United States of America
✟7,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So, There is something pretty strange going on with me lately, I'm not sure really how to describe it...but i will try my best! I've been spacing out a lot lately, like this goes on for almost the whole entire day. Even when I'm talking to people but more so when I'm just by myself.

My outlook on things have changed and by that I don't mean my morals or beliefs or anything, but when I look at things I feel like I'm not really looking at them but I'm just seeing them haha I hope this makes sense to someone because I really need some help. I don't know if this is a heath problem, or if i'm entering the first few stages of going mentally insane ha.

I feel like I don't have any real connections with anyone because I'm not fully there. I am out on my own for the first time, I'm all alone in my dorm-no roommates-I have trouble making friends, so I don't really have any. I have a boyfriend but I feel like I can't really connect with him either because of this strange problem. I don't know what to do anymore! Can someone please give me some advice if they know any...
-Thank you!! :)

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
First off, welcome to the forum.:)

I've had this happen before too, only for very brief periods of time. It seems to happen when I'm extremely tired or very stressed; I know what I'm doing but it feels like a dream, something I'm doing unconsciously. It happens sometimes but if you're experiencing this on a regular basis I'd suggest visiting a doctor.

Upvote 0

My Savior My God

Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
United States of America
✟7,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, maybe that's it, maybe i'm just really stressed out. It could also be the fact that subconsciously I don't want to deal with being on my own and having to "grow up" ha. I am pretty mature for my age but the whole fact that now I have to take care of myself financially (and do my own laundry;)) makes me really sad. :o

Also though, I've been having a bit of trouble with my current relationship. Usually I don't care if my boyfriend has his "boys night" because I know that like any guy he needs to spend time with his friends. But I've been acting like a baby about it and pouting whenever he has his boys night. That's not someone I want to be. I don't know if that has something to do with the state of mind i'm in but I noticed that when I try to talk to him about it I go into this deeper unconsciousness and don't even know what I'm saying. Its really scary because it feels like its not even me talking. I feel like a robot!!!

Upvote 0

Waren7

Nov 11, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟7,941.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, maybe that's it, maybe i'm just really stressed out.

I don't know if that has something to do with the state of mind i'm in but I noticed that when I try to talk to him about it I go into this deeper unconsciousness and don't even know what I'm saying. Its really scary because it feels like its not even me talking. I feel like a robot!!!

If you're stressed out you should know it.. It shouldn't be a maybe I am, it should be a yes I am.

Do you find yourself feeling alone and sad, or constantly worrying? You say you go into a deeper unconsciousness, so your losing touch with yourself? do you feel you are laking anything in your life right now?

Upvote 0

My Savior My God

Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
United States of America
✟7,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If you're stressed out you should know it.. It shouldn't be a maybe I am, it should be a yes I am.

Do you find yourself feeling alone and sad, or constantly worrying? You say you go into a deeper unconsciousness, so your losing touch with yourself? do you feel you are lacking anything in your life right now?

Yeah that's exactly it! I feel alone and sad a lot, and I'm not so much worrying but more like analyzing things-mostly about my boyfriend-and It feels like i'm losing touch with myself. I definitely feel that I am lacking God in my life. I mean I am a strong Christian, but my relationship with Him hasn't been so great ever since things started getting busier.

Upvote 0

StarCannon

Warmaster
Oct 27, 2007
At home.
✟9,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah that's exactly it! I feel alone and sad a lot, and I'm not so much worrying but more like analyzing things-mostly about my boyfriend-and It feels like i'm losing touch with myself. I definitely feel that I am lacking God in my life. I mean I am a strong Christian, but my relationship with Him hasn't been so great ever since things started getting busier.

... Indeed. I could tell you what I think is happening, but I doubt you'll appreciate my insight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

sounds like you need to find a way to take a step back and refocus. Spend more time in the Word and in prayer/worship. I'm not sure what you mean about your boyfriend but if your relationship with him is causing you to be depressed at all thats something you need to address. Maybe that means taking some time for your self to get some space away from him and reflect on your relationship before talking to him.

Upvote 0

ernest_theweedwhackerguy

Hello, I'm Ernest P. Worrell
Jun 1, 2004
New York
✟16,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, There is something pretty strange going on with me lately, I'm not sure really how to describe it...but i will try my best! I've been spacing out a lot lately, like this goes on for almost the whole entire day. Even when I'm talking to people but more so when I'm just by myself.

My outlook on things have changed and by that I don't mean my morals or beliefs or anything, but when I look at things I feel like I'm not really looking at them but I'm just seeing them haha I hope this makes sense to someone because I really need some help. I don't know if this is a heath problem, or if i'm entering the first few stages of going mentally insane ha.

Sounds like you need to lay off the Mary Jane for a while, let your brain cells regroup, and you'll be good to go. ;) :p

Upvote 0

ExaltTheLord

Praise His Name Forever and Ever Amen
Jul 30, 2008
Oregon
✟7,626.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My advice would be to try not to think about "this" problem alot, try to do things that get you excited (Good things of course, biking, chess, whatever you feel interested in).

Atleast for me, things that effect your pyschy usually just get worse it you worry yourself over them too much.

Call your parents up daily, just have casually conversations about your day with them, God gave you family for this exact reason :))).

God Bless friend.

Upvote 0

Admiral Kirk

Star Trek Fan
May 3, 2008
Space: The Final Frontier
✟7,784.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This sometimes happens to me, but normally only when I'm tired, or even sort of tired. The way it happens is I could be standing there, but be unaware of my surroundings, sort of like daydreaming I guess. Doesn't happen to me that often, like I said, usually only when I'm tired.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think i know what your saying. That's happened to me. I try not to let it bother me though. I just have to stay in the word and look to Jesus, even when I'm not feeling it. Hold on to His promises. Read them and verbalize them and pray according to them. This semester has been hard for me with condemnation and just not feeling all there. But i can look to the word where it says there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Or look to passages that say that through Jesus and His blood we have victory. I just need to believe what His word says and bring my anxieties to Him, no matter how hard it is. There are days when i don't, but its His grace that helps me get back up.

Upvote 0