Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you consider attaining exaltation as being locked up in a room??
Since exaltation is a distinctive LDS doctrine, and not supported by the Bible in context and since this is a Christian site, then why are you posting as if exaltation is a fact? Is that not a form of "promoting the LDS religion"?

I ask because your avatar is SDA, and there seems to be very little that you and the LDS hold in common.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Since exaltation is a distinctive LDS doctrine, and not supported by the Bible in context and since this is a Christian site, then why are you posting as if exaltation is a fact? Is that not a form of "promoting the LDS religion"?

I ask because your avatar is SDA, and there seems to be very little that you and the LDS hold in common.

You have to go back several posts to get the whole discussion. It would take too long to explain! If you read the posts you will not need to ask if I am promoting the LDS religion!

Upvote 0

JohnT

Oct 27, 2007
Finger Lakes, NY
✟19,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have to go back several posts to get the whole discussion. It would take too long to explain! If you read the posts you will not need to ask if I am promoting the LDS religion!
I left here 9 years ago, so yes, I am not current on anything.

It just seemed that way because I believed you were asking about exaltation as if it were true.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I left here 9 years ago, so yes, I am not current on anything.

It just seemed that way because I believed you were asking about exaltation as if it were true.

Trust me----I most certainly do not believe it to be true.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟217,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your parents kept you locked inside a room that was lined with bubble wrap, how much would you learn about the rest of the world?
Are you really trying to make a comparison with what God did in your beliefs and why you have to come to Earth to "learn" obedience? God is now compared to an abuser, like the couple who held their 13 children captive and in chains that recently got caught??

Wow! I'd want no part of that God.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟217,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's two choices here:
1) Wrap a child up in bubble wrap and keep them locked in the house all day (which you just described as child abuse)
2) Let them go out and experience the world, while providing way for them to be saved (due to their inventible stumble)

Which do you believe a loving Father would do?
Them being in heaven with God isn't enough? In God's presence and love, then he kicks them out to "experience the world"??? How is that "love"?

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟217,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to really like this idea of being locked in a room. Do likewise lock all your kids up and never let them out?
The lds brought up the notion of being locked in a room. Revelations 21 is about a city, a big city - about 1400 square miles. Certainly much bigger than your daughter's bedroom, with much more space to roam. All we ever need is there. Outside the city is darkness and sin. Continuing the analogy, why would God send us into that place to "learn"? That's just silly. And I'm sure heaven is much bigger than the New Jerusalem in Rev 21. Why would God kick us out of that? Bad theology!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That has nothing to do with this. We're talking about YOUR theology about the world today. Not LDS theology about the after life.

This whole thread is about LDS theology. And I asked if you think that being up there with God is being in a cage--bubble wrap---then do you think that exaltation is also being in a bubble wrap? If not---than what is the difference. We're supposed to be preexisting up there with God, and you call that being in a bubble wrap cage---that we are down here to learn how to be up there with Him when we were already up there with Him. Can you understand why it is making no sense?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
This whole thread is about LDS theology. And I asked if you think that being up there with God is being in a cage--bubble wrap---then do you think that exaltation is also being in a bubble wrap? If not---than what is the difference. We're supposed to be preexisting up there with God, and you call that being in a bubble wrap cage---that we are down here to learn how to be up there with Him when we were already up there with Him. Can you understand why it is making no sense?
Again, LDS *don't* believe in wrapping up in bubble wrap or locking people up in their room (physically or metaphorically). Hence, the purpose of creation of the Earth, salvation, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Again, LDS *don't* believe in wrapping up in bubble wrap or locking people up in their room (physically or metaphorically). Hence, the purpose of creation of the Earth, salvation, etc.

You called such "abusive" and "insane", instead preferring your idea of being locked in the room forever, never learning or growing or experiencing.

No---I said that being up there with God is not being locked up in a bubble wrap but is pure and true freedom. It is you that called being up there with Him being locked up in a bubble wrap. I want to know why you call being with God being in a bubble wrap. I said that coming down here, instead of being up there is what is abuse and being in a bubble wrap cage--a cage of sin. You are not answering my question and again I am asking you to explain why you consider being up there, with God, with no sin or death, as being in a bubble wrap. Why do we have to learn how to sin in order to then become what you call exalted? If you can not explain it, then it makes no more sense to you than it does to me.

For Christians it is we come into existence when we are born into this sin controlled world and it is God that frees us from this cage of sin and death to be with Him for eternity without any sin or death.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
No---I said that being up there with God is not being locked up in a bubble wrap but is pure and true freedom. It is you that called being up there with Him being locked up in a bubble wrap.
No growth, no learning, no real experience, no real feeling = wrapped in bubble wrap.
Not being allowed to leave or learn = caged.

Hence why God (being loving and not a caging abuser) created the world, allowing people to experience, to learn, to grow. And provided a way back to Him. God is love.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No growth, no learning, no real experience, no real feeling = wrapped in bubble wrap.
Not being allowed to leave or learn = caged.

Hence why God (being loving and not a caging abuser) created the world, allowing people to experience, to learn, to grow. And provided a way back to Him. God is love.

