung up on just trying to survive corporate America I can hardly appreciate God cause all I can do is think of how I don't want to be homeless.

I felt pretty much like that for years. I wish I had some great advice to give, but I do not. It took me until I was 45-years-old to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and have been working as a solo practitioner attorney for almost three years now. Things did get better when it became obvious that I was horrible at working for other people and just needed to figure out how to take my education and do something on my own. I was lucky in that I had a job that allowed me to build my practice until it was time to quit and go work for myself.

It is my hope that you have a background in something that will allow you to make a similar move. Find something you like and figure out how to do it for a living.

And you are right -- working in corporate America is a complete and total drag. I hope you have some alternatives.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus taught people to greet not only those who greet them, but others as well. That might lessen the isolation. Jesus also taught us to visit the sick and those in prison. It is difficult to fulfill that if one cannot even talk to the neighbors or coworkers. It is not uncommon for neighbors to be isolated from each other. There are social organizations outside of work one may look to join. Meetup.com lists local clubs and gatherings near one's location.

After dropping out of college I eventually found a job doing entry level apartment maintenance. II got a job being a night cook at McDonald's working until after midnight as a second job. I was working over 60 hours a week. The apartment management paid part of my rent. I left my night job to go to a community college nights to learn to repair HVAC systems. My parents sent money for me to buy a pick up truck as I was on a motorcycle at the time. I got little sleep. Did not have as much time to feel sorry for myself.

I was reading the Bible when I could and eventually gained more understanding. Sometimes I read a book of the Bible in one sitting, unless it was really long like Isaiah. When I was out of work due to an injury, I spent hours searching for answers in big city libraries and and on the Internet. Reading introduced me to text from authors of subjects I was interested in.

More recently I got into online dating after a long dry spell. I met a woman who told me she has been divorced longer than she was married. At least I have been meeting women. I have a rule of no fornication. It is much work, but has brought some pleasant times.

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmm...how about missionary work? maybe in some type of health care clinic outreach or in some other capacity that suits your particular skills/talents?

It could be that your unsatisfied because you're not where you should be?
I saw this go on with my step-daughter and her husband, they wanted something
but what? they began praying and seeking the Lord in the matter. What they
ended up doing was serving in the medical field in a third world country...they
re-upped for another "tour of duty" last year.

Speaking for what I did when I was younger...
I didn't have a lot of money, so I enrolled for about 3 months at a community college to get certified to be a CNA/caregiver. After getting certified and a couple of years of professional work, I went out on my own and got my own patients and set my own hours...I needed flexibility because I had my own mom to look after physically and financially for several years until she qualified for in home care.
I spent several years working every day of the week, I got off enough time to attend church on Sunday and Wednesday evening services.

Much of my younger years were spent living hand-to-mouth, being without modern conveniences because my parents were dirty poor blacks who farmed, hunted, trapped, fished etc and we lived way out in the country far from town.

• Winner
Reactions: danstribe
Upvote 0

Abbagirl2017

Apr 12, 2017
Jacksonville
✟16,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I felt pretty much like that for years. I wish I had some great advice to give, but I do not. It took me until I was 45-years-old to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and have been working as a solo practitioner attorney for almost three years now. Things did get better when it became obvious that I was horrible at working for other people and just needed to figure out how to take my education and do something on my own. I was lucky in that I had a job that allowed me to build my practice until it was time to quit and go work for myself.

It is my hope that you have a background in something that will allow you to make a similar move. Find something you like and figure out how to do it for a living.

And you are right -- working in corporate America is a complete and total drag. I hope you have some alternatives.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry for all these posts angel, but if I can just add. My greatest fear is knocking on a sibling's door and saying "hey can I stay with you for a while? I need a roof over my head." Pride makes me stubborn. I'd rather stay outside in the cold and rain, than do That.
That's how I am too actually.

