Alberton
✟333.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if I will get an answer from this post but I was hoping a spiritual leader or someone who is closer to God and can maybe get some answers and can help me because I am really confused and sometimes scared about this and what is happening.

I don't even know where to start but I guess I am always in my head talking to myself. Not in a weird way but I'm just really quiet on the outside but have just thoughts about everything in my head. I also have strong emotions or emotional reactions and so I feel emotions or feelings around me intensely. I found out from someone that that is because I have a lot of empathy and that just makes me feel stuff and sometimes more intensely than others.

Where I am going with this is that i have been having these things happen like I will feel very anxious and feel like something really bad is going to happen and something doesn't feel right. I start getting dizzy and start feeling my body shake and get weak. I also dry heave and can't control my breathing and with all of this and with the bad feelings I cry uncontrollably which is probably my reaction to everything. I usually have a specific thing in my head where I feel this bad thing is gonna happen to when this happens and it never leaves me until I am exhausted enough to fall asleep and no longer feel it. After a few days from this happening something bad does indeed go wrong and there is so much conflict and something bad does happen. It has happened 4 times now so I know it isn't a coincidence.

I also have these times where in my mind there is this thought or wanting to hear something like for example I felt or it was like I wanted to hear from the radio that there was breaking news and that there was a disaster that has happened. I felt that for a few weeks and then in my city one of the main streets that is really busy had a gas explosion and broke the entire road. When I heard that it was like that feeling went away and I felt like it was that that I was waiting for. Another time was when I had that same feeling but I was waiting to hear that an accident had happened. One of my sister's high school friend passed away and when I heard that that feeling went away.

Me saying it like this seems pretty clear that they are signs and messages and stuff but I just need guidance and someone who can help me understand and I guess validate things. I sometimes feel like I'm crazy so I don't talk to people about it when I feel something towards them but I'm scared I'm not delivering God's message if he is using me.

I feel like because I'm so in my head and my emotions God is using them. I also have a feeling that God tries to tell me stuff but there's always just my own thought surrounding them and trying to make sense of them that I'm not focusing on the message and I'm getting distracted and so it's like he is trying to shake me by my shoulders to make me pay attention.

I pray about it and I feel like I get that out of it. I also get out of it that this is what I prayed for. I pray a lot that God uses me to help others and that he uses me as a vessel. But it still feels so weird and crazy to me.

I would just like some help if anyone can or anyone understands please.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if I will get an answer from this post but I was hoping a spiritual leader or someone who is closer to God and can maybe get some answers and can help me because I am really confused and sometimes scared about this and what is happening.

I don't even know where to start but I guess I am always in my head talking to myself. Not in a weird way but I'm just really quiet on the outside but have just thoughts about everything in my head. I also have strong emotions or emotional reactions and so I feel emotions or feelings around me intensely. I found out from someone that that is because I have a lot of empathy and that just makes me feel stuff and sometimes more intensely than others.

Where I am going with this is that i have been having these things happen like I will feel very anxious and feel like something really bad is going to happen and something doesn't feel right. I start getting dizzy and start feeling my body shake and get weak. I also dry heave and can't control my breathing and with all of this and with the bad feelings I cry uncontrollably which is probably my reaction to everything. I usually have a specific thing in my head where I feel this bad thing is gonna happen to when this happens and it never leaves me until I am exhausted enough to fall asleep and no longer feel it. After a few days from this happening something bad does indeed go wrong and there is so much conflict and something bad does happen. It has happened 4 times now so I know it isn't a coincidence.

I also have these times where in my mind there is this thought or wanting to hear something like for example I felt or it was like I wanted to hear from the radio that there was breaking news and that there was a disaster that has happened. I felt that for a few weeks and then in my city one of the main streets that is really busy had a gas explosion and broke the entire road. When I heard that it was like that feeling went away and I felt like it was that that I was waiting for. Another time was when I had that same feeling but I was waiting to hear that an accident had happened. One of my sister's high school friend passed away and when I heard that that feeling went away.

