Sometimes I am paranoid and overthink. Other times I am exactly right. Yesterday evening I was exactly right.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I read A LOT, almost entirely Christian literature. Every once in a blue moon I collect the books I have read that I know have served their purpose and that I won't read again and head to Half Price Books to sell them off. I can't stand clutter. I have never had a problem with HPB before, except for maybe they're cheap and rip you off, but you know what you're getting into and you can say yes or no, and there's nowhere else around here that I know of that makes it so easy to get rid of excess books to get new books to read.

So yesterday evening I took a box of Christian books into the store. The lady at the "sell books here" counter in the store had a masculine haircut, a rainbow lanyard around her neck, and a pronouns pin on her shirt. I instantly knew I was going to have a problem due to the content I wanted to sell. After this lady took my ID and told me she would call me up when she was ready, my fiance and I left the counter to browse the store. I told my fiance that I guarantee I get screwed and she doesn't accept the books for whatever reason because she's gay. Low and behold I get called back to the counter and the lady says she can't accept the books, but she can recycle them for me if I wanted to leave them. I don't think so. Thanks, bye. I called it.

So we went to another Half Price Books about a half hour away and the lady working that counter seemed completely ordinary, and would you guess what happened? What always happens: She quickly made me an offer on my lot of books, I accepted, and left with a new book on the rise and fall of Rome.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm a persecuted Christian in the United States when Christians are literally being murdered for their faith every day in other parts of the world, but this was obvious bias against me for my faith. They're so typical. But this kind of bias is perfectly fine I guess.

Reactions: seashale76

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I read A LOT, almost entirely Christian literature. Every once in a blue moon I collect the books I have read that I know have served their purpose and that I won't read again and head to Half Price Books to sell them off. I can't stand clutter. I have never had a problem with HPB before, except for maybe they're cheap and rip you off, but you know what you're getting into and you can say yes or no, and there's nowhere else around here that I know of that makes it so easy to get rid of excess books to get new books to read.

So yesterday evening I took a box of Christian books into the store. The lady at the "sell books here" counter in the store had a masculine haircut, a rainbow lanyard around her neck, and a pronouns pin on her shirt. I instantly knew I was going to have a problem due to the content I wanted to sell. After this lady took my ID and told me she would call me up when she was ready, my fiance and I left the counter to browse the store. I told my fiance that I guarantee I get screwed and she doesn't accept the books for whatever reason because she's gay. Low and behold I get called back to the counter and the lady says she can't accept the books, but she can recycle them for me if I wanted to leave them. I don't think so. Thanks, bye. I called it.

So we went to another Half Price Books about a half hour away and the lady working that counter seemed completely ordinary, and would you guess what happened? What always happens: She quickly made me an offer on my lot of books, I accepted, and left with a new book on the rise and fall of Rome.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm a persecuted Christian in the United States when Christians are literally being murdered for their faith every day in other parts of the world, but this was obvious bias against me for my faith. They're so typical. But this kind of bias is perfectly fine I guess.
It's so outrageous all of the ways LGBT discriminate against straight white Christians (men especially) and yet they whine and moan about being discriminated against still, even when they've gotten everything they've wanted and there's really nothing left for them to conquer. I hope I live to see them get their just desserts.

Upvote 0