Upvote 0

Nick714

Mar 6, 2017
new york
✟21,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it sounds like you are under a poverty curse. poverty is not only with money but feeling like everything that you do does not work and that your not successful in what you do and that you have less than enough no matter what it is, patience, love, grace, joy, charisma etc. you can have many different things surrounding it. curses like, oppression, defeat, mental and physical sickness, family breakdown, oppression, failure, humiliation, poverty. so i am going to pray for you right now.

God i thank you for this person, and for the life that you gave to him/her. i ask that you could use there life to bring glory to your name. i pray and ask that you will break and bind every curse listed and every curse over him/her that needs to be removed at this time. i speak healing and life into her heart and mind and for your grace to be loosed upon her. i ask that you will start to guide and uncover the life that you have planned for this person and draw her closer to you in a relationship with righteousness and sanctification. in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Upvote 0

Abbagirl2017

Apr 12, 2017
Jacksonville
✟16,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi there.I want to encourage you.I don't work 9-5 well either so now I am constructing my own work conditions . I also need to keep focus that we are strangers and black sheep here.My life is in Christ. Don't just read or be miserable.Seek God with all your heart.Follow him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

Abbagirl2017 New Member
Hi there.I want to encourage you.I don't work 9-5 well either so now I am constructing my own work conditions ....
I should hope not ! (child labor and all......)
In the picture you don't look even ten years old ! :) hahaha
welcome in JESUS, always
@Abbagirl2017,...Seek God with all your heart.Follow him
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES ! YES ! YES! Shalom !

• Haha
Reactions: danstribe
Upvote 0

redstang281

Jan 4, 2002
Maryland
✟14,300.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do pray and I do read my Bible but I'm still miserable. Personally I think this life is terrible and Ive noticed everyday I get on my phone and look up articles about how much I hate my job or my life. Literally everyday.

Is this normal? I mean I know life is tough and other people don't like life's responsibilities either for the most part but Im outright near tears everyday I wake up from start to finish with good reasons why.

I feel the same as you, I work in corporate America and I am so sick of it. Try to find some kind of balance in your life between your work and your free time. Spend time with friends and family, focus on some hobbies or other interest. You need to give yourself an escape in order to recharge your batteries. When you're not at work try to block it out of your mind. Go for walks in nature or a quiet place where you can be alone that helps me a lot. Sometimes it's hard to pray when you feel really down, so try to just focus on God without actually saying or thinking anything and just feel God's presence. Just know that he is there and understands everything you need and all you are feeling without you saying anything.

I don't like working a 9-5 with absolutely no pay off because bills and taxes take all the money. What's worse is everyday is on repeat and I can't end myself because it leads to hell so I'm suppose to go on a corporate slave until retirement.

You have more control than you realize. Remember you're in charge of your life, you can make a change if you want to. Take a look at this article here to help you get started. I'm working on this too but for me I have a lot of dependents so it might be easier for you to get free.

Meet Mr. Money Mustache

I also recommend this video.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,873.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I felt somewhat like that last year, constantly down, depressed, life wasn't going how I thought it should go. I feel better than i did last year but that's due to a change of habits and setting some goals before myself. My question is what do you want to do? Sounds like you hate your office job, sitting around for 8 hours also seems like torture to me. Do you exercise? What do with the free time you have at your disposal?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Consider ...

what
if God is in charge ?
What
if (as is the case) God scheduled all the days perfectly (of course men always mess up),
and God is in charge ? HE knows everything about everything, for all time, for everyone,
and HE arranges everything , as HE says, "for the GOOD of those... "..... for who ? :)

As long as we obey JESUS:
Matthew 16:24-26J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

24-26 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone wants to follow in my footsteps he must give up all right to himself, take up his cross and follow me. .." .. et al...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Thank you for admitting this. My degree is in biochemistry and I'm work as a pharmacy technician. Im trying to start a business but it's taking forever. I'm also miserable cause I'm sick all the time so I'm sure that doesn't help. For the people suggesting I minister at my job. Stop telling people to preach to people wherever you go. God made an example by his life not selling the Bible to people during a corporate job where you are supposed to be working anyway. Right now I'm just trying to keep my head a float if people can see that I'm sick all the time and don't have money plus miserable I doubt anyone would want to listen to me minister anything. For example my sister knows I'm always suffering so she doesn't believe anything I say about God.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