Me saying it like this seems pretty clear that they are signs and messages and stuff but I just need guidance and someone who can help me understand and I guess validate things. I sometimes feel like I'm crazy so I don't talk to people about it when I feel something towards them but I'm scared I'm not delivering God's message if he is using me.

I feel like because I'm so in my head and my emotions God is using them. I also have a feeling that God tries to tell me stuff but there's always just my own thought surrounding them and trying to make sense of them that I'm not focusing on the message and I'm getting distracted and so it's like he is trying to shake me by my shoulders to make me pay attention.

I pray about it and I feel like I get that out of it. I also get out of it that this is what I prayed for. I pray a lot that God uses me to help others and that he uses me as a vessel. But it still feels so weird and crazy to me.

Welcome to CF. I don't claim to have words of wisdom to help you but here goes.....
It seems anxiety is taking it's toll on you physically. I can relate to thoughts going in circles , this is how my mind works when processing emotions but, if it becomes acute ,you may want to seek professional advice.
On the messages, I think it would be beneficial to get those thoughts on paper. Possibly start a journal ! Write them down as they come to mind ,date the entries then look back on them and analyze. Remember, God asks only one thing when interacting with others . Love. If it is not loving, then it is not from Him.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We can't trust our feelings ... many times they are wrong. We have warped thinking and our thinking needs to be changed. Our thinking is changed as we study and understand Gods principles in living they way He intended from creation (before the fall)

Romans 12:2, “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Not only is our mind something we should focus on as a believer, but we are also called to transform ourselves by renewing our minds.

Intense, long-term contemplation of God and studying His Word has the power to permanently change the structure of those parts of the brain that control our moods, give rise to our conscious notions of self, and shape our sensory perceptions of the world.

We are to pattern ourselves after Jesus .... He is our example.

1 John 2:6 ESV​

Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

It is a lifetime commitment and we mess up here and there ... never the less .... we keep walking.

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's fine to be sensitive. It's fine to be selfconscious. It's fine to worry whether churches are teaching enough, or too little. Turn everything in life into a prayer. If you're inarticulate, "string" together Glory Be's. And steep yourself in Scripture passages on every topic and whole Scripture books (don't use either of the Grudem "bibles"). That way the natural is less likely to turn unnatural.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
tanyagomes you're right in that every believer is given a spiritual gift for the good of all according to I Cor 12:7. Sometimes more than one at a time though they can change according to His purpose. From the first chapter we know this is addressing believers (vs unbelievers) being given gifts. Do you have access to Biblical teachings on subjects such as this? We do our part including studying (II Tim 2:15), being lovers of the truth while the church helps equip us (Eph 4:12-14).

Wondering if you keep a journal. We can record what we believe the message is and add to it as The Lord gives clarity. Found sometimes it's for us to pray.

Last edited:
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@tanyagomes, does your church practice the gifts of the Holy Spirit?
If they do, tell them what you told us here and they can help you to sort it out.

If they do not, find a church that does and let them speak to this. Such churches are called Charismatic or Pentecostal churches. If you cannot find them by those names, look for a church that openly prays for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and for healing.

Upvote 0

Terri Dactyl

Aug 27, 2022
Midwest
✟47,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Celibate
Every church member should have at least one spiritual gift from the Holy Spirit. A church does not have to be charismatic to express those gifts.
There are more gifts than tongues and prophecy.
Administration is a gift-helps is a gift teaching and knowledge are gifts, and so is mercy and exhortation--there are many gifts .See how you do on the test.

Upvote 0

EverydayBread

Aug 9, 2021
Uusimaa
✟30,755.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi.

The symptoms do sound like anxiety or maybe anxiety disorder.

I don't indeed believe in coincidence, because God knows everything and He is Alpha and Omega. But still before these things happening you don't know what will happen, so I don't see how could it be useful to have this kind of reaction before it. But of course God can be using you! You already ask for it too! (Just consider that maybe this isn't the way).

