Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Why is it a common trait in most Christians I meet that they think that with their beliefs they can help everyone? While they force their brand of faith on you they do nothing to change themselves. Always trying to fix everyone they fail to see what they have become, and a hole they dig themselves into.

They're so busy working out other people's salvation that they are blinded by their own actions. If Jesus can save you why am I seeing the worst results? Sorry to say it but Jesus is either not there or not on your side.

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why is it a common trait in most Christians I meet that they think that with their beliefs they can help everyone?
It has to be rooted in resentment of a past ignorance they have been freed from, that they want to free others from too.
While they force their brand of faith on you they do nothing to change themselves. Always trying to fix everyone they fail to see what they have become, and a hole they dig themselves into.
Yeah, that indicates that they are not remaining victorious. We must keep repenting at every opportunity, in order to maintain right in dispute. It is human nature to want to be right more than to be wrong, so it becomes a stumbling block - that they cannot admit their mistakes in order to be right, their desire to be right makes them wrong!
They're so busy working out other people's salvation that they are blinded by their own actions. If Jesus can save you why am I seeing the worst results? Sorry to say it but Jesus is either not there or not on your side.
Have a think about the expression "wherever two or three are gathered in my name, I am there in their midst", specifically what is a name? .. is it squiggles on paper, or audible tones? Of course it is more than that. It is an identity - an acknowledgement of a person. When we live in the present times, 2,000 years after Jesus, and everyone has a different idea of who Jesus is, how can it be said that He is being properly identified (ie: His name being invoked), if they are really bringing to mind some image of a person that He is not? (that's a big problem I have when I share the gospel - I say "This is the gospel of Jesus Christ" and they say "no thanks - I've heard that before". When I say Jesus, they think of someone who isn't Jesus, because that's what they've encountered before. So the name I speak is not the same name they hear - and it isn't because of the words I speak, it is because of His name having been misrepresented.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,163,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it a common trait in most Christians I meet that they think that with their beliefs they can help everyone? While they force their brand of faith on you they do nothing to change themselves. Always trying to fix everyone they fail to see what they have become, and a hole they dig themselves into.

Matthew chapter 7 answers this question entirely. Read and see --
Matthew 7 NIV

Many 'Christians' haven't, and that won't work out ok for them, Christ tells us.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟724,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Study the Holy Bible yourself, about Jesus .... so you know what a Christian is supposed to be like, otherwise you are just looking at a bunch of sinners ;o)

God Bless.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Study the Holy Bible yourself, about Jesus .... so you know what a Christian is supposed to be like, otherwise you are just looking at a bunch of sinners ;o)

God Bless.
I've got better things to do, really I do. Besides that I've read the Bible tirelessly. It didn't help me one little bit, it just inflated my ego, which me thinks is why many Christians go around with big heads.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Everyone does that. Your post is intended to help everyone. Everyone does it.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟489,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why is it a common trait in most Christians I meet that they think that with their beliefs they can help everyone?

That's a gross generalization; nevertheless, the truth is Jesus can help everyone.

While they force their brand of faith on you they do nothing to change themselves. Always trying to fix everyone they fail to see what they have become, and a hole they dig themselves into.

That sounds like you're talking about one specific person. That certainly is not the mind set of "most Christians" I know - and I know quite a lot.

Secondly, Christianity is not a "brand." The Bible is the story of the one true God. Christian's know this. You can't "know" this and not be excited about sharing it with others. All the Christians I know - again that's a lot - are working hard to "fix" themselves.

They're so busy working out other people's salvation that they are blinded by their own actions.

Again, this sounds like you're talking about one person. Again, it applies to absolutely known of the Christian's I know - and I know a lot.

If Jesus can save you why am I seeing the worst results?

You're looking in the wrong place. When you are saved by Jesus you do not become a perfect person or suddenly have a perfect life - there's a lot of work that follows. Our lives here in this world will always be troubled and a challenge.

Sorry to say it but Jesus is either not there or not on your side.

Jesus is here. He's with me right now. And He's standing right next to you waiting for you to turn to Him and seek to know Him. People who turn to Jesus are still living in a fallen world and many will look no different than those who are unsaved - but the difference is believers have the Holy Spirit inside them to help them get through this difficult world.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟724,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've got better things to do, really I do. Besides that I've read the Bible tirelessly. It didn't help me one little bit, it just inflated my ego, which me thinks is why many Christians go around with big heads.

Well sorry to hear that ... good luck with your ego and the better things you have to do.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Of course, you NEVER do this yourself, do you, AntiCrash?

In other words, you are projecting!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Of course, there is Proverbs 25:11.
See, this is the exact point I'm making. Here's a perfect example of a believer forcing their view's on someone to make them change. Look! You read the Bible ok. Come back later when you're a real Christ like soul.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟837,218.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
See, this is the exact point I'm making. Here's a perfect example of a believer forcing their view's on someone to make them change. Look! You read the Bible ok. Come back later when you're a real Christ like soul.
There are three things that happen when a person becomes a Christian. These are described in the Scripture , "Repent and be converted, that your sins are blotted out" (Acts 3:19. The first, "repent" is something that the person professing Christian has to do. The second and third "be converted, and sins blotted out" are what God in the person in response to the repentance.

Repentance is not merely putting on the "badge" of Christianity. It would just be a like a guy taking off his blue sports jacket, and putting on a red one. The jacket is different, but the man inside it hasn't changed. This is why we get some many professing Christians who may have got religion, and partially repented (holding on to their most enjoyable and favourite sins), but were never genuinely converted to Christ. It is one thing to accept Christ, it is quite another for Christ to accept the person. If a person hasn't fully repented - that is, turned from every known sin, and committed completely to Christ, then God holds back from doing the transformation work in the person in order to make them a genuine Christian.