I don't like that other people are always doing things to inconvenience me. For example some person almost hit me today cause they jumped out Infront of me in their car. Now one of my apartment neighbors burnt their food and I can't breathe in my apartment. I open the windows but can't even get fresh air because my other neighbors smoke cigarettes to pollute the earth. Other people make my life miserable.

I dont like that many times I can't hear myself think because other people are talking or laughing outrageously loud when I'm in public. I go outside at lunch to get away from my co-workers just to think and i cant because they follow me. I'm not mad at them, I just don't like always dealing with people like co-workers. I feel like socializing wastes my time sometimes.

If anyone has seen the movie the accountant.... My mom says that's like me. The guy doesn't like too much conversation, is a minimalist, doesn't like noise that messes up his sensory control. I'm a more mild version of that.

I don't like that 99% of everything in America is a scam. Astronomical fees for everything that leave us in wage slavery until death.

But in general all of this makes my life seem like a never ending misery fest. I'm trapped in a world I hate and can't even do what I want because God says I'll burn.

I despise I only have a few years on this planet and am so hung up on just trying to survive corporate America I can hardly appreciate God cause all I can do is think of how I don't want to be homeless.

You're a pharmacy technician, right?

At least you have a job

Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for admitting this. My degree is in biochemistry and I'm work as a pharmacy technician. Im trying to start a business but it's taking forever. I'm also miserable cause I'm sick all the time so I'm sure that doesn't help. For the people suggesting I minister at my job. Stop telling people to preach to people wherever you go. God made an example by his life not selling the Bible to people during a corporate job where you are supposed to be working anyway. Right now I'm just trying to keep my head a float if people can see that I'm sick all the time and don't have money plus miserable I doubt anyone would want to listen to me minister anything. For example my sister knows I'm always suffering so she doesn't believe anything I say about God.

You're welcome, and I just wish I had some advice. What I got sick of back when I was in bad shape was people telling me to buck up, cheer up, etc. None of that helped at all. It would seem to me that biochemistry is a field with some opportunities and I do hope that is the case for you.

I don't know if it helps, but it took a couple of years to get my law firm to the point where it could support my family (my wife quit her job 13 months ago and has been bossing me around our office since then). Building a business does take time, but it is awesome when you get it to work.

Upvote 0

SpeckOdust

Jan 24, 2017
U.K
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

C'Mon!!! Do you not think you're over-dramatizing a little? Think about it...There are some really crap-things in Life (Homelessness is one of those...And been there a few times) but,you are employed at least,with a roof over your head and you're not having a sneak-peek into the dumpster,for potential-dinner.The Truth is,we all are living in very uncertain-times(be it potential for "Natural Disasters, Cataclysms,Wars and Rumours of Wars...And the discussions on future usage of New-Technology.)Sounds like you're feeling stressed and unfulfilled in your job? You're not living in Literal Hell-holes like in Mexico or Venezuela....Over there,you're literally eating from the garbage ,unless you found an alternative food source(i have heard some people are eating their beloved- pets!)

Yeah,life can be unbearable sometimes,but,compared to others, you're doing OK! Hey by the way,you should prepare for much tougher days ahead anyway.Get investing in survival-items(that's what's needed).The U.S.A could be a participant in a World War 3 soon.Homelessness,survivalism could happen...Where people overcome,if they know what to do in those situations.Get ready! Start storing up foods,water and stuff you can't do without (in survival,having self-defence weaponry is not a bad-idea!)

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I am sorry you are under so much stress. I read that you felt God would say you'll burn. I no longer believe in hell and it made me feel better about Gods love for me and allowed me to have less stress. I think God loves you deeply and will help you through.

Upvote 0