But I am not here to discourage you. You already know the gifts of the Spirit, right? Just know that there is a gift for every one of us, for some bigger responsibility than to others, yet every member is important.

Anxiety is something I struggled with too. It can strangely seem like a spiritual attack, except that it's very physical reaction. For example shaking, crying and pressuring feeling on the chest. Anxiety can be caused by a lot of things, for example fears. But anxiety is also something that can be worked through. It just need much processing of the mind, which is very typical for overthinkers, like myself :).

But may God lead you about this issue! Just remember that as believers we don't have to be afraid at all, and we are encouraged not to be afraid. We should be courageous and joyful, for we do have a loving God. ❤️

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I would just like some help if anyone can or anyone understands please
Yes, you are gifted, likely if you can discern the future, you have the gift of a word of wisdom, and perhaps prophecy. The problem is you hear from the spirit realm, and it could be God or the devils side, or maybe both. So you need to learn how to submit entirely to God on this. By Submit I mean let the bible guide you and get rid of and denounce any kind of fortune telling, oiuji board, or horoscope stuff. IF that is in your family or you have done in the past, it needs to go. God is peaceful and can give emotions and tell us about bad things that might happen you do not have to shake or have any anxiety. Anything that comes you should give to God, and pray until you have peace. I'm thinking you are not Pentecostal, but if you prayed in tongues that sure would help you manage, understand and accelerate your gifts. The good news is that you are active and changes are coming. Just make sure they are on God's side of peace.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
prophecies are over. ( that which is perfect ha come it is Jesus Christ, look for what is perfect not imperfect man)

1 Corinthians 13:
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Hebrews 9:11
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
prophecies are over. ( that which is perfect ha come it is Jesus Christ, look for what is perfect not imperfect man)

1 Corinthians 13:...
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away...
Paul wrote the following after Jesus' resurrection & ascension,
"There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit,​
to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,​
to another faith by the same Spirit,​
to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,​
to another the working of miracles,​
to another prophecy,
to another discerning of spirits,​
to another different kinds of tongues,​
to another the interpretation of tongues.​
But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills."
1 Cor. 12:4-11 NKJV​

Paul wrote that just one chapter prior to 1 Cor. 13 --in the same letter-- so "the perfect has come" in the sense of verse 10 does not apply until the next life [1 John 3:2].

Last edited:
Reactions: EverydayBread
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
to another prophecy,
But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills."

Paul wrote that just one chapter prior to 1 Cor. 13 --in the same letter-- so "the perfect has come" in the sense of verse 10 does not apply until the next life [1 John 3:2].
we are children in understanding, or men now, we can see who is right...

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Corinthians 13:

1 Corinthians 14:20
Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
to another prophecy,

as for gifts...

Proverbs 25:14
Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.

we have one gift of eternal life, then we stopped being children, unless you can show we are until the next life..( perfect has come and us put on)

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Colossians 3:14
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you not seeing the when/then in 1 Cor. 13:10?
yes, and when is it coming for you, not in this life. (your own conclusion/self judgement)

Luke 19:22
And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

Psalm 109:17
As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes, and when is it coming for you, not in this life. (your own conclusion/self judgement)
That is not an orthodox view of this passage.
Paul would not tell us that the Holy Spirit wants us to prophesy in chapter 12
and tell us a chapter later that such prophesying has already been annulled.

He is saying that such will no longer be necessary in the next life.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not an orthodox view of this passage.
Paul would not tell us that the Holy Spirit wants us to prophesy in chapter 12
and tell us a chapter later that such prophesying has already been annulled.

He is saying that such will no longer be necessary in the next life.
yes, to not recognise that which is perfect has come, is denying Christ, has come in the flesh.

read, how he gave gifts, until UNTIL, WE ALL COME...

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

that is the testimony, not to say we have these gifts until the next life, that is n ot the testimony at all.

1 Corinthians 13:10
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Ephesians 4:
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Upvote 0