People have mistakenly believed that walking up to the front of a church, praying a sinner's prayer and deciding to become Christian is actually genuine conversion. The truth is, only God can convert a person. The person cannot convert himself, and God won't convert a half pye religious person who has one foot in the church and the other in the world.

So, I reckon the "Christians" you have met, may still be unconverted, and not really of Christ at all, no matter how religious they are. When you meet a real Christian, who is all for Christ, absolutely strict in following Christ's laws. loving God with all his heart and loving you as he would himself, and has been fully transformed by the work of the Holy Spirit within them, you will know it beyond doubt. You may not like the level of their commitment, or their strictness in living a holy life, treating the world as if they are in it but not of it, but you would not be able to deny that there is something significantly different about them. You would either be repelled and want to keep away from them because they make you feel bad about yourself; or you will be drawn to Christ and say from your heart, "What shall I do to be saved?"

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟911,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why don't you seek Him yourself. You may find your frustrations satisfied.
Blessings

• Agree
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Is there some good reason you think we should be able to account for the Christians you've met who don't impress you? Apart from the extremely scanty information you've offered, we know nothing about these Christians. Certainly, it is not reasonable to infer from the few you know to all Christians. That's the kind of thinking racists indulge in.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

All depending on their actions you mentioned, are you certain they are
Christians at all?

You say "most" Christians, but it sounds like you are describing just about the right amount of fakes, or those who are sincere but haven't quit figured it all out yet..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Matthew chapter 7 answers this question entirely. Read and see --
Matthew 7 NIV

Many 'Christians' haven't, and that won't work out ok for them, Christ tells us.
If you can plainly explain it, instead of using book, chapter and verse. Or I might have to counter all your biblical arguments with harry potter.

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Everyone does that. Your post is intended to help everyone. Everyone does it.
Yeah true but the only difference is Christians are fighting me with their invisible God, and I fight for myself.

Which one is more real?

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That's a gross generalization; nevertheless, the truth is Jesus can help everyone.

That sounds like you're talking about one specific person. That certainly is not the mind set of "most Christians" I know - and I know quite a lot.

Secondly, Christianity is not a "brand." The Bible is the story of the one true God. Christian's know this. You can't "know" this and not be excited about sharing it with others. All the Christians I know - again that's a lot - are working hard to "fix" themselves.

Again, this sounds like you're talking about one person. Again, it applies to absolutely known of the Christian's I know - and I know a lot.

You're looking in the wrong place. When you are saved by Jesus you do not become a perfect person or suddenly have a perfect life - there's a lot of work that follows. Our lives here in this world will always be troubled and a challenge.

Jesus is here. He's with me right now. And He's standing right next to you waiting for you to turn to Him and seek to know Him. People who turn to Jesus are still living in a fallen world and many will look no different than those who are unsaved - but the difference is believers have the Holy Spirit inside them to help them get through this difficult world.
I think that humans will generally rationalize the irrational away when faced with the cold hard truth that they just don't know.

I do know the feeling of Jesus being a blankey.

Upvote 0

AntiCrash

Nov 10, 2018
Brisbane, Queensland
✟9,561.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
There are three things that happen when a person becomes a Christian. These are described in the Scripture , "Repent and be converted, that your sins are blotted out" (Acts 3:19. The first, "repent" is something that the person professing Christian has to do. The second and third "be converted, and sins blotted out" are what God in the person in response to the repentance.

Repentance is not merely putting on the "badge" of Christianity. It would just be a like a guy taking off his blue sports jacket, and putting on a red one. The jacket is different, but the man inside it hasn't changed. This is why we get some many professing Christians who may have got religion, and partially repented (holding on to their most enjoyable and favourite sins), but were never genuinely converted to Christ. It is one thing to accept Christ, it is quite another for Christ to accept the person. If a person hasn't fully repented - that is, turned from every known sin, and committed completely to Christ, then God holds back from doing the transformation work in the person in order to make them a genuine Christian.

People have mistakenly believed that walking up to the front of a church, praying a sinner's prayer and deciding to become Christian is actually genuine conversion. The truth is, only God can convert a person. The person cannot convert himself, and God won't convert a half pye religious person who has one foot in the church and the other in the world.

So, I reckon the "Christians" you have met, may still be unconverted, and not really of Christ at all, no matter how religious they are. When you meet a real Christian, who is all for Christ, absolutely strict in following Christ's laws. loving God with all his heart and loving you as he would himself, and has been fully transformed by the work of the Holy Spirit within them, you will know it beyond doubt. You may not like the level of their commitment, or their strictness in living a holy life, treating the world as if they are in it but not of it, but you would not be able to deny that there is something significantly different about them. You would either be repelled and want to keep away from them because they make you feel bad about yourself; or you will be drawn to Christ and say from your heart, "What shall I do to be saved?"
Personally I think religion punches a hole in your heart then says fill yourself with me. You can be controlled very easy when you are looking for someone or something outside yourself to tell you who you are.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟489,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that humans will generally rationalize the irrational away when faced with the cold hard truth that they just don't know.

I do know the feeling of Jesus being a blankey.

Speaking of blankets...

You seem stuck on blanket statements to rationalize why so many people seem to be having a genuine experience knowing God.

Those of us who say we "know" God - really do "know" God.

I understand how ridiculous and silly it sounds to an unbeliever - I was one for 30 years - but once you've experienced God there is no denying His existence and His manifestation in the person Jesus Christ.

There is no rational argument that can make that real to you - you have to want to know Him and He will make Himself very real to you.

I pray you have that experience one day.

Upvote 0