Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, again, just what did Russia learn from what was shared? What intelligence sources were damaged? Are you suggesting that Russia did not know they had put so many troops around Ukraine?

He did, he warned them well before the US left that they needed to get out of the country immediately. These Americans should have already known the US was leaving, that the original agreement was that the US had agreed to leave by May.

The US had, in principle, agreed to replace the MiGs, though Poland would not agree to give the planes to Ukraine. "Although Secretary of State Antony Blinken says the U.S. would give the go-ahead to the transfer of the planes to Ukraine and is already talking with Poland about backfilling its aircraft inventory, Poland has not yet decided to move ahead with the transfers. In a tweet over the weekend, the chancellery of the Polish prime minister called a story stating that Poland would give Ukraine MiG-29s in exchange for U.S.-made F-16s was "fake news.""

The issue, as I stated before, was the transfer of planes. Poland's issue, per Mark Cancian, a retired Marine Colonel and senior advisor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies: "It's a political issue in the sense that, if you have a Polish aircraft and you put a Ukrainian pilot in there, and that pilot then flies the aircraft into Ukraine to fight the Russians, the Russians can plausibly argue that Poland has now become a co-belligerent, since it's launching aircraft from its soil into Ukraine. "So the Poles are very, very nervous about that and want to be very careful that this does not make them vulnerable to Russian counter-actions.""

So, a couple of days later, Poland comes up with the "bright" idea that they'll give the MiGs to the US, in Germany; though they give no advance notice to the US about this "plan."

So if we tried what you wanted, that likely means that the next time the US military does military exercises in Germany/Western Europe, Russia is free to put "sanctions" (such as cutting off oil to Europe) since they feel the US might attack Russia. You do not punish a country (or a person) for things it looks like they might do, you have to wait until the "crime" is committed.

Beyond that, sanctions at that point are just as likely to have pushed Russia into the invasion, or even an invasion of NATO, as putting those sanctions on for what Russia "might be planning" would be legitimately seen as an act of economic warfare by the US (particularly since our NATO allies would likely not have agreed and joined us in those sanctions).

Putin is also likely to have still attacked, particularly since Russia would have already been damaged by the sanctions, which if they came off quickly, would still cause serious damage to Russia's economy. Particularly since Putin likely would have seen it as an attack against Russian sovereignty.

Citation? The major complaints I've seen from Zelensky are that the US didn't do enough to help Ukraine before the war stated -- though technically that would also apply to Pres. Trump -- as Biden had sent military aid to Ukraine before the war, and that was on top of two aid packages for Ukraine sent in 2021.

The second is that Biden would not agree to a "no-fly zone." While I fully understand why Zelensky's complaint, it would put the US in a position where we would have to "attack" (through bombings) Russian troops on Russian soil; when Russian air defense batteries located on the border, but in Russia, shoot missiles at US aircraft, there to enforce the no fly zone, over Ukrainian territory.

Zelensky is in a tough position, in trying to be thankful for the aid sent, while at the same time trying to push NATO leaders -- particularly Biden -- to do more, such as the no fly zone. What I have not seen from Zelensky over the last few weeks is complaints that the aid approved is not reaching him, just a request for even more support.

And yet, Biden's leadership has been praised by sources such as Forbes, the Hill, the Japan Times, the Economist, etc. -- publications that aren't slanted toward Democrats, with a couple non-US sources. The complaints about Biden's leadership seems to largely be a Republican politically fueled complaint and not one shared by most of the world.

And for all the complaints about his leadership, if Biden had been more "forceful" (what Zelensky was calling for) -- such as setting up a no fly zone -- then Republicans would be criticizing him for putting US troops in a foreign war. Biden cannot win with the Republican spin machine. If he is more of a "leader", more forceful, then he is a warmonger but if he acts in a measured and determined fashion, as he has, then he is "weak," at least per the Republican spin machine.
frankly I do not find any of your justifications, excuses, and what if's, worthy of a response.We now have Germany, France, and GB faulting and correcting the careless statements of Biden. Biden is at a new low in public opinion in our nation and it is obvious to everyone that he is not getting the job done.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
frankly I do not find any of your justifications, excuses, and what if's, worthy of a response.
And yet they were factual and well documented. I wonder why a response would want to try and change the subject away from such a post.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
frankly I do not find any of your justifications, excuses, and what if's, worthy of a response.We now have Germany, France, and GB faulting and correcting the careless statements of Biden. Biden is at a new low in public opinion in our nation and it is obvious to everyone that he is not getting the job done.
And yet still better than Trump.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The focus here is Biden, Biden is president now, Biden is responsible now, Biden is failing now.
What's the 3rd word in the thread title again?