No growth, no learning, no real experience no real feeling???!!!! Are you seriously saying that being with God is equal to being stagnant and that learning to sin is really living??!! And who says no one was allowed to leave? They could go anywhere in the universe!!! If you can not see the twisted, backwards, Satanic theory behind that you are truly in a bubble wrap cage of JS theology.
God is love in that He provided a way for us to come back to His perfect world without sin or death by the shedding of His Son's blood.
Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
You sin you die---period. That is what sin brought. We do not have to thank God for Satan's luring us into sin in order to experience the blessings of real feelings. It is God that provides a way for us to be free from the lies of Satan that sin is real living and feelings!! Real feelings are love, down here real feelings are lust, power, greed, covetousness, greed and violence. If you think those are what real feelings and real life are all about, you will indeed find life in the presence of God stifling stagnant and be most unhappy.
It is not us that pre-existed. All God's angels were created by Jesus--including Lucifer long before us. Lucifer lured 1/3 of the angels away from God with that line of thinking. Yes--God is love--that is real. But at least 2/3 of the angels were smart enough to not believe the lie of Lucifer and preferred the stagnant life that God provided. So do I. This theology is definitely not biblical nor of God.

(And no, there is no verse that says 1/3 of the angels were thrown out--it comes from combining Hebrews 12:12 and Rev 12:3-9)

• Winner
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No growth, no learning, no real experience no real feeling???!!!! Are you seriously saying that being with God is equal to being stagnant and that learning to sin is really living??!! And who says no one was allowed to leave? They could go anywhere in the universe!!! If you can not see the twisted, backwards, Satanic theory behind that you are truly in a bubble wrap cage of JS theology.
God is love in that He provided a way for us to come back to His perfect world without sin or death by the shedding of His Son's blood.
Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
You sin you die---period. That is what sin brought. We do not have to thank God for Satan's luring us into sin in order to experience the blessings of real feelings. It is God that provides a way for us to be free from the lies of Satan that sin is real living and feelings!! Real feelings are love, down here real feelings are lust, power, greed, covetousness, greed and violence. If you think those are what real feelings and real life are all about, you will indeed find life in the presence of God stifling stagnant and be most unhappy.
It is not us that pre-existed. All God's angels were created by Jesus--including Lucifer long before us. Lucifer lured 1/3 of the angels away from God with that line of thinking. Yes--God is love--that is real. But at least 2/3 of the angels were smart enough to not believe the lie of Lucifer and preferred the stagnant life that God provided. So do I. This theology is definitely not biblical nor of God.

(And no, there is no verse that says 1/3 of the angels were thrown out--it comes from combining Hebrews 12:12 and Rev 12:3-9)

I KNOW THIS OFFENDS YOU---I SAY IT NOT IN ORDER TO OFFEND, BUT IT IS SO APPALING THAT I CAN SAY IT NO OTHER WAY.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
No growth, no learning, no real experience no real feeling???!!!! Are you seriously saying that being with God is equal to being stagnant and that learning to sin is really living??!!
Learning inevitably involves making mistakes and getting hurt. Any parent/teacher/mentor can tell you that. The bubble wrapped idea of "no one never gets hurt, no one ever makes mistakes" is of no learning.
Hence the plan always involved a Savior.
Real feelings are love
Which each person needs to learn.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Learning inevitably involves making mistakes and getting hurt. Any parent/teacher/mentor can tell you that. The bubble wrapped idea of "no one never gets hurt, no one ever makes mistakes" is of no learning.

Hence the plan always involved a Savior.

Which each person needs to learn.

That depends on what you need to learn. If you need to learn how to swim, you may need to swallow some water. Not one single person needs to know how to kill, covet, commit adultery, steal, rape their children, or how to die. Those are not mistakes on the road to higher education. 2/3 of the angels did not feel any need for learning those things and chose to stay with God. At the cross the whole universe saw what those things lead to and rejoiced they did not learn them---never again will sin raise it's ugly head after the resurrection.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Learning to follow God. All learning inevitably involves making mistakes.

2/3 of the angels learned to follow quite well without falling. Who says that we have to learn to kill so we can learn to follow God. It's one thing to decide you're not going to wash the dishes when you're told to---quite another to murder your mother for telling you to do so. As I said, these things down here are nit mistakes. They stem from sin being in the heart. Why do these pre-existing beings have to come down here to learn the horrors of sin--those are not mistakes. In that stagnant, bubble wrapped world up there that these beings were in---what horrible thing could God ask them to do that would make them not want to do what God said to do? Would God have asked them to do something that violated their conscience?
Lucifer did not lure the 1/3 by tempting them to steal, or kill, or any thing like that---He did what he later did with Adam and Eve and what he taught Absalom to do---(if you read up on how Absalom led the people away from his father you get a very clear idea of what Lucifer did in heaven)
He first leads to distrust the motives of God, to not believe that He means what He says.
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

He undermines the very character of God. He implies that God is lying---that He is preventing you from experiencing something that is actually good for you. That you are not really living!
Distrust comes long before the actual sin. God did not provide a way for humanity to fall---He provided a way back from that fall. You may think you stand in the light of God. But when you malign the very character of God---how can you stand in His light? JS bought into the original lie.

Upvote 0