I mean, I get it. There's a concerted effort to try and make people forget about the details of Donald's one term in office. Understandable, after how badly he got beat in an election when those details were fresh in the minds of the electorate. But maybe a more subtle approach would be in order rather than this obvious attempt to distract from all of the guys failures.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The focus here is Biden, Biden is president now, Biden is responsible now, Biden is failing now.
Its pretty naïve to think this isnt about the next election or the one after that. It always is anymore. Its all politics.

Also, please look at the thread title.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden vs Putin

It's clear who is losing...
  • Russia's economy is in ruins
  • Over 300 Companies have left Russia
  • NATO is stronger today than the day Putin invaded - with NATO military forces deployed closer to Russia
  • Russia's military has been exposed as incompetent and vulnerable to a force 1/10th its size
  • For decades to come, generations of Ukrainians will be hostile toward the Russian government

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's the 3rd word in the thread title again?

I mean, I get it. There's a concerted effort to try and make people forget about the details of Donald's one term in office. Understandable, after how badly he got beat in an election when those details were fresh in the minds of the electorate. But maybe a more subtle approach would be in order rather than this obvious attempt to distract from all of the guys failures.
I like that thinking and we people stop trying to switch the focus off of the failures of Biden by bringing up the name of Trump, I will stop pointing out the Biden is now president, Biden is now responsible, and Biden is now continuing to fail as a president.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I like that thinking and we people stop trying to switch the focus off of the failures of Biden by bringing up the name of Trump, I will stop pointing out the Biden is now president, Biden is now responsible, and Biden is now continuing to fail as a president.
That's nice. What does it have to do with my post? You know, the one which pointed out that it is hard to believe your claim that Donald is off topic when his name is the third word in the thread title.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have started many, many threads on that topic, so why not stick to the actual subject of this thread, at least while posting on this thread?

I believe Biden's tactic of united sanctions against Russia while assisting Ukraine is better, more effective than asking Putin to spill the tea on the major of Moscow's dealings.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
North Korea has lunched 8 missiles so far in 2022 and China not only showed contempt for this administration at the March 2021 meeting in Alaska but they also showed what they thought about Biden's attempt to reach out in friendship recently when he gave them classified information about Russia and they immediately passed it along to Russia.
Maybe you have forgotten that Biden gave China classified intelligence information that China then passed along to Putin. I would have expected Biden to keep his word when he pledged that he would not remove our troops until all Americans had been removed. I also would have expected Biden to allow the Migs to be given to Ukraine, to invoke sanctions before the invasion as a deterrent, to expedite the shipment of weapons, to take the lead in cutting off Russian energy imports instead of waiting for Germany to lead the way and Congress to force him into it. I would expect him to act presidential instead of leading from behind.
What evidence do you have that the information, the intelligence was classified?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have started many, many threads on that topic, so why not stick to the actual subject of this thread, at least while posting on this thread?

I believe Biden's tactic of united sanctions against Russia while assisting Ukraine is better, more effective than asking Putin to spill the tea on the major of Moscow's dealings.
When you meet with other world leaders and they suggest sanctions, does that make those sanctions somehow a tactic of Biden? Agreeing to someone else's concepts in not leading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's nice. What does it have to do with my post? You know, the one which pointed out that it is hard to believe your claim that Donald is off topic when his name is the third word in the thread title.

In this thread if you do not mention Trump, you are off topic.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
that question has been asked and answered previously, read the thread
I have read the thread, but I didn't see where that intelligence was classified. If you know, please tell.

When you meet with other world leaders and they suggest sanctions, does that make those sanctions somehow a tactic of Biden? Agreeing to someone else's concepts in not leading.
Are you claiming that this is what actually happened?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, this article says that intelligence was given but does NOT say that it was classified. The two are not synonymous.

Is this based on anything other than your disdain for the president? Sanctions are a common and typical response that the US government has used/is using against Russia in response to her aggression.
If you truly want to try to make a case the intelligence on foreign troop movements is not classified be my guest, I do not remember in my entire career every seeing an intelligence report that did not have some classification. Just the fact the Russians were able to know what intel we had itself is more likely than not a compromise of classified information.

Upvote 0